Prospect Info: #8OA, Marco Kasper

Status
Not open for further replies.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Austria has never been considered a hockey hotbed, but there have been some good prospects out of the country. Following in the footsteps of Thomas Vanek and Marco Rossi is the latest Austrian prospect, Marco Kasper. He played for his country in the World Juniors this year, appearing in two games before the tournament was cut short and postponed due to COVID. He also played in the World Championships, picking up two assists in seven games so far.

Reactions: BSHH

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
too much of a safe pick IMO, Wings need to keep making high upside swings if they're ever gonna be good and this isn't that

Reactions: Cyborg Yzerberg

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
Gross. That's my reaction. Gross.

A center that doesn't score very much. Doesn't have a great shot. Blechhhh. With Savoie still there -- we'll look back on that one in about 5 years and say "whaduhfuh Stevie, whaduh actual fuh."

Or maybe I'll be wrong. I wasn't thrilled about Seider and I was wrong about that.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
I'm fine with this pick. Excited. Honestly, I'd have been fine with anyone Yzerman picked. Lotta trust, lotta rope for me.

I like Kasper's game, he'll be easy to root for. High floor, with a high ceiling if you agree with Yzerman that he has untapped offensive talent.

Last edited:

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Let’s go baby!!!

Happy with the pick!

He’s going to be a real gamer for this team for many years to come. Those who base their opinions solely off stats, you will be pleasantly surprised with Kasper once he makes the big leagues.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Guys a warrior. The ideal guy to center the second line which is gonna have more skilled wingers that may need a guy to carry the defensive load. He fits the bill Yzerman likes. Most physical player in the draft. Underrated skill. Not my first guy but I like it, similar to my reaction to Edvinsson last year.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Mo needs someone to Deutsche with...

1657240145202.png

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
I think we will regret passing on Savoie.

Safe pick with Kasper, I don't love it, but I'll give it time. Best case scenario is a 2nd liner.

Teams like Buffalo draft players like Savoie, GMs like Yzerman draft players like Kasper. You can always become a Buffalo fan and enjoy your yearly choice of flashy draft picks, and considering you'll be rebuilding indefinitely like they always are, you'll get the excitement over and over again every single year with a top pick.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Teams like Buffalo draft players like Savoie, GMs like Yzerman draft players like Kasper. You can always become a Buffalo fan and enjoy your yearly choice of flashy draft picks, and considering you'll be rebuilding indefinitely like they always are, you'll get the excitement over and over again every single year with a top pick.
Thanks for the advice,

Go Sabres Go!

Kasper is a "boring" pick. It's safe. From the video I watched, he looks good, but did not wow me at all. I'm sure the NHL Teams have more accessibility to highlights and film, but from my digging around on Youtube, Kasper didn't really wow me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino