Around the NHL 2012-2013 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

fimoknete

Jun 4, 2006
Roesrath, Germany
The over confidence is unreal. We arent up 3-1 or 3-0, its only 2-1. Lets see what happens tonight first.

well, if you watch the games you can see that the other team is just playing wrong vs the wings.
actually i am surprised that Joel Quenneville is running into the same trap like anaheim did. didnt they watch the wings before?
a offensive playing team will not beat the wings with babcocks brickwall tactics. they may win 2-3 games but thats it.
i still hear the whining when anaheim was leading 3-2 in games. but on the ice you could see it was only hiller kept them in the series.
now chicago has crappy crawfort. this team is no danger at all. not because they are better its just because babcock plays real ugly but result orientated hockey. is it watchable? no. does it have success? yes.
you can stop every rush when your brickwall is just thick enough.
as long chicago is not changing their game they will not win this series at all.
they may win today or get another win what i highly doubt but the wings will win this series unless chicago is changing their style. but i dont think they have enough time to adopt a new style nor have they the player to do so. but you never know. maybe quenneville can do something.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
LA's a tough cookie. Even if you're winning you never get breathing room because they only lose by a goal or two, and you'll be sure to feel it.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
well, if you watch the games you can see that the other team is just playing wrong vs the wings.
actually i am surprised that Joel Quenneville is running into the same trap like anaheim did. didnt they watch the wings before?
a offensive playing team will not beat the wings with babcocks brickwall tactics. they may win 2-3 games but thats it.
i still hear the whining when anaheim was leading 3-2 in games. but on the ice you could see it was only hiller kept them in the series.
now chicago has crappy crawfort. this team is no danger at all. not because they are better its just because babcock plays real ugly but result orientated hockey. is it watchable? no. does it have success? yes.
you can stop every rush when your brickwall is just thick enough.
as long chicago is not changing their game they will not win this series at all.
they may win today or get another win what i highly doubt but the wings will win this series unless chicago is changing their style. but i dont think they have enough time to adopt a new style nor have they the player to do so. but you never know. maybe quenneville can do something.

You are saying that playoffs hockey is result orientated/defensive hockey? That's nothing New. Even the Wings of 2002 despite all their great offensive players and despite Bowman had to play defensive-minded hockey.
It has been like that for many years now.
It will be interesting to see what wins, Pens' offense or Bruins/Rangers' defence.

Rangers:

Torts scratched Richars in game 4:amazed::amazed::amazed:
Tortorella ruuuuuuuullllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeesssss
In the press Conference he said:
"you can kiss my ass" :laugh::laugh::laugh:

fimoknete

Jun 4, 2006
Roesrath, Germany
You are saying that playoffs hockey is result orientated/defensive hockey? That's nothing New. Even the Wings of 2002 despite all their great offensive players and despite Bowman had to play defensive-minded hockey.
It has been like that for many years now.
It will be interesting to see what wins, Pens' offense or Bruins/Rangers' defence.

well, you can currently watch this matchup with a offensive team and a defensive team in our series. wings will win 4-1 in games. same would happen in boston vs pens i guess. but you never know.

there is still a difference between defensive hockey and babckocks 5vs5 penalty killing hockey. he has no choice with this roster but nevertheless a bit more entertainment would be appreciated. you can skip the first 45 minutes of every red wings game this season and you dont miss much other the ugly hockey chess. but again. the results are on the table.

probertrules24

Jul 10, 2007
Canada
Here's an entertainingg little article that was written after game one:

Blackhawks-Red Wings rivalry fades - Red Wings don't belong in the same rink as the Hawks

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-05-16/sports/ct-spt-0517-dan-mcneil-blackhawks-chicago-20130517_1_detroit-goaltender-jimmy-howard-justin-abdelkader-red-wings

That article is awesome. Every sentence and paragraph is full of fail. Talk about a homer. If the Wings win this I can't wait to fill his inbox with let's try this again messages.

fimoknete

Jun 4, 2006
Roesrath, Germany
maybe they really dont want to let the coyotes go to the north. they rather own them until the end. but be brutal for the fans that you dont know wether or not the team will stay. needs a solution.

Oct 18, 2006
pittsburgh will seal the deal today i guess. leading 4-1 already. did ottawa give up or pittsburgh just that good?
Pens up 6-2. Ugly series for Ottawa.

Really hope Boston beat these guys. The Pens offense is ridiculous though but the Bruins physicality should make things a little more difficult.

kuick

Tatar Sauce
Aug 15, 2009
Grand Rapids
Hopefully Maloney knows that a long-term extension with the Coyotes won't necessarily be in Glendale. I haven't been following that saga very closely lately, but I can't see them staying there much longer unfortunately. New ownership might want a different direction.

kuick

Tatar Sauce
Aug 15, 2009
Grand Rapids
SJ has had our number in the past, but Quick is way too scary of a goalie to go up against in the playoffs. Rather see Niemi.

IF we end up making it that is. I'm just enjoying the ride and hoping for the best.

irishock

Fire Ken Holland
Jan 15, 2012
Vancouver, BC
To be fair, a puck over the glass is hard to argue against.

Yeah, and have you seen the amount of borderline hooking calls they always seem to get in their favor? Most protected team in the league behind Pittsburgh and Chicago period. Bettman is clearly trying to cash in on the heavy Latino-American demographic in lower California. The league won't favour teams like us, NY, Toronto, etc. because we'll always blow the revenue roof off.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
LA to the conference finals, IMO they'll make mincemeat out of whoever wins tomorrow. A LAK-PIT SCF would be the worst possible scenario for me since I don't want to see a repeat and I ****ing hate the Pens.
So go Bruins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad