Around the League 2017-18 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekm01

Sep 24, 2014
Has anyone been following the Wild's injury situation? They're running out of healthy forwards and cant call anyone up due to lack of cap space

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Has anyone been following the Wild's injury situation? They're running out of healthy forwards and cant call anyone up due to lack of cap space

That's awesome. I hate Minnesota. Overrated players, overrated coach. f*** them.

Reactions: mightyquack

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
That's awesome. I hate Minnesota. Overrated players, overrated coach. **** them.
Pretty much my thoughts on it too :laugh:. Minnesota fans are some of the most arrogant, loud mouths on here considering their franchises crowning achievement in nearly 18 years is getting swept by us in the Conference Finals.

Reactions: Paul4587

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Yeah, pretty funny watching them meltdown after all of the hubris last spring.

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
Fleury is out with a concussion. Somehow those of us watching knew after he took a knee to his head but his team left him in that whole game. Vegas needs better concussion spotters, cause you could clearly see something was off with him.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Tkachuk is a little **** stain but he's really in Doughty's head every time they play now. We need someone that can generate that kind of rivalry with him

I just love that he always plays on the edge. Perry used to be that way. When I think of how people used to refer to our game as "Ducks hockey", that's exactly what I think of. This is why I am pro enforcer, but there's no room in this game, especially on my team, for a nice enforcer. I have hope that Jones can develop this type of attitude.

Reactions: AngelDuck

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Kings look like a different team this year. You have to wonder if the players really just quit on Sutter completely. Brown looks like the guy he was 5 years ago.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Matthews is a lot closer to McDavid than people think, watching Matthews is a treat he is so dominate and he is great defensively as well. Him and Nylander together is insane!

Teemu Salami

Empty Ketchup Bottle
May 9, 2013
Orange County, CA
Oilers GDT "Maroon needs to gtfo off this top line and stay on the 4th for a few games where he belongs "

Fun change from making fun of the Ducks paying him while he puts up more points because of McDavid.

Last edited:

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Matthews is a lot closer to McDavid than people think, watching Matthews is a treat he is so dominate and he is great defensively as well. Him and Nylander together is insane!

You sound like the delusional TSN guys and majority of Leafs fans on these boards. Matthews is a damn good player, already among the best in the league but he's not even close to McDavid, he hasn't even surpassed the likes of Stamkos, Seguin and Backstrom let alone be in competition for the top guy in the league.

McDavid outscored the guy by 32 points last year. That's significant. And yeah Matthews was a rookie but McDavid is only 6 months older.

A great comparison for Matthews isn't McDavid but Eichel. But because Eichel plays in Buffalo and not Toronto he is never mentioned in the same breath as Matthews.

Last edited:
Reactions: AngelDuck

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Matthews is the most physically ready teenager I've seen step into the league in a long time. It's pretty impressive. He had a man's body by the time he turned 19 (215+ pounds). I think him being so mature physically kind of gives him an advantage early on in his career so it'll be interesting to see if he develops more and more or if he's close to what he's going to be. Eichel and McDavid will clearly get better as they get bigger and stronger IMO

Matthews and Eichel are the same height and Eichel is a year older but Matthews has 20 pounds on him. He has an inch and 26 pounds on McDavid. The kid is a freak strength wise.

Mallard

Apr 19, 2017
Canada
Maybe the playoff series with the Ducks broke the Oilers?

Love what I am reading about Maroon from Oilers fans now. How ironic.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
You sound like the delusional TSN guys and majority of Leafs fans on these boards. Matthews is a damn good player, already among the best in the league but he's not even close to McDavid, he hasn't even surpassed the likes of Stamkos, Seguin and Backstrom let alone be in competition for the top guy in the league.

McDavid outscored the guy by 32 points last year. That's significant. And yeah Matthews was a rookie but McDavid is only 6 months older.

A great comparison for Matthews isn't McDavid but Eichel. But because Eichel plays in Buffalo and not Toronto he is never mentioned in the same breath as Matthews.

I agree. This is just one of those overreactions to a hot start that we see every season. It probably helps that Edmonton is struggling, and McDavid hasn't been all that impressive(for him). The numbers are going to normalize for Matthews and the Leafs, and McDavid is going to find his stride again.

I actually think Matthews' rookie season is being a tad exaggerated, because he benefited from starting his career on one of the best offensive teams in the league. That isn't to say that it wasn't a very impressive rookie season, or that he isn't a stud talent, but a lot is being made of his rookie season vs. his peers and less so of the situation he stepped into vs. his peers. This isn't a Sidney Crosby stepping onto a terrible Pittsburgh team and putting up 44 points more than the next player. He put up 40 goals, but was one of a number of 60 point players on that team.

He's damn good, but he has a ways to go before he starts justifying the hype he's been getting.

Reactions: Paul4587

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I’m not sure if it’s sad or hilarious that some Toronto fans are adamant they will continue to score 4+ goals a game.

I mean, come on guys, it’s great that everything is going in right now, but we aren’t even 10 games into the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad