Value of: 1 week has passed since the deadline, how has your new acquisition(s) been?

Breeze 44

Jan 20, 2007
South Jersey
Well we are 0-4 since the deadline but our great pick-up Oduya (even play) has been well.... absent. Slow and steady wins the race I'm told...:thumbd:

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Jussi Jokinen obviously the steal of the TDL. On a 54 goal pace. Just INSANE

Just Jokin(en)

Heckler81

Oct 14, 2017
Bruins adds have been awesome, just at the right time too with Bergeron and McAvoy out shortly after

Nash has been our best add, he immediately made the Krejci line a threat and he's the type of player that even when he's not scoring he's impacting the ice in a big way

Wingles has added a lot of energy grit and character to the team, he reminds me of Shawn Thornton. He has a few points and I believe he had a goal in his debut

Holden has been well worth the pick and a prospect who wasn't going anywhere in Boston. He plays very smart and adds to the Bruins already solid transition game

Gionta has been surprisingly good. Had a nice break away goal last night. You can take away a veteran like him's ability to just play the game, add in that he hasn't played anything close to a full season and he has all that gas left for the playoff push

LOL where have I heard that before????

"Even when he's not scoring he's impacting the ice in a big way".

Now you know what the Rangers fans have been saying all this time...

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
We're at the end of March now - has anyone's opinion changed on their team's TDL deal(s) after a month?

Doing nothing hasn't looked so good for the Stars, though if they had made a deal and still missed the playoffs, it would feel even worse. So, all in all, Jim Nill gets a big "Meh" from me.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Miller has been a great addition. McDonagh is an upgrade from what we had but he is still finding his way a bit but I think he will settle down and be a great addition to our team.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
CBJ 13-3 since adding Letestu, Cole and Vanek for Jokinen, Motte a 3rd and a 4th. They would not be in the playoff mix without these additions and no matter what happens in the next week Jarmo gets an A+ for giving them a chance to get in.

Reactions: iSophagus

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
Miller has been a great addition. McDonagh is an upgrade from what we had but he is still finding his way a bit but I think he will settle down and be a great addition to our team.

Zero shade. I want you to win the cup for obvious reasons beyond my love for McD, Stralman, etc.

But how in the sweet baby Jesus are you expecting to pay all these dudes. I know McD is next year. Some others. Point is 2 years? But damn. Win quick. Half that team is leaving. Do it this year pls. Even if I don’t see it. Rest Vasi!

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Zero shade. I want you to win the cup for obvious reasons beyond my love for McD, Stralman, etc.

But how in the sweet baby Jesus are you expecting to pay all these dudes. I know McD is next year. Some others. Point is 2 years? But damn. Win quick. Half that team is leaving. Do it this year pls. Even if I don’t see it. Rest Vasi!

Well for your sake you hope we do it this year or next but the rush to get it done isn’t exactly a two year span. Even after our trade with you guys we still have guys like Raddysh, Katchouk, Stephens, Joseph, Cernak and Foote coming up. If we trade guys like Killorn, Johnson, Coburn and say Callahan we have space to sign our guys and then these guys can take their place. Cap should go up. We also have guys like Cirelli and Erne already up. Sergachev is a guy who can take over for McDonagh if we let him walk. A lot can happen in the next few years but it looks like our “window” is open after the two years that we have McDonagh.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018

Assuming long term contracts for Point and Sergachev, large but not absolute worst case deals for Kuch and Vasy, and a rise in the cap commensurate with what we’ve seen over the last few years we can afford to resign Kucherov, Point, Vasilevskiy, and Sergachev without making any trades to free up cap space; in this scenario we would extend Stralman but let McDonagh and Gourde walk. If we want to keep Gourde (which we obviously do) we probably need to move one of Miller/Johnson/Palat; if we want to shore up our defense by bringing in a top four replacement for McD we probably need to move a second forward.

So basically we’re looking at losing a complementary forward or two, but nobody who is truly part of our core. If we bridge one or both of Point and Sergachev, if Kuch or Vasy signs a team-friendly deal, and/or if we can somehow move Killorn then things would obviously be even easier for us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad