Value of: 1 week has passed since the deadline, how has your new acquisition(s) been?

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I've watched all Kane's games since going to San Jose, he's been great, tonight he had no points but was a beast. If he keeps it up they will try to re-sign him but I wonder if Vancouver outbids them. Vancouver would be dumb to sign him, he's more likely to get in trouble in his hometown and they have a young locker room now and Kane needs veteran stars to keep him in line I think.
I think he’s playing good because of the contract year. I would be very weary of giving him a new contract. I think he’s making what 6 mil? Not worth a raise, that’s for sure.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Leipsic w. 5 pts in 3 games and has been on the Canucks 1st line alongside Horvat and Boeser.

I really see a poor man Version of Marchand in Leipsic.

The rat side of Leipsic that he got a rep for in Junior has totally disappeared. He engages physically along the boards but I haven't seen anything from him that agitates the other team. Just puts his head down and plays. I don't think he's Marchand at all.

I like his effort a lot and he was meshing with Bo and Brock there, looks like a decent roleplayer long term.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Brendan Leipsic low key the best deadline addition. Has been fantastic with a terrible Canucks team so far.

Motte has been a good energy player and good on the PK.

The best deadline additions prove it in the offseason, but Leipsic has been good.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Miller has been great while McDonagh kind of invisible.

Miller fits like a glove on that line with Gourde and Point. Its good for Miller too because those two work their asses off. I can see that it has rubbed off on him as well. Maybe all he needed was a line to wake him up.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
I've watched all Kane's games since going to San Jose, he's been great, tonight he had no points but was a beast. If he keeps it up they will try to re-sign him but I wonder if Vancouver outbids them. Vancouver would be dumb to sign him, he's more likely to get in trouble in his hometown and they have a young locker room now and Kane needs veteran stars to keep him in line I think.
Lol the old bias agenda. You do realize that despite having like 4 regular forwards out with injury the Canucks still aren’t icing the young forwards we have, why in the hell do we need Kane? If the Sharks like him we are happy for you. Have him. We already lack forward roster spots for next year too while the up in the air re-signing of the Sedins is still a thing. So I don’t think you really know what you’re talking about or just gonna push a clear and bias agenda. But have it I guess

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Vanek has been pretty Vanek. 4 games with no impact and then 2 goals in a game they would have lost without him.

So the Jackets have 2 more points than if they didn't trade for him and in this tight race, those 2 points could be everything.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Lol the old bias agenda. You do realize that despite having like 4 regular forwards out with injury the Canucks still aren’t icing the young forwards we have, why in the hell do we need Kane? If the Sharks like him we are happy for you. Have him. We already lack forward roster spots for next year too while the up in the air re-signing of the Sedins is still a thing. So I don’t think you really know what you’re talking about or just gonna push a clear and bias agenda. But have it I guess

lol

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Ryan Hartman has been great. He's played on every lined and has fit in very well on each of them

2 G 2 A in the 6 games he's played with Nashville including the GWG in his first game with the team.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Bruins adds have been awesome, just at the right time too with Bergeron and McAvoy out shortly after

Nash has been our best add, he immediately made the Krejci line a threat and he's the type of player that even when he's not scoring he's impacting the ice in a big way

Wingles has added a lot of energy grit and character to the team, he reminds me of Shawn Thornton. He has a few points and I believe he had a goal in his debut

Holden has been well worth the pick and a prospect who wasn't going anywhere in Boston. He plays very smart and adds to the Bruins already solid transition game

Gionta has been surprisingly good. Had a nice break away goal last night. You can take away a veteran like him's ability to just play the game, add in that he hasn't played anything close to a full season and he has all that gas left for the playoff push

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
What a stupid comment....2nd round really hasn’t been that bad for one, for two, you can always trade the pick, and for 3, even if the habs did suck in the draft, doesn’t mean you can’t be right.

And for the leafs, well they get someone who can and HAS shut down Crosby/ovechkin in the playoffs before.

Odd comment to make to be honest....most likely a troll job

Hamrlik and Spacek shutdown Ovechkin. Hal Gill and Subban shutdown Crosby. Oh and there was this Halak guy too who was unbeatable. That wasn’t on Plekanec.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Bruins adds have been awesome, just at the right time too with Bergeron and McAvoy out shortly after

Nash has been our best add, he immediately made the Krejci line a threat and he's the type of player that even when he's not scoring he's impacting the ice in a big way

Wingles has added a lot of energy grit and character to the team, he reminds me of Shawn Thornton. He has a few points and I believe he had a goal in his debut

Holden has been well worth the pick and a prospect who wasn't going anywhere in Boston. He plays very smart and adds to the Bruins already solid transition game

Gionta has been surprisingly good. Had a nice break away goal last night. You can take away a veteran like him's ability to just play the game, add in that he hasn't played anything close to a full season and he has all that gas left for the playoff push

We told you guys that you'd love Nash.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I think we already won the Stastny trade, which means I hope Foley becomes something super special for St. Louis just like I hope the player they take with our first pick is.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Brassard has been a bit underwelming. I’m hoping he is just still getting accustomed to the new style in Pittsburgh. But he’s been mehhhhh so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad