Around the League 2017-18 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
I don't really get why so many people hate PoMo. Winnipeg isn't getting anywhere with their disastrous goalie situation and I've never particularly understood any excitement over their D-core either. They're a really good offensive team, but that's as far as they go. That's not the coach's fault, really, if anything he has kept them going despite continuous setbacks.

Yeah, I don't know why their defense is supposed to be special. Trouba is nice but Myers and Buff are both overrated. Buff was probably on ice or in penalty box during most of Ducks' goals when they faced each other in playeoffs few years ago. Maybe they would be willing to trade Laine for Vatanen :naughty:

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
Maroon put his knee through Smith's head well after the whistle, Kassian being Kassian, Lucic being Lucic, the announcers overlooking everything they're doing and gushing about McJesus. Meh.
But you see, they're like Nashville, it's not that they want to play that way, it's their opponents forcing them to play that way. I genuinely sympathize.

The Noot

scaldin ur d00dz
Apr 12, 2012
Zurich
As a Swiss guy I'm just happy that Hischier is playing in the Eastern Conference, so I don't have to hate him.

Such a beauty.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
So Brendan Smith is having a catastrophic game and I can't help but smile a whole lot.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I haven't seen this game, but Shattenkirk looked rough defensively in that first game against Colorado. Also something that wasn't supposed to happen. The dude is damn good on the PP, but he is not good in his own end.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
In the Nashville game, Arvidsson tried to cut Crosby off from going after Ekholm and he bounced off him. :laugh:

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Obviously two games is no sample size. But I thought it was bit funny to find out that the Panthers, who took a step back from analytics this offseason and became a laughing stock for the moves they made, are leading the league in corsi. Both games they've played Tampa, who many think will make the Stanley Cup finals, winning once and losing once in two even games. Not thinking it's gonna stick, but it'd be hillarious if it did.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Tkachuk is a little shit stain but he's really in Doughty's head every time they play now. We need someone that can generate that kind of rivalry with him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->