Confirmed with Link: Zucker to the Pens for 1st round pick, Gally, and Addison Part Duex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
These days Horny is better with Malkin than Sid but Rusty is parked there. Horny is pretty effective anywhere so the flexibility is good.
Yeah, I just wonder where Horny actually fits, I like him with Blueger but I am not so sure about him and McCann. I want to see that dude producing regularly again.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Yeah, I just wonder where Horny actually fits, I like him with Blueger but I am not so sure about him and McCann. I want to see that dude producing regularly again.

He is. He has 16 points in 21 games since coming back from injury in late December (11 in 20 before the injury).

You’re probably watching ZAR too much to notice

Reactions: Peat

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
He is. He has 16 points in 21 games since coming back from injury in late December (11 in 20 before the injury).

You’re probably watching ZAR too much to notice

Half of those are goals, too.

Horny is a guy that I'll freely admit I was wrong about. I thought the issues he displayed last year with skating/hands were the start of a downward decline to being unplayable at ES. Like Kessel except with actually trying and being good in the locker room.

Instead he has ramped it back up this year and gotten those hands/skating back to "good enough" to where he helps lines get to the offensive zone - where he is elite.

Reactions: vodeni

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

Horny is a guy that I'll freely admit I was wrong about. I thought the issues he displayed last year with skating/hands were the start of a downward decline to being unplayable at ES. Like Kessel except with actually trying and being good in the locker room.

Instead he has ramped it back up this year and gotten those hands/skating back to "good enough" to where he helps lines get to the offensive zone - where he is elite.

I did a breakdown on Horny last season because I thought it was a little overblown on here about his decline. He started great, had a terrible few weeks after the concussions then steadied to be good to end the season. It was mainly those few weeks after concussions that skewed his stats.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017

I really don't like stats to measure a dude like Horny. I know that unless he completely can't skate, he brings it every freakin game. He's someone you ALWAYS want to have in the playoffs

Reactions: TooManyHumans

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I really don't like stats to measure a dude like Horny. I know that unless he completely can't skate, he brings it every freakin game. He's someone you ALWAYS want to have in the playoffs

There will come a point where Horny's lack of skating/high-end skill will be too much for his nose for the net and amazing tenacity to overcome.

But we are WAY further from that point than I thought.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
I'll wait to see the Randy paint version.

kEP1Lgs.jpg

Suprised Count Doom wasn't much of a hit. I blame it on mercury retrograde.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Who cares? Dude was a big ol' dud here.

Just like who gives a crap what Kessel is up to (not much, lol).

Reactions: Hockeygod66

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
You guys do understand that you're basing the Bjugstad hate off of a 10 game sample size in which he was playing hurt, right?

Didn't really see people complaining last year when he was spearheading that shutdown 3rd line and scoring 9 goals in 32 games in a defensive role. 8 at Even strength. For perspective, that's a 20 even-strength goal pace over a full regular season.

But yeah, keep slamming the dude like he's a career fringe NHL'er. He's totally Agozzino level or w/e....
How about giving the guy a chance? He was one of the few forwards in the Islanders series playing like he gave a f***.

Reactions: Stoptheinsanity71

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
You guys do understand that you're basing the Bjugstad hate off of a 10 game sample size in which he was playing hurt, right?

Didn't really see people complaining last year when he was spearheading that shutdown 3rd line and scoring 9 goals in 32 games in a defensive role. 8 at Even strength. For perspective, that's a 20 even-strength goal pace over a full regular season.

But yeah, keep slamming the dude like he's a career fringe NHL'er. He's totally Agozzino level or w/e....
How about giving the guy a chance? He was one of the few forwards in the Islanders series playing like he gave a f*ck.

He was easily our worst forward in the Isles series and was terrible in camp.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
First point was absurd.

Second point he was already hurt in camp. Moving gingerly.

No he wasn’t. You’re thinking Galchenyuk. Bjugstad got hurt in the 2nd game of the year CBJ blow out.

He was outscored, outshot and outscoring chanced significantly in the playoffs. He blew on face offs, didn’t score and gave away the puck more than he had it. Bjugstad was really solid going into the playoffs and then laid a big fat egg and hasn’t changed since.

Last edited:
Reactions: HandshakeLin

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
No he wasn’t. You’re thinking Galchenyuk. Bjugstad got hurt in the 2nd game of the year.
No I am not. He was already off in camp. Moving way worse than last season. But some players workout all summer and don't wanna see all their efforts go to waste, so they push through. Just like Sid did.

As for the Isles series, he had 5 shots in the elimination game 4, with 12:35 of ice time.

Stop pulling biased bs out of your ass. Rewatch the series. You don't remember anything.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
No I am not. He was already off in camp. Moving way worse than last season. But some players workout all summer and don't wanna see all their efforts go to waste, so they push through. Just like Sid did.

As for the Isles series, he had 5 shots in the elimination game 4, with 12:35 of ice time.

Stop pulling biased bs out of your ass. Rewatch the series. You don't remember anything.

Bjugstad was not hurt in camp. And plenty of us around here said he was horrible in the playoffs.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Bjugstad was not hurt in camp. And plenty of us around here said he was horrible in the playoffs.
It's tough to really say.

Reports were that Crosby's injury was in October maybe earlier and he held off his surgery for the team, so given that, there has to be some underlying issues that happen well before that these guys try to play through, far too many "try" to play through things and not really be that forthcoming about their injuries.

Apparently someone here said he had a disc issue in his back too that was all of a sudden flaring up, but given that he had his surgery a week or so after Crosby, there were updates he was supposed to be back Mid January, here we are in the final week of February and this f***ing guy isn't back yet. It's weird and honestly, I just want him back so he can be traded the f*** off this team.

An update on the Penguins injury front

In this one, he started skating around December 27th, in those rotowire things, there are a few that say he's on pace to return early to mid January, but yeah, here we are.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I am going to post the updates...in chronological order.

October 5th.
Nick Bjugstad (undisclosed) left Saturday's game in the third period against the Columbus Blue Jackets with 12:57 to go for medical attention in the locker room.

It's uncertain exactly what happened to Bjugstad, but with a lopsided score on the board in his team's favor, it's unlikely he'll return to the game.
SOURCE: Wes Crosby on Twitter
Oct 5, 2019, 9:15 PM ET
Let's assume this is when "this injury" begins...

Here's when he's rehabbing...
January 8th.
Nick Bjugstad (core muscle) took part in Wednesday's optional practice.

"I think he's getting closer," said coach Mike Sullivan. "I'm reluctant to say time frames - so many things influence those time frames. I will say is we're encouraged by Nick's progress, we're encouraged by all the guys' progress. They're visibly stronger on the ice." Bjugstad has been sidelined with a core muscle injury since Nov. 15. He has one goal in 10 appearances this season.
SOURCE: Pittsburgh Penguins on Twitter
Jan 8, 2020, 5:13 PM ET

January 21st
Nick Bjugstad is making progress from core muscle surgery.

Bjugstad skated back in Pittsburgh on Tuesday along with Justin Schultz, who is also out due to an injury. He hasn't played since Nov. 15, which has surpassed his initial timetable of about eight weeks.
SOURCE: Josh Getzoff on Twitter
Jan 21, 2020, 11:52 AM ET

February 16th
Nick Bjugstad (core muscle surgery) has begun skating again.

Bjugstad has been out of action since November 15 and it was thought at the time, he would remain out for eight weeks, but it has been 12 weeks and he just started skating Saturday. "It’s real encouraging," coach Mike Sullivan said. "We’ll see where it goes, but that certainly indicates significant progress." He has lost his job as a top-six forward as the Penguins have added Jason Zucker to the mix, but he could be a solid third line center once he returns. He has little fantasy value with Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin ahead of him on the depth chart.

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Feb 16, 2020, 9:56 AM ET
Nick Bjugstad - Pittsburgh Penguins - NHL

So his injury starts against the Jackets, he gets hurt again and is put on the IR, he misses about 9 games or so and is in and out I think, then he's finally gone for the injury he's still rehabilitating from right now. So really, he was healthy for the 1st game of the season and that was it. After that, he's basically been hurt like Crosby was before he got his surgery in November as well.

His time line...

Played
October 3 & 5th, was back for the 26th to 29th, then played again November 2nd to 15th and donezo.

His fandom and hopes in him are the more bizarre things, people are literally trying to make this guy, who was on a 36pt pace as a Penguin, into something more than he is. You know you f***ing SUCK when your career average of 39pts his worse than the guy was just traded to the Wild.

Btw, we're in week 12 of his 12 weeks of recovery, homeboy is whack.

Reactions: EightyOne

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
I am going to post the updates...in chronological order.

October 5th.

Let's assume this is when "this injury" begins...

Here's when he's rehabbing...

Nick Bjugstad - Pittsburgh Penguins - NHL

So his injury starts against the Jackets, he gets hurt again and is put on the IR, he misses about 9 games or so and is in and out I think, then he's finally gone for the injury he's still rehabilitating from right now. So really, he was healthy for the 1st game of the season and that was it. After that, he's basically been hurt like Crosby was before he got his surgery in November as well.

His time line...

Played
October 3 & 5th, was back for the 26th to 29th, then played again November 2nd to 15th and donezo.

His fandom and hopes in him are the more bizarre things, people are literally trying to make this guy, who was on a 36pt pace as a Penguin, into something more than he is. You know you f*cking SUCK when your career average of 39pts his worse than the guy was just traded to the Wild.

Btw, we're in week 12 of his 12 weeks of recovery, homeboy is whack.

Are people trying to make him into more than he is, or are people trying to be reasonable and say what he is? He's a 30pt at ES player with average underlying possession stats and about 50%ish at faceoffs, all while playing 15 minutes a night on a bad team. That's a third liner in the NHL, no? He's probably overpaid by a little, sure, and I have doubts as to his fit on this team. I'd still move him right away for those reasons, but not because he's some terrible hockey player.

Reactions: Riikolas Revenge
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce