Speculation: 2022-2023 General Lightning Discussion III: The school bus is actually a garbage truck edition

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Cirelli is at 0.5ppg too. Should he be closer to 0.6 or 0.65ppg? Maybe, but that seems fine now for the defensive side he brings.
I'm ok with paying 6.25 for the probably the best 3C in the game, so long as we can keep using him in a shutdown role come playoff time.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
I'm ok with paying 6.25 for the probably the best 3C in the game, so long as we can keep using him in a shutdown role come playoff time.
I agree, but having that scoring at 0.5ppg cut is great. But some people want more, which makes me Pikachu face.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
GPT Story Time
prompt: write a story about how thunderbug is better than stinger (CBJ mascot). write it in the style of hemingway.
Thunderbug was better than Stinger. The fans knew it. The players knew it. Even Stinger knew it deep down in his insectoid heart. Thunderbug was just different. He had a way of moving that was more fluid, more graceful, more lightning-like. Stinger, on the other hand, was clunky, his movements awkward and uncoordinated.

The night of the big game, Thunderbug was out there on the ice, moving with a ferocity that the fans had never seen before. His antennae were twitching with excitement, his wings buzzing with anticipation. Stinger tried to keep up, but he just couldn't.

The crowd roared as Thunderbug scored goal after goal, his lightning bolt-shaped stick flashing in the rink's fluorescent lights. Stinger tried to make a few plays of his own, but his shots were weak, his passes sloppy. It was clear to everyone that Thunderbug was the superior mascot.

After the game, as the crowd filtered out of the arena, Thunderbug skated over to Stinger, who was sitting dejectedly on the bench. Thunderbug extended a wing in a gesture of friendship. Stinger looked at it for a moment, then tentatively took it. They flew off into the night sky together, two mascots in perfect harmony.

Reactions: Hoek

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL

I remember when I saw the first commercial of this ad campaign back in 2016, and it dropped my damn jaw when it was someone who I knew from Raw Charge GDT's in the very early 2010s. The guy is from Brazil (lives in Canada now), e ele é a razão que eu tenho querido aprender português (the reason I've wanted to learn Portuguese).

Jeez, to watch that video just reminds me how frickin' difficult it is to understand the spoken language.

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
FF932EE0-02E0-4B0C-8211-B78CD36DC12A.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad