Around the League 2017-18 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Oilers are pretty bad, I can't imagine how bad they would be without McDavid.
Chiarelli completely purged their winger depth. Without McDavid they're still the laughing stock of the league that they were a few years ago

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
It's great that they have wasted McDavid's ELC years and next year will have to be paying him a ridiculously high AAV - that's probably not going to help them get more winger and defensive depth.

Reactions: Paul4587

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Getting drafted by Vegas has done well for Karlsson and Haula, both have gotten more time and a chance to prove themselves, and both have showed up.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
I still wish we would have him. At LV he seems to be a natural fit and plays well.

I think it was always a matter of space available.

We didn't have room - he was battling for a spot with Rakell with Getzlaf and Kesler clearly ahead.

CBJ didn't have room for him with Johansen at first, then Foligno and Wennberg.

Karlsson's taking this opportunity and running with it. It seems like it was a choice between Rakell and Karlsson, and I don't necessarily have a problem with picking Rakell over him. But Karlsson shouldn't have gone for Wisniewski.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Absolutely not. But there's a sizeable thread for that. That's definite goalie interference.
The same way it was definite goalie interference when we scored against the oilers in the playoffs? I see it as Raanta had enough time to get into position to make a save.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad