Prospect Info: 2016 Marlies and Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
So much for even needing the Orlando Solar Bears this year. Did we have any prospects on NHL contracts play any games down there besides Ryan Rupert for a few who is now gone? Getting rid of all of those contracts in the Grabner trade changed a lot.

Feel bad for Brady Vail. If anyone deserves a call to the Marlies it is probably him.

ECHL was also an insurance policy that wouldn't be utilized much outside of being a Marlies development/rehab tool and a place to get some goaltending depth some work.

We're still at 48 contracts so some of those guys had to go.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Good for Loov. And I agree some were comments were over the top, but still cant start claiming already who was right and wrong.

Well .... I thonk he is right. Loov is very good. Silent quiet, solid defenseman. I think some posters that hadn't watched a Marlies game rattled off their B.S about Loov without knowing how good he has been.

The kid is happy and confident for a reason. He is playing good hockey all season.

mikebel111*

Well .... I thonk he is right. Loov is very good. Silent quiet, solid defenseman. I think some posters that hadn't watched a Marlies game rattled off their B.S about Loov without knowing how good he has been.

The kid is happy and confident for a reason. He is playing good hockey all season.

I disagree. I think Loov's game has dropped off by a good margin this season.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
I disagree. I think Loov's game has dropped off by a good margin this season.

In what sense?

I think it's all opinion based with those type of players because they aren't supposed to put up numbers and just be steady defencemen.

He's a +12 rating and he still skates really well, boxes out very well and is probably the best hitter on the team.

I would agree that he wasn't as explosive as his first year, but almost every developing player goes through the sophomore slump.

I really like his game and think he'll do well.

mikebel111*

In what sense?

I think it's all opinion based with those type of players because they aren't supposed to put up numbers and just be steady defencemen.

He's a +12 rating and he still skates really well, boxes out very well and is probably the best hitter on the team.

I would agree that he wasn't as explosive as his first year, but almost every developing player goes through the sophomore slump.

I like his game too when he is on. Just not this season. Way too many times, he makes bad passes which turn into turnovers though fairness to Loov, the entire D core can be a trainwreck at times. Aside from Brennan, he is probably the worst at executing a breakout pass. Aside from those, he is pretty effective though.
I am not judging him on production. His game isnt about offense so I could care less about his production.
Plus minus is also a bit misleading considering he is on a great scoring team. Your right its likely a sophmore slump.

In terms of the entire D core, Valiev, Campbell, Holl are the only ones I actually trust though.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
Is anyone else secretly hoping that London falls flat in the OHL playoffs and departs early?

I'd love to see Marner get some time with the Marlies for their playoff run!

The Knights finish the regular season mid March, and the Marlies wrap up their regular season mid-April. As much as I'd love to see Marner dominate in the OHL playoffs and shoot for a Memorial Cup, I'd be even more excited to see him playing with the Marlies in the calder Cup playoffs. If he dominates there too, we'd have even more reason to push him towards the big club beginning 2016-2017!

But we all know the anti-Leafs would start *****ing that they lost because Marner didn't perform well enough. Meh to them.

Well, if London doesn't make a Memorial Cup run an early exit & him joining the Marlies would be my preference. Then he could potentially get 20-25 ish games in the AHL if Marlies advance to the Calder. Bonus.

London is on Sportsnet tonight for CHL game against Barrie & Marlies are on Leafs TV against WBS.

Rielly Good

May 13, 2009
London, ON
Is anyone else secretly hoping that London falls flat in the OHL playoffs and departs early?

I'd love to see Marner get some time with the Marlies for their playoff run!

The Knights finish the regular season mid March, and the Marlies wrap up their regular season mid-April. As much as I'd love to see Marner dominate in the OHL playoffs and shoot for a Memorial Cup, I'd be even more excited to see him playing with the Marlies in the calder Cup playoffs. If he dominates there too, we'd have even more reason to push him towards the big club beginning 2016-2017!

I've been talking about this with my buddy alot. I love the knights but it would be nice to see him play some pro hockey

mikebel111*

But we all know the anti-Leafs would start *****ing that they lost because Marner didn't perform well enough. Meh to them.

Well, if London doesn't make a Memorial Cup run an early exit & him joining the Marlies would be my preference. Then he could potentially get 20-25 ish games in the AHL if Marlies advance to the Calder. Bonus.

London is on Sportsnet tonight for CHL game against Barrie & Marlies are on Leafs TV against WBS.

As long as Marner has a great playoffs, than I am fine with the Knights losing early.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
In what sense?

You realize that +12 puts him 5th among Marlies defenseman and by a decent margin too.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
Marlies facing the 2nd place Penguins tonight. Should be a good game. It's a good test for the Marlies forwards vs Murray/Jarry.

mikebel111*

Kapanen Nylander Hyman
Leipsic Findlay Brown
Frattin Schwartz Morin
Lindberg Gauthier Soshnikov

Campbell Valiev
Brennan Holl
Percy Kolomatis

Bibeau

mikebel111*

Marlies facing the 2nd place Penguins tonight. Should be a good game. It's a good test for the Marlies forwards vs Murray/Jarry.

Lots of games for me today

Watching woman's Canadian soccer team in the olympic qualifier, Marlies, London game, Raptors

OvenMittz*

In what sense?

I agree Loov has been a good steady
Dman for the marlies. He plays quiet while Percy pinches. He's the stay at home.. He's always generally confident in his own end every time ive watched him play on the marlies.

People jump the gun here to often to call a player a bust. Loov has been pretty solid.

OvenMittz*

Which we know is B.S or Nylander would be on the Leafs. Plus, Valiev definitely deserves it before Loov.

Nah, you ragged on Loov while hopping on zekes wagon while I defended Loov.

He got the call up.. While Zeke believes he shouldn't even qualify for the Marlies line up and you pretty much defended that while I said he was wayyy off and will get his shot with the leafs.. A week later and boom

You guys might like the flashy players but I generally like the quiet Dman who does his job.

He got the call. Played solid, even got a point... And you stayed quiet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad