Prospect Info: 2016 Marlies and Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
The hit:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/leafs-prospect-dermott-ejected-for-brutal-hit/

It wasn't as vicious as I thought when it happened. The other player was just in a very bad position and I don't think he quite had the puck.

I have no idea how he got 5 games though? Doesn't make sense to me.

wtf was that Mississauga player doing? If the CHL is going to go to 5 games for this, maybe it's time for prospects to go to softer leagues overseas. This is ridiculous.

i1

Nov 10, 2011
Newfoundland
That was like, more than a year and a half ago. If he's still all emo about a demotion from back then, then's he's clearly too mentally frail.

I can see it from his side as well; he's outperformed tons of guys in his time year, has arguably been ready since last year, and yet the Leafs keep bringing in similar or lower tier guys to take his place (Marincin, Corrado, Loov was recalled today and he's a year younger). Meanwhile his development is stagnating because he's been facing the same competition level for years. No matter what he does he can't get a shot, I feel for the guy.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
I can see it from his side as well; he's outperformed tons of guys in his time year, has arguably been ready since last year, and yet the Leafs keep bringing in similar or lower tier guys to take his place (Marincin, Corrado, Loov was recalled today and he's a year younger). Meanwhile his development is stagnating because he's been facing the same competition level for years. No matter what he does he can't get a shot, I feel for the guy.

Loov is older.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Excellent.

This will only make Nylander better IMO

I'm with you, I hope he does, Nylander wants to be with the Leafs soon but Babcock is a no-nonsense coach and demands, that his players go full out, even in practices.

I see Nylander becoming a top 6 center and he will have to play Babcock's way, or he will be a long time with the Marlies.

BigWilly

May 6, 2012
Ontario
I'm with you, I hope he does, Nylander wants to be with the Leafs soon but Babcock is a no-nonsense coach and demands, that his players go full out, even in practices.

I see Nylander becoming a top 6 center and he will have to play Babcock's way, or he will be a long time with the Marlies.

Oh, give me a break.

He'll be with the Leafs next season, absolutely no questions asked.

mikebel111*

If Nylander isn't doing enough to make the team, then I fail to see how anyone could possibly ever make it.

I mean a guy who has showed remarkable improvement in his work ethic and is tearing up the AHL at an age which is rare for it to happen.

But no who needs that, he clearly isnt doing enough to be called up:sarcasm:

Saying he wont be called because he doesn't play a certain way is kind of a dumb point.

OvenMittz*

Soo... Loov is getting a call up.

Over any other Dman on the marlies..

Yet some said he is barely good enough to play in the AHL. (Plays 2nd pairing for those who don't inform themselves before hand and think he is a 6th Dman in the AHL) :sarcasm:

Also rumors Percy might get dealt.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
That Dermott hit was clean. Unbelievable that they justify any suspension for that. Brutal.

I guess I'm the only one that doesn't see it as clean.
I don't think its a suspension though.
Boarding call and a bit of a blind side but Tippett turned and exposed himself at the last minute.
I guess since Tippett is out 6 weeks the ohl thought the optics would be bad if they didn't suspend him?

mikebel111*

Soo... Loov is getting a call up.

Over any other Dman on the marlies..

Yet some said he is barely good enough to play in the AHL. (Plays 2nd pairing for those who don't inform themselves before hand and think he is a 6th Dman in the AHL) :sarcasm:

Also rumors Percy might get dealt.

Loov is a top 4 d man in the AHL, but sadly he doesn't play like one. Hopefully he looks better with the Leafs than he did with the Marlies.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
I guess I'm the only one that doesn't see it as clean.
I don't think its a suspension though.
Boarding call and a bit of a blind side but Tippett turned and exposed himself at the last minute.
I guess since Tippett is out 6 weeks the ohl thought the optics would be bad if they didn't suspend him?

Pretty sure he's out with an ankle injury.

Suspension is a joke.

OvenMittz*

Pretty sure he's out with an ankle injury.

Suspension is a joke.

Yup, Dermott should of got the interference since he didn't have the puck.. But it wasn't like he wasn't near the puck either, it wasn't intentional to injure.. The player awkwardly turned to skate backwards next to the boards at the last second when Dermott was trying to stand him up on the blueline.

He hurt his ankle (probably from the poor decision of trying to skate back first at the last second).

Horrible suspension call.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
Loov is a top 4 d man in the AHL, but sadly he doesn't play like one. Hopefully he looks better with the Leafs than he did with the Marlies.

That's what I'm hoping. I don't think he's the most deserving but he may be the most mature.

I'm really pumped to see him with the Leafs and I hope he makes the most of it. I really like the guy but he can be a mess at times.

The Leafs desperately need a competent D with his "skill set", on the team.

mikebel111*

Both are slumping but still its so awesome to have a great prospect pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad