Around the League 2017-18 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Kings actually look really good this year, a lot more exciting to watch than in previous years also.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Samuelis Broadcom is bidding 130 billion for Qualcom. That would be the biggest tech acquisition ever. Not accepted yet though

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Samuelis Broadcom is bidding 130 billion for Qualcom. That would be the biggest tech acquisition ever. Not accepted yet though

If the purchase goes through, I hope we celebrate by somehow signing Tavares.

No idea how that would work out financially, BTW. Just spitballin' that's all.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010

I thought he sold Broadcom to some Asian company a couple of years ago. He still is the CTO.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
If the purchase goes through, I hope we celebrate by somehow signing Tavares.

No idea how that would work out financially, BTW. Just spitballin' that's all.

The Ducks free up money by Cogliano & Bieksa being free agents.
Even with that I think they'd for sure have to trade Vatanen for a return of just prospects & picks to avoid taking on any new salary.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
If he manages to stay healthy on a regular basis.
Honestly I don't think it matters. I think he can average 45 games per season the next 2 years and if he produces like he has some GM will give him that money. He'll be 26 years old and worth the gamble for some team who has gotten terrible goaltending.

I could be wrong here but I think he's a UFA when his current deal is up

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Honestly I don't think it matters. I think he can average 45 games per season the next 2 years and if he produces like he has some GM will give him that money. He'll be 26 years old and worth the gamble for some team who has gotten terrible goaltending.

I could be wrong here but I think he's a UFA when his current deal is up

Well, I agree that if he plays all year at the same level as he has started, he will definitely move into the upper echelon of goalies. I certainly hope he does, but only time will tell. It would be a good problem to have.

On a related note, as much as we all want great goaltending, I just don't think any team benefits from pay goalies a huge amount of money. That never seems to work out well.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Is anyone watching this Sens/Avs game....the person that sung the national anthem was basically naked....

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
None of the American fear of nudity in the Nordics. In fact, I sit with most of my family in a hot room stark naked on a weekly basis and have seen most extended family that way as well. Ain't no thang.

Lupul1990

Aug 30, 2006
I wonder if the Ducks are going to play in Sweden sometime in the next couple seasons, given how many Swedes we have on the roster.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
None of the American fear of nudity in the Nordics. In fact, I sit with most of my family in a hot room stark naked on a weekly basis and have seen most extended family that way as well. Ain't no thang.
That's weird

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad