Prospect Info: #8OA, Marco Kasper

Status
Not open for further replies.

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
Wild to me that anyone would still think this.

We haven’t made the playoffs for 6 seasons. We have drafted top 10 in the last 7 drafts.

You make moves to improve your team when they are available and when your team starts showing progress. DeBrincat trade might not be there in a year. Kane level player signing might not be there in a year.

We started getting competitive at exactly the reasonable time to do so.
Yes you make moves when your team makes progress .... where's the progress ??? What ... 80% of the roster wont be there in a few years?? The progress is made when edvinsson ,kasper, mazur etc.. starts making the jump and we see the team becoming one of the top teams in the league. That's when we make the moves

Most of these guys will be gone real soon and will have no part of the future.

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
But why isn't Edvinsson playing yet?
But Yzerman rushed the rebuild!
But why haven't we made the playoffs yet?
But we need more high draft picks!

Yeah, I don't understand this board either. If it were up to the fans, every regime would appear bipolar and never get anything done. Which is ironic, considering how much criticism was levied at Holland's latter years, for him riding the fence instead of either going all in to load up or all in to blow it up.

Yzerman has made some choices I would have done differently. But that's t7rue for everybody, and I'm very pleased with the overall direction of the rebuild.
I like the overall direction of the rebuild. I like our prospect pool but I think we're missing a younger high end offensive prospect

I think we needed one more high end pick. Like I previously said most of the roster will be gone in a few years and replaced . That's when well know where were at

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Yes you make moves when your team makes progress .... where's the progress ??? What ... 80% of the roster wont be there in a few years?? The progress is made when edvinsson ,kasper, mazur etc.. starts making the jump and we see the team becoming one of the top teams in the league. That's when we make the moves

Progress like when you draft a defenseman who wins the Calder and draft a forward like Raymond who is one of the best producers from his draft class.

And dude, we literally are competing right now… why would you question it now?

It’s not like we’re Ottawa and tried to be competitive and are way down there.

raymond23

:o
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI

You don’t see progress?

Open your eyes dude

wow

schuelma24

Jul 14, 2023
Having Raymond/Seider/Rass/Veleno and to a lesser extent Larkin and Cat getting experience in a real honest to goodness playoff hunt where every game matters is a hell of a lot more progress than whatever is going on in Ottawa and Buffalo. But hey - they might get a slightly better draft pick that helps them in 4 years.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
There was no way the Wings were going to ever get a top-5 pick this year, even if they didn't sign DeBrincat.

There comes a point in a rebuild where it takes on a life of its own and all you can do is guide it, manage your assets to the best of your ability, and see where it takes you.

This roster has reached the point where you let the final fruits of the bad years ripen, trade assets appropriately, and hope your roster is good enough to win a cup or two while the window is open.

With the various ages of our core and the assets available, this team could have a 12 year window to win some cups.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
last year is where the Wings really messed up

there's no excuse for not at least ending up with Michkov with how low he went, it wouldn't have even needed lottery luck and having a player of that caliber would change the long-term outlook of this team a lot

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
Progress like when you draft a defenseman who wins the Calder and draft a forward like Raymond who is one of the best producers from his draft class.

And dude, we literally are competing right now… why would you question it now?

It’s not like we’re Ottawa and tried to be competitive and are way down there.
Yes we currently have 2 young top guys and for whatever reason were ahead of ottawa THIS season but they clearly have a far superior younger core than the wings

It's all good were competing this season but like I said most of these guys will be gone soon so I'm not getting overly excited with this current team

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007

there's no excuse for not at least ending up with Michkov with how low he went, it wouldn't have even needed lottery luck and having a player of that caliber would change the long-term outlook of this team a lot
Yeah, but there is a very real chance Michkov may not come to the NHL for 5+ years.

Reactions: JohanFranzenstein

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Yes we currently have 2 young top guys and for whatever reason were ahead of ottawa THIS season but they clearly have a far superior younger core than the wings

It's all good were competing this season but like I said most of these guys will be gone soon so I'm not getting overly excited with this current team
Sens guys are all up, we still have a ton waiting and potentially being impact players.

Reactions: Ed Ned and Leddy

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
You don’t see progress?

Open your eyes dude

wow
Dude , were clearly better than last season,no doubt . Most of these players wont be here soon so why would I be excited that were competing for a playoff spot

ill be excited when they're playing like this and edvinsson kasper berggren etc
.. are a part of this

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023

ya I would have 100% traded a few spots for michkov ,cant imagine that Russian dman wouldnt have been there for Arizona

Could have waited a few years for michkov so that wasn't a concern for me

Sens guys are all up, we still have a ton waiting and potentially being impact players.
I'm counting on it , sens have a bunch of impactful guys and right at this moment ... they need to surround them better and get a more than capable coach

Stutzle tkachuk Sanderson pinto Norris is an impressive core

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
ya I would have 100% traded a few spots for michkov ,cant imagine that Russian dman wouldnt have been there for Arizona

I'm counting on it , sens have a bunch of impactful guys and right at this moment ... they need to surround them better and get a more than capable coach

Nearly 8 mil for Josh Norris isn't looking so great right now. 26 pts this season.

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada

This is not "progress". This outcome would be the end of a very successful rebuild, which most teams are unable to accomplish. You do not understand the definition of "progress" if you think this season isn't progress.

RedHawkDown

Aug 26, 2011
Canada

You seem to be taken with the big names in Ottawa.

Tkachuk is fantastic, I won't argue that. Stutzle is a very good offensive player but is horrible defensively. And for all his offense, he has 5 more points than Raymond in 3 less games, not a massive difference.

Sanderson, Pinto and Norris are ridiculously overrated on these boards.

RedHawkDown

Aug 26, 2011
Canada
There's also a very real chance Danielson ends up the more valuable NHLer.

This.
I don't think there's really any chance this happens, unless you think Danielson will be better than prime Bergeron. I think Danielson will be Bergeron lite, putting up 60-70 pts with great but not HOF-worthy defensive play.

Michkov is the best Russian prospect since Ovechkin... he is all but guaranteed to put up 100+ points in the NHL when he eventually comes over. He is better than Kucherov was at the same age, and by a lot, too. The only way Danielson is a more valuable NHLer is if he puts up 80-90 pt seasons while playing Selke-level defense, which would place him as a rich man's Bergeron and a HOF-er. I think that is exceedingly unlikely.

Neither of these players have played in the NHL yet so it's all potential and guesses...but you'd be hard pressed to find a player with more astronomical potential than Michkov. He should have gone 2nd overall last year.

Reactions: letsgowings9999

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
Nearly 8 mil for Josh Norris isn't looking so great right now. 26 pts this season.
True . He came off a 35 goal season when he got that contract and had a serious injury since. He could come back next season with another big season

Hopefully for our sake it doesn't work out for the sens

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
I don't think there's really any chance this happens, unless you think Danielson will be better than prime Bergeron. I think Danielson will be Bergeron lite, putting up 60-70 pts with great but not HOF-worthy defensive play.

Michkov is the best Russian prospect since Ovechkin... he is all but guaranteed to put up 100+ points in the NHL when he eventually comes over. He is better than Kucherov was at the same age, and by a lot, too. The only way Danielson is a more valuable NHLer is if he puts up 80-90 pt seasons while playing Selke-level defense, which would place him as a rich man's Bergeron and a HOF-er. I think that is exceedingly unlikely.

Neither of these players have played in the NHL yet so it's all potential and guesses...but you'd be hard pressed to find a player with more astronomical potential than Michkov. He should have gone 2nd overall last year.
The list of skilled Russians who were supposed to be and then weren't is quite long. It's not like Michkov doesn't have bust potential we heard the exact same things about Zherdev and Yakupov and they fell flat on their faces. I'm not saying hrs going to bust I just don't think he's a Bedard type lock.

Reactions: jkutswings

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
This is not "progress". This outcome would be the end of a very successful rebuild, which most teams are unable to accomplish. You do not understand the definition of "progress" if you think this season isn't progress.
End of the very successful rebuild??? They are the rebuild lmao they all bust and this team will go no where for a very long time

Most of the players on our team will be gone within a few years

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
You seem to be taken with the big names in Ottawa.

Tkachuk is fantastic, I won't argue that. Stutzle is a very good offensive player but is horrible defensively. And for all his offense, he has 5 more points than Raymond in 3 less games, not a massive difference.

Sanderson, Pinto and Norris are ridiculously overrated on these boards.
5 more pts than raymond THIS season
.. wont argue between the 2 I love raymond and pushed for him to be taken at 4

Seems your underrating Sanderson ,its ok you'll see how good he is eventually. Sens currently have a better younger core than the wings and need to surround them better

Obviously more hopeful with the likes of pelikka edvinsson kasper danielson mazur etc to come

But they've yet to arrive and even then theyll have to perform once they get here

AlwaysSunnyInDetroit

Oct 1, 2021
"and then Brady Cleveland won the second of his 12 consecutive Norris Trophies"
YES!!!! my man @ricky0034 knows what's up, although 12 is obviously a bit conservative. i'm banking on somewhere in the neighborhood of 20-30, which will look great in his trophy case along with all the harts, conn smythes, olympic golds, nobels, oscars and mr olympia trophies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad