Around the NHL 2012-2013 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

fimoknete

Jun 4, 2006
Roesrath, Germany
so that mean we would play LA. i am looking forward to this series. i wanna see how we are doing vs quick. usually we put some pucks in their net. but the last 2 seasons they are damn good in the playoffs.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 1 min
Lundqvist comments after season "changed everything," according to a source

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 1 min
Confirming reports already out there, John Tortorella dismissed as head coach of NYR.

bababooeyII

May 28, 2013
are they implying that Lundquist would not re-sign if Tortorella was back? I bet the media is sad about this:)

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
That was out of left field... At least Guy Boucher will have a new home. Coaching New York won't be as difficult an adjustment since the team is built around his style... Not to mention he'll have an actual goaltender in net.

kuick

Tatar Sauce
Aug 15, 2009
Grand Rapids
Anyone thinks Torts will be Nill's first coaching hire?

That would be interesting to say the least.

Personality wise, that seems like the polar opposite of the rest of that Stars organization.

Hockey wise, it really could be a good fit. That Dallas roster could excel in a Torts hockey system.

It'll be interesting to see what type of coach Nill is looking for at this point. Grizzled veteran like Torts/Ruff? Inexperienced guy like Dallas Eakins could work out well.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I'm just hoping Tippet signs with someone in the west. That guy always gets more out of his teams than he should, and I hate playing against that boring system of his.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Not good, have to think he has someone from Detroit lined up for that position.

I doubt he'd poach one of the higher ups in Detroit (Martin, McDonnell) considering Kenny just said they will be Nill's "replacements", I assume Fischer is key in that replacement as well.
Given those comments poaching a top guy would be a blind side stab in the back and I just can't see Nill doing that.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I doubt he'd poach one of the higher ups in Detroit (Martin, McDonnell) considering Kenny just said they will be Nill's "replacements", I assume Fischer is key in that replacement as well.
Given those comments poaching a top guy would be a blind side stab in the back and I just can't see Nill doing that.

As long as he doesn't talk Hakan into crossing the pond I won't be upset. If he somehow got Andersson, the word Nill would be like a couple other four letter words for me, despite everything he has done for the Wings, that would be unforgivable.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
As long as he doesn't talk Hakan into crossing the pond I won't be upset. If he somehow got Andersson, the word Nill would be like a couple other four letter words for me, despite everything he has done for the Wings, that would be unforgivable.

:rant: He'd be dead to me if that happened.

I don't think it will though, I'm fairly confident that Kenny would have offered Hakan the job if he was open to crossing the pond for an assistant GM position. The fact that he isn't in Detroit makes me think he wants to stay in Europe.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Hawks pull out another come from behind win. They looked pretty good in what I saw. I still think LA will win the series though.

bullocks

Jun 26, 2007
Toronto
I think we would have been able to take LA. We always play them tough. Tho losing Filppula woulda hurt. LA is a little over rated due to what they did last year havn't looked that great in these playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad