HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I'm impressed at how effective the Kings are at stopping McJesus. Only 1 goal in 3 games damn that's something :sarcasm:

Almost everything in life is hindsight. Talented people do not use this as an excuse for failure.
💯 % but it's fun to reflect. Talented people look forward to the next win. I hate it when someone uses something from my past to make a point.

Reactions: windycity

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
💯 % but it's fun to reflect. Talented people look forward to the next win. I hate it when someone uses something from my past to make a point.
I agree but at one point the past must be used in the aggregate to evaluate how someone perform. Evaluation of performance at work will always use hindsight. As long as it's not anecdotal but an aggregate of failures then it's the only way to do it.

Reactions: Tyson

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Winning the lottery and getting Celebrini is exactly the kind of luck we need. And deserve, goddamit!! :D

That said, not holding my breath
Honestly just staying at 5 for the second year in a row would be good luck. Basically how I see it:

7th - awful
6th - sucks but not the end of the world
5th - good
2nd - amazing
1st - zzzzz [passed out from excitement]

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Too bad we didn’t have Sergachev on our side when we played Tampa for the cup…

Also, I think Sergachev should’ve just skipped this. If he hurts that leg today…
I think he needs it for his mental being. He has to go into the off season knowing he is good to go.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Danault would've been a great 3C, but by the the time the Habs' window opens Danault's prime will be closing. He didn't fit our timeline, but he's given LA his money's worth – a very good 50-point shutdown center at $5.5M is fair.
Most teams couldn't afford a 3C at 5.5 until this year. Maybe when the cap goes up it'll be one of those "wow that's incredible depth they have, Danault as the 3C is a luxury" things but Danault as the 2C, with a career high 50-odd points, is rather drab for a Cup Contender.

At no point since he left did the Habs miss him. Both Weber and Price were gone in the first tank season (21-22), retaining Danault would simply have gotten in the way of the rebuild and the tank. The guy had 4pts in 22gp in our Finals run, that's just not good enough given the TOI he had.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Nylander probably back in the lineup tonight. That yeast infection must have cleared up by now.
The headline on TSN.ca said "Bruins plan to make things uncomfortable for well-rested Nylander." Willy will likely play with his head on a swivel tonight and will try to avoid any and all contact, even more than he usually does.

It'll be interesting to see how much impact he'll really have for the Leafs tonight and remember Willy to keep your head up and keep a look out for rats on the ice cause they'll be coming for ya. :)

Reactions: LV426

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad