Confirmed with Link: Zucker to the Pens for 1st round pick, Gally, and Addison Part Duex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
No he wasn’t. You’re thinking Galchenyuk. Bjugstad got hurt in the 2nd game of the year CBJ blow out.

He was outscored, outshot and outscoring chanced significantly in the playoffs. He blew on face offs, didn’t score and gave away the puck more than he had it. Bjugstad was really solid going into the playoffs and then laid a big fat egg and hasn’t changed since.

Bjugstad had a 60.71% shot share in the playoffs. 4th best on the team. Did lose out on the scoring chances, but still had a 50+ xGF%. Outshot and outchanced he wasn't, not by the numbers. Although frankly even if he was that bad, it still doesn't really explain the animus against him as he's spent more time being useful as a Penguin than not. Well. When fit.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
His fandom and hopes in him are the more bizarre things, people are literally trying to make this guy, who was on a 36pt pace as a Penguin, into something more than he is. You know you f*cking SUCK when your career average of 39pts his worse than the guy was just traded to the Wild.

So thinking the guy isn't total rubbish is fandom then? Yeah, I'm fully aware he makes slightly more than he's worth but that doesn't make him Kevin Porter. He's still defensively conscious and drives possession, keeping the puck 200 feet away from his goalies throughout his career. 60% d-zone starts this year so far. Good luck getting lofty point totals that way, especially when you're hurt.

He still can contribute when he returns to the lineup. Has established chemistry with Hornqvist and Simon. Galchenyuk has no saving graces to his game when he's not scoring. He can't play the walls. He doesn't have a clue where to be in his own end. He's a turnover machine. Hockey isn't that one-dimensional.

Bjugstad 2018-19: 463 mins TOI at ES. 16 goals for, 12 goals against when on the ice.
Galchenyuk 2019-20: 446 mins TOI at ES. 15 goals for, 20 goals against when on the ice.

Would you throw AG on the PK btw? Cuz I'd have zero qualms having Bjug out there with the game on the line.
One guy has a toolbox. The other has a nice shot.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
Bjugstad had a 60.71% shot share in the playoffs. 4th best on the team. Did lose out on the scoring chances, but still had a 50+ xGF%. Outshot and outchanced he wasn't, not by the numbers. Although frankly even if he was that bad, it still doesn't really explain the animus against him as he's spent more time being useful as a Penguin than not. Well. When fit.

You mean you dont think its fair to judge a guy based on 10 games playing with a hernia?

Reactions: Peat and Turin

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Who can tell when Bjugstad has a hernia or not? He plays hockey like he’s been dealing with a hernia his whole career...

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Count me in the "Bjugs doesn't suck" bandwagon. Wouldn't pay him $5.5m and pay a 1st and Addison for the pleasure of him existing in my team's sweater, but Bjugs don't suck.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Bjugstad looks like tarzan but plays like jane. I dont like him as 3C. Maybe he can be a good RW.

Reactions: td_ice

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Galchenyuk has flashed some talent, but is usually MIA. Very soft for a bigger guy. I predict that he will score at a .5 PPG clip the rest of the way, and some team will be convinced to give him a contract during the summer. Sure hope it's not us. Fool's Gold, IMO.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Galchenyuk has flashed some talent, but is usually MIA. Very soft for a bigger guy. I predict that he will score at a .5 PPG clip the rest of the way, and some team will be convinced to give him a contract during the summer. Sure hope it's not us. Fool's Gold, IMO.

I don’t think you have to hope it’s not us. It won’t be us.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
5 goals and 7 points in nine games. Looks like he is going to play at a 50-60 pt pace for us which is huge.

He’s been awesome and he and Guentzel will be fun as hell to watch tear it up the next couple of seasons.

Unfortunately, they need a guy like McCann to step it up without JG around and he’s been a dud.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
He’s been awesome and he and Guentzel will be fun as hell to watch tear it up the next couple of seasons.

Unfortunately, they need a guy like McCann to step it up without JG around and he’s been a dud.

I think as I’ve been saying all year the front office and fans had too high expectations of McCann. He’s a third / fourth line C not a top six wing.

Reactions: Andy99

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I think as I’ve been saying all year the front office and fans had too high expectations of McCann. He’s a third / fourth line C not a top six wing.

I just don’t think he’s a very good pivot either.

I’ve never had very high expectations for him, but he’s definitely been disappointing as hell.

I don’t expect him to score every game, but he hasn’t potted one in 20 games or so and even more troubling, he’s a total ghost.

He seems immune to criticism around here... just totally weird because he’s so bland and meh.

Yet Zucker tears it up and gets blasted.

Ok...

Reactions: vodeni

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think the problem with McCann is that he needs to be playing center and Sullivan keeps insisting on pushing him to the wing. I think a 3rd line of Simon-McCann-Hornqvist would work pretty well overall, Sullivan just doesn't want to do that.

I think the best lineup you can make with a healthy roster is probably:

Marleau-Crosby-Sheary
Zucker-Malkin-Rust
Simon-McCann-Hornqvist
Tanev-Blueger-Rodrigues/ZAR/Bjugstad

Until Crosby starts showing some life, load up Malkin's line and hope it goes on a run like GMR did.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

McCann is a solid bottom six player with good defensive skills....but he has a hard shot, good release, so people think he has more offense than he’s showed...but that’s not the case because it’s clear that his offensive IQ is not what it needs to be to play in the top six ... any offer we make to sign him should be with this in mind but I still think he’s a solid bottom six player...he’s injured rn so I wouldn’t look to recent slew of games

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

Not to turn this into a McCann thread, but because he's been in the league for so long, it's easy to forget that he's the 2nd youngest player on the roster.

The kid's 2 years younger than Lafferty - a prospect few consider fully developed - and he's producing on pace for 40+ points for the 2nd year in a row with us. I don't feel confident in saying he is all he will ever be. Rust was in his rookie season when he was McCann's age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->