• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Kane is a semi-professor boxer, trains all the time in the offseason. Come on now, he was aiming right for the solar plexus which you're trained to do to destroy somebody (one of the weak spots on a human being bruv).
lol this is good stuff, SEPH

Reactions: capazzo

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
Years of squandered assets, horrible development strategy, and zero results at the NHL level.

The PLD trade was the culmination of years of bad management.
The PLD trade seemed like a kneejerk reaction to the expected decline of Kopitar. Kopitar seems to just keep rolling along though. If he had fallen off a cliff, performance-wise, would Kings fans view the trade differently? I mean, it still wouldn't look good, but maybe more of a forgivable risk?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Two cups in a recent decade tho. Most teams would kill for one. You guys have done alright.

Absolutely. We are lucky for that.

But everything that’s happened since DL left…

Blake inherited one of the best possible situations and pissed it all away. A championship infrastructure, assets worth returns in trade, carte Blanche for at least 5 years, and AEGs bottomless checkbook, and while it looked like we were on the right track with some solid drafting, those played are now playing prominent roles on teams around the league while we are capped out, out of assets, getting older, getting worse, using a rotating carousel of journeyman goalies, playing an eye bleeding system with personnel ill suited to it…and yet he still has a job. Edit: And don’t forget we are paying phaneuf, and more to not play for us as we buried his mistake in cal Petersen

Now he’s got his dream matchup, a third chance against the oilers, with a fully healthy time and his prize acquisition. So you can see why we are less than impressed with the results and most of this stuff we saw coming and criticized for years.

The PLD trade seemed like a kneejerk reaction to the expected decline of Kopitar. Kopitar seems to just keep rolling along though. If he had fallen off a cliff, performance-wise, would Kings fans view the trade differently? I mean, it still wouldn't look good, but maybe more of a forgivable risk?

Not in the slightest because he’s had 7 years and multiple lottery picks to address the C position and not one of those MANY picks has gotten an extended look there. It’s a self inflicted wound.

Reactions: TheNumber4

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Two cups in a recent decade tho. Most teams would kill for one. You guys have done alright.
Success leads to expectations. So does having the best player in the world. The Oilers are on their 5th coach in 5 years because missing the playoffs or losing in Round 1 just isn't acceptable when you have McDavid and Draisaitl in their primes. The last time that the Oilers had the best player in the world, they won multiple Cups. It doesn't matter that it was over 30 years ago. Similarly, it doesn't matter that the Kings won 10 years ago. What matters is that they haven't won a series since. Both organizations have high expectations.

Reactions: SettlementRichie10

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
The Kings would have been winners if they managed to sign Laine instead of PLD. The good Laine though, not the Laine broken by the Jets and CBJ.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012

No, never at the cost of Vilardi+.

I’ve been a Kings fan for 40 years, and I’ve never seen a player more instantly hated than PLD.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012

Of course, but Blake and Robitaille had nothing to do with putting together those teams.

They’ve had six years to recapture the magic, and have failed miserably, not only failing to advance past the first round, but mismanaging their best assets along the way, and leaving the team in abject cap hell.

It’s time for a new direction.

Navx94

Jan 17, 2019
Not a single LA fan has been chirping or boastful in this thread or even on our own forum. You are making this up.

Any chirps against the Oilers are coming from other fanbases. Kings fans couldn’t care less about this series. We’re way more worried about Rob Blake and Luc Robitaille being fired in the offseason.

The Oilers have been, are, and will continue to do be the far superior team to anyone with a working brain. Learn how to punch up.

Can literally go to a single page of game 2 and read multiple “f**k you Edmonton go suck a d**k won’t be easy now let’s go kings” type posts but hey I logged into all those accounts and sent those messages myself right? Learn how to chirp when the games tied don’t play victim after the better team wins.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Can literally go to a single page of game 2 and read multiple “f**k you Edmonton go suck a d**k won’t be easy now let’s go kings” type posts but hey I logged into all those accounts and sent those messages myself right? Learn how to chirp when the games tied don’t play victim after the better team wins.

You may want to sit down for this

I know it will be a shock with all your charisma and charm

But some people just don’t like the oilers and they aren’t Kings fans

Reactions: Fripp

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012

Those posts are from different fanbases, genius.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
btw Kings aren't out of this imo. Previous years have shown both these teams bounce back from losses.
I wish this was true but its not . Kings have won 4 or 5 games against Edm by 1 goal or in OT . They barely won as where Oilers completely destroy us when they win . I along with many Kings fans believe this is over in 5.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Outside looking in, it seemed like an immediate downgrade. Villardi (when healthy) and Iafallo are players.

GMs get stupid wanting what they think Dubois should be.

I don’t blame CBJ and Winnipeg. But by the time Blake wanted him it was clear he was smoke and mirrors. Blake just straight up didn’t perform his due diligence, and traded away an absolute gamer in Vilardi.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Outside looking in, it seemed like an immediate downgrade. Villardi (when healthy) and Iafallo are players.

GMs get stupid wanting what they think Dubois should be.

Vilardi will always carry the injury risk, and showed again he can't make it past 65 games. But he still proved more valuable than PLD. Iafallo is no great loss, he had his worse year as a pro, and was blocking a spot for one of the younger guys. It's a trade that never should've been made, and just reeks of an agent selling his good buddies [Luc/Blake] on a guy that isn't that good. The only winner is Brisson and the fat commission he got.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
7 playoff games won since 2014.

This management group wanted Phanuef before buying him out when the world knew he was cooked AND Gaborik was looking at potentially career ending back surgery and going on LTIR.

They brought in Kovalchuk on a 3 year deal despite being out of the league for years and being incompatible with the roster and style of play. Then after creating a shit storm they kept him away from the team, practicing separately and staying home on roadies until reaching a contract termination.

They prematurely paid Cal Peterson $5 mil per year then balked at transitioning him to a starter because Quick wouldn't play ball, ruining his confidence. Then they dealt Quick.

They started the rebuild two years too late and came out of it two years too early, then instead of grooming the high draft pucks to move into the positions they were drafted to fill, they brought in a new batch of veterans to fill the slots and cap space they just cleared out. Offensive were forced to play in the bottom six in grinding roles - which they have failed at and the team suffered due to a lack of quality role players.

They traded the best player they ever drafted in Faber for a 2nd tier scoring winger whose style prevents him from playing with other top players.

Then the Dubois debacle and for some reason they gave a 37 year old Kopitar a two year extension risking a potential 35 year old contract hole for no reason whatsoever. Both of whom are represented by Pat Brisson, Robitaille's close pal since juniors - who has gotten fat on the percentages of Kings players for years now

There is no success to point to, nothing but bad decisions, wasted picks and money, buyout after buyout with zero progress. It's a front office fraternity of former players in charge, not a management group.

That help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad