Value of: 1 week has passed since the deadline, how has your new acquisition(s) been?

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
One week has officially passed since the deadline.. granted players have played a few games (4/5 games max) and some haven’t played a game at all.. but for those that have played, how has your teams’ new acquisitions looked?

CBJ acquired Vanek and Ian Cole.

Ian Cole has looked tremendous. He has been extremely sound with the puck. Hasn’t made any glaring mistakes aside from two minors.. but that’s nothing new (Pens fans warned me about how many penalties he usually takes). He does an extremely good job clearing the crease too. Him and Savard have had tremendous chemistry/form an extremely formidable pairing. Savard’s game has elevated greatly since they were first paired together. Cole was originally credited with a goal last night but instead it was later credited to Panarin. I really hope Jarmo has the brain to re-sign him this off season.

Vanek.... on the other hand. If I had to rate him on a scale of 1-10, he’s been a solid 1. He has been entirely invisible aside from his horrid defense, lazy backchecking, and go-to slapshot that has produced zilch. I really thought him and Wennberg would find chemistry immediately.. but they haven’t. I’m hoping he starts to play the way he is still capable of playin but I’m not holding my breath..

Had no idea what to put the prefix as so I just put “value of” btw.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Well at least CBJ didn't give up anything of value for Vanek.

Tbh, if Vanek continues to play the exact same way he has for his first three games, I’d much rather have wished Jarmo would’ve kept Motte, even if he was ‘developing’ in the A.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Spooner and Namestnikov has been great for us in NY. Spooner has surprised me the most. Looks like a very good middle 6 player atleast. I already knew Namestnikov would be a great addition, he has alot of potential. Was over ppg in the AHL a couple years ago so there is talent there and he isnt only a product of Stammer and Kucherov. BUT we are tanking so i wouldnt mind them relaxing a little, will make them cheaper in the summer aswell.

I think JT Miller has looked very solid in Tampa which is nice to see. McDonagh is still out with an injury.

Rick Nash beeing himself in Boston. Very involved and contributes all over the ice which we (NYR fans) has said the last 3 seasons. I really want him to tear it up with Boston in the playoffs. He creates so much offensively but has lost the finishing over the last 2-3 years. I think he is up there with the best in the league in terms of goals expected per 60 or something but he struggles to finish it off. If he can get that finishing touch back he is extremely good on both sides of the puck.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
About as you would expect for what we acquired. 0G 0A

About the only interesting thing about them is we can now have an entire 35+ club on the ice at once except the goalie. Not anything Id especially recommend unless the intent is to rack up goals against, but we could do it :help:

Kelly-Vermette-Chimera
Beauchemin-Bieksa

DaJackal

Aug 3, 2015
Eastern front
Stastny has been excellent. Morrow, on the other hand... I don't know if he's an improvement of any kind over the Jets former D corps. But then I again I expected nothing from him. If he can be better than horrible as a #7-8 Dman in case of injuries I have no complaints, it's not like the Jets paid too steeply of him.

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
phaneuf and thompson have been good for the king. preferred to have keumper as back up, but as an asset management move i understand why he was traded.

Reactions: iSophagus

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
Grabner looked good one or two games, has been pretty invisible since. I'd give him a 2/10 or 3/10 since we paid quite a bit for him and he really doesn't seem to have much chemistry with the team. Pretty disappointing so far. Maroon on the other hand has looked very good, 10/10 considering we basically got him for free.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
One week has officially passed since the deadline.. granted players have played a few games (4/5 games max) and some haven’t played a game at all.. but for those that have played, how has your teams’ new acquisitions looked?

CBJ acquired Vanek and Ian Cole.

Ian Cole has looked tremendous. He has been extremely sound with the puck. Hasn’t made any glaring mistakes aside from two minors.. but that’s nothing new (Pens fans warned me about how many penalties he usually takes). He does an extremely good job clearing the crease too. Him and Savard have had tremendous chemistry/form an extremely formidable pairing. Savard’s game has elevated greatly since they were first paired together. Cole was originally credited with a goal last night but instead it was later credited to Panarin. I really hope Jarmo has the brain to re-sign him this off season.

Vanek.... on the other hand. If I had to rate him on a scale of 1-10, he’s been a solid 1. He has been entirely invisible aside from his horrid defense, lazy backchecking, and go-to slapshot that has produced zilch. I really thought him and Wennberg would find chemistry immediately.. but they haven’t. I’m hoping he starts to play the way he is still capable of playin but I’m not holding my breath..

Had no idea what to put the prefix as so I just put “value of” btw.
What about Testtube?

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Grabner looked good one or two games, has been pretty invisible since. I'd give him a 2/10 or 3/10 since we paid quite a bit for him and he really doesn't seem to have much chemistry with the team. Pretty disappointing so far. Maroon on the other hand has looked very good, 10/10 considering we basically got him for free.

Yeah, 6 shots on goal in 5 games isn’t ideal for Grabner.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
What about Testtube?

How in the sweeeet heck did I forget Testy????

He’s saw his minutes decrease recently for some unknown reason. But he scored a goal in his debut at home which gave me ultimate chills. Torts seems to still be ‘figuring him out’. But if the Jackets make the playoffs, I expect him to play a big role in the playoffs for us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad