Value of: 1 week has passed since the deadline, how has your new acquisition(s) been?

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Aberg has looked decent. No goals yet but he’s had some looks and picked up an assist. Once he gets settled here he could be a player.
Pretty much been the book on him in Nashville so don't hold your breath.

Hartman has done well, 1 GWG and 1 assist. Seems to fit naturally with the teams style. He's kind of been all over the line up, but I expect he will settle in nicely on the 3rd next season.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Stastny's great so far, pretty much what we expected
Morrow's not very good, pretty much what we expected - he'll be out of the lineup when Enstrom's back later this week though

Reactions: Afterburner

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Miller has been pretty good. Took a stupid penalty in his first game, but that's not entirely unusual for Tampa Bay players, so whatever.

I need McDonagh to get out on the ice because the TB defense is a tire fire.

Do or Die

Jun 28, 2011
Stastny......perfect fit - smart, skilled, just the thing for Laine and Ehlers.
Morrow....we have better guys in the press box and on the Moose

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Probably been touched upon by fellow Bruins fans, but nothing but good things to say for both Holden and Nash. Both have exceeded what I have expected already.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Looks like Gaborik's might be bought out. We traded Ian Cole. We're a rebuilding team so the best acquisition we got at the trade deadline will come in the draft. Also I like the young goalie we got from the Penguins.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I think Mike Rielly has been solid. Yeah, it's a depth move, but I like his poise and skill set.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Leipsic w. 5 pts in 3 games and has been on the Canucks 1st line alongside Horvat and Boeser.

I really see a poor man Version of Marchand in Leipsic.
I remember just last year when Leaf fans told everyone this guy had potential to be a decent NHL player. We got the same song and dance from the majority of HF about Leaf fans overrating all their players again.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Good topic.

Leaf fans are sparse in this thread. Maybe that should be telling enough.

I had no problem with what TOR gave up to get Plekanec, but bitter that there was no D rental or upgrade.

Babcock played it safe with the C position (absense of Matthews), and put Plekanec in the top 6. The results were terrible. His lack of playmaking skills and slow speed was butt ugly. His faceoff ability was there, but not much else.

Last night Plekanec played on the 4th line and he was much better.

Even still...it's a bit of a wait and see situation.

As the old saying goes: "you only get one opportunity at a first impression". Those of us who wanted a D upgrade are not too impressed so far.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
I remember just last year when Leaf fans told everyone this guy had potential to be a decent NHL player. We got the same song and dance from the majority of HF about Leaf fans overrating all their players again.

I'm not sure what this is? It it a smack in the face intended for Leaf fans, or are you saying that Leipsic really is a decent Nhler?

kmo429

Jul 22, 2011
Brandon Davidson - Surprisingly solid. Looks like he belongs. Nice player for a 3rd pairing

Chris Wagner - Mostly non-existent. Wish Weight would put him at C where he played almost the entirety of this season in Anaheim.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForConnSmythe
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Namestnikov has been our best player on the ice every game since. He basically replaced Grabners speed and stick checking ability to cause turnovers, he reminds me of Bure. Gets his shots off insanely quick unlike other Rangers who pass up scoring opportunities all the time. He’s also very hard on the puck & has grit to his game. Never takes a shift off, polar opposite of JT Miller

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad