Value of: 1 week has passed since the deadline, how has your new acquisition(s) been?

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I remember just last year when Leaf fans told everyone this guy had potential to be a decent NHL player. We got the same song and dance from the majority of HF about Leaf fans overrating all their players again.

Why are we talking about Greg McKegg again?

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
It's still a conditional 1st that will probably end up being the #58 overall pick in 2019, but it was nice of you to ask.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Leipsic is a very live by the sword die by the sword type of player. His high event hockey can have you screaming at the tv to cheering for the kid, all in the same game! Look at last night, his penalties were garbage, but he followed it up with 3 points and the GWG in OT. He’s an entertaining player at the very least, if he brings the energy every night I’ll be fine with him.

Motte on the other hand has looked like hot garbage. He’s weak, slow and can’t defend well! The problem is the coaching staff has shoe horned him onto the PK unit, watching him constantly turn the puck over at the opposing blue line instead of just dumping it in is infuriating! How many times I’ve seen him try to gain the zone, get stood up near the blue line and throw a useless weak floater at the net that rather goes high and wide and the goalie gives him a side eye wondering if he meant to throw that at his head! Not a player I’d target even in the Waiver wire, he’s just not an everyday player.

Jokinen played a game. So there’s that.

Reactions: Nizdizzle

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Holden has been good in Boston certainly more than capable on the bottom pair and powerplay. 2 assists in 2 games. Nash has been a force for the most part, 3 points in 4 games and wingels brings a ton of energy. 2 points in 2 games

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
No love for McKegg so far?!?!?!? HUUUUUGE pickup for the Canes. :naughty::naughty:

PPG player so far for the Checkers, 3 GPs 3 As

Meanwhile the big league team aint making the playoffs. :ha:

Dipietro39

Jul 15, 2005
Davidson (from EDM) has been the Isles second best guy on D. Very steady. No clue why Oilers traded him for nothing considering their D issues.

Wagner (from ANH), meh, 4th liner bruiser that hasn't really added much.

Clode

Aug 2, 2012
Derry, NH
Rick Nash has been just what David Krejci needed, Wingels has been noticeable in every game hes played adding a nice physical element to the bottom 6 and even Nick Holden has been good when called upon. Very happy with the job Sweeney did.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Brandon Davidson - Surprisingly solid. Looks like he belongs. Nice player for a 3rd pairing

Chris Wagner - Mostly non-existent. Wish Weight would put him at C where he played almost the entirety of this season in Anaheim.
This isn’t true, he played mostly LW next to Vermette/Grant and Shaw/Brown

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Stastny has 5 points in 4 games and his line is on fire.
Laine has 7g and 3a since Stastny arrived and Ehlers has 1g and 3a.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Nash has been awesome. Really just what the doctor ordered, he adds a new element to our top-6.
Holden has come in clutch, has played well, and we need him to with McAvoy out. I see what some were saying about his defensive mishaps, but he creates a lot of offense.
Wingels is just what I expected, and I was really excited about that deal. Can't go wrong with him.
Obviously can't complain about Gionta. He's depth and he's doing a good job being that.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I can't give an honest assessment on Plekanecs because I'm not sure he's even played yet.

kmo429

Jul 22, 2011
This isn’t true, he played mostly LW next to Vermette/Grant and Shaw/Brown

Interesting. Has heard differently from Isles reporters and analysts but I'll take your word for it. Seems like he was playing a lot of center because of his 400 faceoffs taken. Regardless, didn't have high expectations for Wags because a 4th liner isn't going to vastly change your team, but hear rave reviews of him so was hoping to get what Matt Martin brought the Isles for years and it seems like we're not quite getting that yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad