Around the League 2017-18 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
I hate how they keep talking about how Vegas is breaking all these expansion team records - they had by far the easiest expansion draft ever with rules that heavily favoured them - opposed to how all previous expansion teams were basically f***ed over. It's still impressive no doubt, but they've have had such an easy expansion experience.

Also laughing my ass off at Arizona, so many people saying they were going to be contenders, Chyaka is a potential GM of the year because of the off-season moves then you look at them on the ice. Such an overrated team :laugh:

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Arizona needs to bring in some veterans. I have no idea what Chyaka is thinking feeding that kid lineup to the wolves every single year. They're getting worse and worse. I feel an Edmonton type disaster in the making there

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Yeah, Chyaka has done some great moves on paper and ever since he took charge people have been eager to give him the GM of the year award. Like AngelDuck said, they need veterans especially forwards or they are facing the Oilers situation from few years ago. That was only saved by bringing in a more competent GM and winning the McDavid lottery so good luck with that.

Reactions: AngelDuck

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
I confess that I was one of the people, who thought that the Coyotes were going to be good this year. I thought Chayka made solid moves (and I applauded him for making them), but for some reason that team just keeps finding new ways to lose.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
I love watching Vegas play. So many hardworking players out there. Neal and Perron look terrific together, and Colin Miller has an absolute cannon from the point. I have no idea how their goaltending has thrived so far, but it's impressive.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Watching Edmonton and toronto panic and turn on their teams is pretty fun. Bring those people back to Earth.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Watching Edmonton and toronto panic and turn on their teams is pretty fun. Bring those people back to Earth.
I think Edmonton will turn it around, but they need more out of Talbot. Their D just isn't good without him playing like superman to cover it. Also, I think the Yotes can already kiss the playoffs goodbye. They'd have to go like 22 or 23 games over .500 the rest of the way to make it, and I don't think that have that in them. Not that I expected them to make it, but I didn't expect to confirm that so soon.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I love watching Vegas play. So many hardworking players out there. Neal and Perron look terrific together, and Colin Miller has an absolute cannon from the point. I have no idea how their goaltending has thrived so far, but it's impressive.

I attribute that a lot to coaching. I was so bummed that Gallant didn't become available until after the season started after we hired RC. Would definitely have been my 1st choice.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
I couldn't have ever imagined that Vegas would have a start like this. I "knew" that they were better than people gave them credit for, and that they would be a team that would give 100% every night. Good top-6 wingers, hardworking bottom-6 forwards, good goaltending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad