Prospect Info: 2016 Marlies and Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
At one point people were saying Finn could be a #2/3 ... ... it's how prospects go.
Loov could be a #3/4 ... and still might be that.
Too soon to say obviously, but he looks strong out there in his first game.
That's always better than looking lost.

Raise the percentages on him having an NHL career of some kind a few points.

Stringer Bell

Dec 16, 2009
So much for even needing the Orlando Solar Bears this year. Did we have any prospects on NHL contracts play any games down there besides Ryan Rupert for a few who is now gone? Getting rid of all of those contracts in the Grabner trade changed a lot.

Feel bad for Brady Vail. If anyone deserves a call to the Marlies it is probably him.

OvenMittz*

Good for Loov. And I agree some were comments were over the top, but still cant start claiming already who was right and wrong.

Not claiming anything.

He gets the call up and scores a point. Pretty different story coming from those saying he's lucky to even be on the marlies... And watta'ya know. Gets the call up and a point to show for it ;)

mikebel111*

Not claiming anything.

He gets the call up and scores a point. Pretty different story coming from those saying he's lucky to even be on the marlies... And watta'ya know. Gets the call up and a point to show for it ;)

Fair enough

Even though I think he hasnt been good with the Marlies, maybe he is one of those who is better in the NHL. Wait and see.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
The hoffren guy tweeted again saying he learned Nylander is sick and that is why he wasn't very engaged.

Bonehead tweet to begin with though. Guy isn't trying 100% the one time you watch him so.you throw em under the bus.

Must be remnants of the Gulf of Bothnia fishing wars.

mikebel111*

If the Ice Caps(9th place team) would continue at their current pace, the Marlies may just need about 3 more points to clinch a playoff spot

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Injured. Lower body. No ETA.

I know that they listed him as a lower body injury, but watching that game, it looks like he had his bell rung pretty good.

The shift after that he scored and then I don't think he played another shift.

I think he's dealing with a concussion. You could see him on the bench after taking the hit in the corner from the Oilers defenceman, he looked like he was trying to shake the cobwebs out.

samwitch

Feb 27, 2008
I know that they listed him as a lower body injury, but watching that game, it looks like he had his bell rung pretty good.

I think he's dealing with a concussion. You could see him on the bench after taking the hit in the corner from the Oilers defenceman, he looked like he was trying to shake the cobwebs out.
If I remember correctly, Kassian clipped him in the head right before his goal. Pretty cheap. Hope he's back soon.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013

This is what I thought. Nobody seemed to notice in the GDT. He immediately went to the bench after that collision.

TheJet11

Nov 8, 2013
It's great to see guys coming in and filling holes. I'm ok with losing every game, provided our youngsters are developing and learning from mistakes (Rielly, yesterday...).

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I am taking my boys and father to the Marlies game tonight. Should be a fun time.

TheJet11

Nov 8, 2013
Is anyone else secretly hoping that London falls flat in the OHL playoffs and departs early?

I'd love to see Marner get some time with the Marlies for their playoff run!

The Knights finish the regular season mid March, and the Marlies wrap up their regular season mid-April. As much as I'd love to see Marner dominate in the OHL playoffs and shoot for a Memorial Cup, I'd be even more excited to see him playing with the Marlies in the calder Cup playoffs. If he dominates there too, we'd have even more reason to push him towards the big club beginning 2016-2017!

OvenMittz*

Sheltered. He was only really tested in one situation, a 2-on-1, and came through with shining colors. So it's hard to get a read on him from that one game.

Aldo forgot to add he got a point in his 1st NHL game ;).

But Yea very sheltered minutes. When he was on the ice it was with Marincin but he played a solid game.

I don't think he's had enough time to practice with Babcock which is probably why he only went out in certain situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00