Around the League 2017-18 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
Andersen looks pretty good but that Toronto defense doesn't like forechecking.
EDIT: Their power play is strong as expected, though.

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
Too high? Why even wear a visor if you're not going to have it down and protect your eyes? Anyways, isn't old man Komarov old enough to not have to wear a visor?

Correct, he doesn't need to wear a visor. But this is how he rolls:
275px-Leo_Komarov%2C_Finland-Russia_IHWC_2012_Semifinal_crop.jpg

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Hopefully Philly pours it on. We need to keep our divisional guys close in the beginning here.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Maroon put his knee through Smith's head well after the whistle, Kassian being Kassian, Lucic being Lucic, the announcers overlooking everything they're doing and gushing about McJesus. Meh.
I enjoyed that when we did/do it. Hopefully the referees punish them as harshly and for as long as they have us.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I enjoyed that when we did/do it. Hopefully the referees punish them as harshly and for as long as they have us.
Oh, I do too. On both counts. They just have zero grounds for complaining about all the abuse McDavid is going to take with the large amount of meathead on their team.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Oh, I do too. On both counts. They just have zero grounds for complaining about all the abuse McDavid is going to take with the large amount of meathead on their team.
Right, the hypocrisy is incredibly rich with them. Loser mentality for the lot of them all.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Can't believe the Jets who have had shite goaltending for years thought Steve Mason would be the solution to their woes. He handed the Leafs easy goals all night.

Also McDavid still has an absolute muffin but scores 3 goals because he's so damn good at everything else. He looks even faster this year. He's the most explosive skater the league has had since Bure.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Can't believe the Jets who have had ****e goaltending for years thought Steve Mason would be the solution to their woes. He handed the Leafs easy goals all night.

Also McDavid still has an absolute muffin but scores 3 goals because he's so damn good at everything else. He looks even faster this year. He's the most explosive skater the league has had since Bure.

The same can be said about Calgary and Mike Smith. The last legitimate #1 goalie Calgary has had is Miikka Kiprusoff, and his last good season was 11-12. Let that sink in.

What's more baffling about Winnipeg though is the fact that they EXTENDED Paul Maurice, who has only had mediocre success at best. Their GM isn't the best in the business either, but his good drafting and his shrewd FA negotiations will definitely buy him some time.

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
I don't really get why so many people hate PoMo. Winnipeg isn't getting anywhere with their disastrous goalie situation and I've never particularly understood any excitement over their D-core either. They're a really good offensive team, but that's as far as they go. That's not the coach's fault, really, if anything he has kept them going despite continuous setbacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad