Prospect Info: #8OA, Marco Kasper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Didn't watch him play this weekend but I have this season.

Can we hit the brakes again, 5 points in a weekend is awesome and hopefully he keeps it up but it's also 25% of his point total in the whole season so far made up in two games against the same team in one weekend. 50% of his goal total.

Everyone's quick to try and be vindicated for supporting him. Hot weekend is awesome, lets hopefully watch it roll in to a week, then two, then a month, etc. before we pile on the HOF'er comparisons.

Reactions: David D and Crunchy

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007

Can we hit the brakes again, 5 points in a weekend is awesome and hopefully he keeps it up but it's also 25% of his point total in the whole season so far made up in two games against the same team in one weekend. 50% of his goal total.

Everyone's quick to try and be vindicated for supporting him. Hot weekend is awesome, lets hopefully watch it roll in to a week, then two, then a month, etc. before we pile on the HOF'er comparisons.
There will be no brakes. This capitalism-loving non-regulated freight train is going to steamroll right into the HOF, leaving behind nothing but wreckage and severed limbs of Kasper adversaries!

In the last month Kasper has 4 goals and 7 assists in 10 games. What now? What!? Say something!!

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl

If Kasper isn't hitting the brakes, then neither shall we!

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020

Bro, people spent weeks shitting on the kid because he was cold after starting the season with next to no camp.
We can cheer him on when he's hot and playing to the potential Detroit drafted him for. Relax.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
I said Touche' HOF it is. From all the post seems to be Zetterberg 2.0. No doubter perennial 50 plus point player. What else do you want?

I said pump the breaks cause he's getting compared to some extremely good players. When I mentioned Carter Mazure scoring a bunch in his thread, I didn't come up with HOF comparisons/projections for him. Just pointed out he's doing well currently. Granted, sure he wasn't drafted top 10 either so HOF type projections for Mazuer are a bit more wild but still.

It's not really about narrative or wrong/right. Why in the world would I be mad if Kaspers good or Super good even and actually is Zetterberg 2.0, him being good is only going to help entertain... ME! It's not a bad thing for me.

Last edited:

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
I mean it's not like I'm this guy for crying out loud.

14a.jpg

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
He only has value if he becomes player of the week two weeks in a row.

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
Yeah he still needs work, but for this week he was the best there was in the AHL. You have to admit his status is trending upwards at least

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I said Touche' HOF it is. From all the post seems to be Zetterberg 2.0. No doubter perennial 50 plus point player. What else do you want?

I said pump the breaks cause he's getting compared to some extremely good players. When I mentioned Carter Mazure scoring a bunch in his thread, I didn't come up with HOF comparisons/projections for him. Just pointed out he's doing well currently. Granted, sure he wasn't drafted top 10 either so HOF type projections for Mazuer are a bit more wild but still.

It's not really about narrative or wrong/right. Why in the world would I be mad if Kaspers good or Super good even and actually is Zetterberg 2.0, him being good is only going to help entertain... ME! It's not a bad thing for me.
1 point basically first third of the season, solid in second third of the season and game coming around after missing camp, last third of the season point per game and getting accolades from the league. After the season he had last year, hesmuch more deserving of hype than break pumping.

Someone saying they saw shades of Zetterberg the way he protected the puck doesnt mean ayone thinks hes going to be Zetterberg, that should be obvious

Austrianwing

Apr 29, 2021
Cleveland is only half the bust that Danielson is, and Danielson is only a third of the bust that Kasper is.

It's busts all the way down.
So, if Kasper is a perfectly average bust, Cleveland will be one sixth of a bust. What proportion of bust do superstar players have? What is the ratio between an NHL/AHL tweener and a generational NHL talent? Help me out here, without having ratios, all non-busts are infinitely better players than busts, but that ends up ill-defined since all non-busts should be perfect, but some still seem to be better than others :eek3:

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
So, if Kasper is a perfectly average bust, Cleveland will be one sixth of a bust. What proportion of bust do superstar players have? What is the ratio between an NHL/AHL tweener and a generational NHL talent? Help me out here, without having ratios, all non-busts are infinitely better players than busts, but that ends up ill-defined since all non-busts should be perfect, but some still seem to be better than others :eek3:
Superstar players are 0% busts.

Alexandre Daigle is 100% bust.

Marco Kasper is 70% bust.

Go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad