Value of: 1 week has passed since the deadline, how has your new acquisition(s) been?

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Interesting. Has heard differently from Isles reporters and analysts but I'll take your word for it. Seems like he was playing a lot of center because of his 400 faceoffs taken. Regardless, didn't have high expectations for Wags because a 4th liner isn't going to vastly change your team, but hear rave reviews of him so was hoping to get what Matt Martin brought the Isles for years and it seems like we're not quite getting that yet.
He played more center in the beginning of the year when we had a ton of injuries but ever since everyone got healthy we have an excess of centers so he was moved to the wing. Played a mix of both the last few seasons (mostly wing IIRC)

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
id rather have just handed Rychel and valiev to montreal than get plekanek at all. Not even an upgrade on Dominic Moore, in saying that it does take some time to get used to a new system so there is still a little bit of hope for me he can become useful

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Chimera and Kelly have been relatively meaningless in terms of impact.

Chimera hits sometimes, and Kelly gets hit sometimes. It all evens out to a big pile of nothing.

Reactions: ayrton2388

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Hoping Plekanec finds his game. Looks lethargic and uninspired.
I'll hold complete judgement until he is given a fair shake....but doesn't look promising.

He's probably still just mourning his goatee.

In all honesty, he can play lethargic all he wants for the rest of the regular season, as long as he isn't costing us games. But he better do something in the playoffs. There had better be truth to the theory that he shuts down the top guys.

Reactions: Szechwan

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Stastny has been excellent, 5 points in 4 GP 62% FO% . Really meshing well with Patrik Laine, He also has really looked good on the PP down low/behind the net. His acquisition will pay even greater dividends if Scheifele misses some time with his current injury.

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
Glad to see Rick is playing well, as all Ranger fans thought he would.

We're very happy with Spooner.

Glad Spooner is in a spot where he isn’t expected to be what he isn’t. Some Bruins fans (and former coaches) always had him in the dog house cause he didn’t wasn’t a perfect two-way darling like Bergeron.

Every player has faults. Utilized in the right role, Spooner is going to be a good player going forward.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Nash has been good for Boston.

Holden has been solid in a limited role.

Wingels looked great in his first game, and overall has been good.

Hell, even Gionta has looked okay.

Overall, Sweeney nailed it.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I am really happy with Vladislav Namestnikov, and Gorton should sign him long term for sure.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Maroon has been quite good. 1 goal and 3 assists in 4 games and has been good in front of the net on the PP

Grabner doesn't have a point yet, but he has had opportunities. Should start to put numbers up soon if he keeps playing this way.

WHISTLERNATE

Nov 14, 2017
I have been very impressed with Brandon Leipsic for the Canucks so far. I can see him being a solid 3rd line energy guy capable of putting up some points. If nothing else, he is an NHL calibre player, and we didn't give up much to get him.

Reactions: bl02

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
We traded spare parts for three useful and productive players, and kept nearly all of our futures. We patched a couple holes. Getting Carter back doesn't suck either.
I'm very pleased.

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
As a Canes fan they have been non existsant. Former GM RF did a great job and making some trades in order to propel us into the playoffs for the first time in 9 years.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Winnipegs 1st Rd pick is nestled comfortably in the ether at the moment. Which is just as well, I don't have the heart to tell it that Doug Armstrong is going to offer it up like a 2nd rate prostitute at the draft.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Ryan Hartman has two game winning goals and 3 points in 5 games. He's played some on every line, some power play, some PK. He's great around the net, which aside from Viktor Arvidsson, we didn't have anyone that played that game, so I'd say he's been a welcome addition.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Dan O'Regan debuts tonight for Buffalo in Ottawa. He'll be the guy going on the injured list tomorrow.

Gaunce4gm

Trusted Hockey Man
Dec 5, 2015
Victoria B.C.
Brendan Leipsic low key the best deadline addition. Has been fantastic with a terrible Canucks team so far.

Motte has been a good energy player and good on the PK.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
I've watched all Kane's games since going to San Jose, he's been great, tonight he had no points but was a beast. If he keeps it up they will try to re-sign him but I wonder if Vancouver outbids them. Vancouver would be dumb to sign him, he's more likely to get in trouble in his hometown and they have a young locker room now and Kane needs veteran stars to keep him in line I think.

Yamazaki

Feb 9, 2018
Valiev 1GP 1A
Rachel 2GP 1G 2A
Vs
Pleks 3GP 0-0-0 & -1
Some grade A Montreal propaganda.

Valiev got hurt, Rychel is in the ahl

Plekanic has sucked so far but the leafs are in a mini slump without Matthews so he gets a pass for now.

BobbyShehan

May 29, 2008
NJ
Can't see anything in Valiev. He'll be in the KHL within the next year. Rychel is talented but he's most likely an AHL career guy. Plex was gonna return a 2nd so I don't care about the adds. Meanwhile, Leafs fans will be happy with him centering a shutdown line, eventually. Reilly sure is an upgrade on Morrow or Schlemko (similar skills) and seems to have the talent to improve a little. Good shot, moves the puck well and skates OK. Seems to play better with a lot of ice time but I can't see him being more than a 3rd pair, PP guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad