Prospect Info: #8OA, Marco Kasper

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
The list of skilled Russians who were supposed to be and then weren't is quite long. It's not like Michkov doesn't have bust potential we heard the exact same things about Zherdev and Yakupov and they fell flat on their faces. I'm not saying hrs going to bust I just don't think he's a Bedard type lock.
I agree. But you're acting like Danielson is already in the NHL and Michkov is the only one with bust potential. I'd say Danielson has higher bust potential than Michkov, who is currently one of the best players in a men's league.

We also did not hear anywhere near the same things about Zherdev and Yakupov. These players are not even remotely comparable. Michkov is a far, far, far superior prospect. It seems weirdly reductive to just write him off as a "Russian"...he's his own guy. The list of Canadians who were supposed to be and then weren't is also quite long. I don't see how the past is at all relevant when evaluating any individual player.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
End of the very successful rebuild??? They are the rebuild lmao they all bust and this team will go no where for a very long time

Most of the players on our team will be gone within a few years
Players I expect to be here more than another 2-3 years:

Larkin
Raymond
Debrincat
Compher
Seider
Rasmussen
Veleno

Roster players that may be here in a few years:

Walman
Chiarot
Lyon

Encouraging prospects I expect to make the roster in the next 2-3 years:

Edvinsson
Berggren
Kasper
Mazur
Wallinder
Soderblom
Johansson
Danielson

Encouraging prospects that may make the roster in the next few years:

Cossa
Lombardi
ASP
Buchelnikov

So where exactly is the problem? They have some good young players, some good prospects on the way, and have shown they're willing to supplement the home grown guys with free agents (and overall have a good track record with the UFAs they've signed).

If anything, I like what the next wave of kids are shaping up to be more than several of the current vets. So in the long run the team should get BETTER, not worse.

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023

Larkin
Raymond
Debrincat
Compher
Seider
Rasmussen
Veleno

Walman
Chiarot
Lyon

Edvinsson
Berggren
Kasper
Mazur
Wallinder
Soderblom
Johansson
Danielson

Cossa
Lombardi
ASP
Buchelnikov

So where exactly is the problem? They have some good young players, some good prospects on the way, and have shown they're willing to supplement the home grown guys with free agents (and overall have a good track record with the UFAs they've signed).

If anything, I like what the next wave of kids are shaping up to be more than several of the current vets. So in the long run the team should get BETTER, not worse.
Agree with you except I see veleno being gone as well from that list. 6 guys out of what 22-23 players ? That's a big overhaul

Walman will depend on his salary demands and that will probably be his one career big contract and we'll have edvinsson so I predict he'll test free agency

And yes we have a ton of encouraging prospects and I never once said our future would be worse off.

Just said as fun as it is watching this team this season almost everyone will be gone within a few years and replaced so until the new blood is here and performing like we all hope they will I'm not getting worked up over the season that's ongoing and say the rebuild is over

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
End of the very successful rebuild??? They are the rebuild lmao they all bust and this team will go no where for a very long time

Most of the players on our team will be gone within a few years

5 more pts than raymond THIS season
.. wont argue between the 2 I love raymond and pushed for him to be taken at 4

Seems your underrating Sanderson ,its ok you'll see how good he is eventually. Sens currently have a better younger core than the wings and need to surround them better

Obviously more hopeful with the likes of pelikka edvinsson kasper danielson mazur etc to come

But they've yet to arrive and even then theyll have to perform once they get here

So all of OTTs slumping players will be elite? All of Detroit's prospects will bust?

Why are you even on the DRWs board when you are clearly an Ottawa blow hard?

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
I agree. But you're acting like Danielson is already in the NHL and Michkov is the only one with bust potential. I'd say Danielson has higher bust potential than Michkov, who is currently one of the best players in a men's league.

We also did not hear anywhere near the same things about Zherdev and Yakupov. These players are not even remotely comparable. Michkov is a far, far, far superior prospect. It seems weirdly reductive to just write him off as a "Russian"...he's his own guy. The list of Canadians who were supposed to be and then weren't is also quite long. I don't see how the past is at all relevant when evaluating any individual player.

Yakupov was annoyingly overrated by everyone during his pre-draft. Where were you?

Michikov is more likely to become the Yakupov than the next Ovechkin. He might not ever play a game in the NHL.

Danielsson is the safe pick. He could come into the DRWs lineup and center the 3rd line tomorrow and look better than Copp. No question about it!

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Jonatan Berggren is our Lord and Savior,
May 11, 2023
I want Kasper to make it so they can make all sorts of Keating stuff about him haunting our opponents and I can read the story about Kasper the friendly ghost where he's got a really productive stretch. And maybe even a little bit for the silly jokes when he falls off for a couple games and people complain about him vanishing.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Yakupov was annoyingly overrated by everyone during his pre-draft. Where were you?

Michikov is more likely to become the Yakupov than the next Ovechkin. He might not ever play a game in the NHL.

Danielsson is the safe pick. He could come into the DRWs lineup and center the 3rd line tomorrow and look better than Copp. No question about it!
I could not disagree more. If you genuinely think this, we just fundamentally disagree on this player and it’s not worth continuing.

Anyways, thread is about Kasper. Hope he leans into his aggressive style of play as much as possible. We need a player that won’t take shit.

Reactions: letsgowings9999

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
So all of OTTs slumping players will be elite? All of Detroit's prospects will bust?

Why are you even on the DRWs board when you are clearly an Ottawa blow hard?
yes all of the sens players will be elite. Your a very touchy fella , god forbid someone says another team has good players huh

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
I had the pleasure of watching Griffins play back in November. Kasper had alarming little icetime and wasn't noticeable. I hoped/figured it was either adjusting to the AHL or still rusty from injury, or both. But coach played him sparingly. Sidenote, Edvinsson looked otherworldly in that game and Berggren looked legit.

I'm glad Kasper is proving to be a fine pick @ 8th overall.

Murmansk16A

Apr 29, 2022
When Kasper was on his hot streak I think he had Mazur and Berggren for his linemates. The last few games he's had Gettinger instead of Berggren. I hope he gets Berggren back on his line.

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016

Larkin
Raymond
Debrincat
Compher
Seider
Rasmussen
Veleno

Walman
Chiarot
Lyon

Edvinsson
Berggren
Kasper
Mazur
Wallinder
Soderblom
Johansson
Danielson

Cossa
Lombardi
ASP
Buchelnikov

You missed pellikka and Augustine. I'd also remove veleno and chiarot

JohanFranzenstein

Dec 6, 2013
ya I would have 100% traded a few spots for michkov ,cant imagine that Russian dman wouldnt have been there for Arizona

Could have waited a few years for michkov so that wasn't a concern for me

I'm counting on it , sens have a bunch of impactful guys and right at this moment ... they need to surround them better and get a more than capable coach

Stutzle tkachuk Sanderson pinto Norris is an impressive core
I felt you made some good points before this, but I fail to see how drafting a kid who won't come to the league until probably 2028 would've helped us in the next few years. There's a real possibility Danielson cracks the roster next year, and ASP the year after.

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
I felt you made some good points before this, but I fail to see how drafting a kid who won't come to the league until probably 2028 would've helped us in the next few years. There's a real possibility Danielson cracks the roster next year, and ASP the year after.
His khl contract is till 25-26 I think we could have afforded to wait those years. Doubt danielson makes the team next season so would have been just 1 year longer

We still could have drafted pelikka , doubt cost to move up 2 spots would have been that pick

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
How about he was drafted before the wings picked?

well yeah obviously

the point is there's no excuse for the Wings to have been picking 9th in a draft that strong

people here complain about not getting lottery luck all the time but that was the Wings opportunity to get some franchise talent without even needing any right there, screwing that up by deciding that that offseason of all offseasons was the offseason you just HAD to bring in like 10 free agents is just poor GMing

• Haha
Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad