Injury Report: Zdeno Chara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
So glad we implore our forwards to play 2 way hockey and that we have depth at the center position.

Bergeron, Krejci, Campbell, Kelly and Soderberg are going to be relied upon the most.

Yep. Plenty of veteran guys that know how to play/win.

In Clode I trust.

This team always play better when their back are on the wall. Only hacve to see the 3rd period yesterday for reference...

In 07-08, Julien took a Bergeron less team full of injuries into the playoffs. This current team is better than that. And Chara will come back unlike Bergeron that year.

The goal now is to not fall too far back of the pack untill he comes back. Make the playoffs and go from there. Cause, just like the super regular season teams in 12 and 14 were judged by the results in the playoffs, this 15 team will also be.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
and then they were swept in the playoffs in the 1st round when they lost their hot goalie. what does that tell you? Stud goal scorer < either stud goalie or stud d-man.

Didn't know they had a stud d-man.

And with your analogy, we should be more than fine since we do have a stud goalie. Along with one of the best two-way trio of C in the league.

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
Chara injury isn't good but on the bright side it will give some of the younger players more minutes so they can show what they can do. As long as the Bruins make the top 8 spots nothing else matters. They should be plenty good enough minus Chara to accomplish making the playoffs.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Good thing all teams are exactly the same as last season so we already know we have the weakest division. :sarcasm:

Did I say weakest? I said weak. When your biggest competition is Mtl-TB and three of the teams are Florida-Buffalo-Ottawa, that is a weak division.

You don't agree that we have a weak division?

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Did I say weakest? I said weak. When your biggest competition is Mtl-TB and three of the teams are Florida-Buffalo-Ottawa, that is a weak division.

Ottawa is a tougher team to play against than last year. Detroit is also one that gives Boston a lot of trouble. I'd put Toronto, Florida, Buffalo in the "weak" category. Ottawa and Detroit are probably in the same boat as Boston (sans Chara). Montreal and Tampa are a step above... for now.

Interesting to look at MTL.. not comparing player to player, but they lost a top 4 20+ min guy in Gorges, plus their Captain Gionta. They look like a better team without them.

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site

Just like you said 9 games in doesn't make a season. That goes for all teams, not just the Bruins. Teams naturally get better....well..except Buffalo...Ottawa is not terrible and young. Florida has a good goalie and slowly coming along. Toronto is better, MTL and TB are good teams too..

The Bruins are going to struggle to keep up with everyone not named Buffalo

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Just like you said 9 games in doesn't make a season. That goes for all teams, not just the Bruins. Teams naturally get better....well..except Buffalo...Ottawa is not terrible and young. Florida has a good goalie and slowly coming along. Toronto is better, MTL and TB are good teams too..

If that's what you think, Chiarelli, if he's not fired, should be with 4 other DG on TV for the lottery pick next spring.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

I had to think about this...really?

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site
If that's what you think, Chiarelli, if he's not fired, should be with 4 other DG on TV for the lottery pick next spring.

This team has looked off all season so far. San Jose was the one game where I thought hey its coming together. Then they lose again, and only played well for the last ten minutes of the game.

This team is at a junction where they could swing either way. They may come together and face the adversity well, or they could crash and burn. At this point I don't have the confidence I once did with this team.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Dunno if this has been posted already - is this the cause of injury? Chara makes a very small change of direction just before impact and Tavares drives into his left knee

PhonyMenacingBlackfootedferret.gif

If you look very closely you can see Chara's knee twisting in the opposite direction.

Yet he never flinched at all. Z is one tough S.O.B. and I mean it in the most respectful way.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Luongo breaks under pressure. Yet when he doesn't have that pressure he plays well. He has no pressure in FL like the last go around he had there and will play well. He wont lead them to a playoff spot, but he could play well enough to steal some games from the Bruins.

So far this year, his stats on a still rebuilding team are much worse than lat year. Also, it's a catch-22. The better Luongo plays and the more competitive the team becomes, the more excpectations and pressure build.

Not a fan of Luongo, regardless of the situation.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Even with Chara out I still say the team's biggest weakness is in the goal scoring department.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
This team has looked off all season so far. San Jose was the one game where I thought hey its coming together. Then they lose again, and only played well for the last ten minutes of the game.

This team is at a junction where they could swing either way. They may come together and face the adversity well, or they could crash and burn. At this point I don't have the confidence I once did with this team.

You could be right but the 2013 regular season was frustrating for me personally and the boys put together a deep playoff run. I am not going to panic just yet even with Chara's injury.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Boston Bruins ‏@NHLBruins 7s8 seconds ago
Zdeno Chara out 4-6 weeks, according to GM Peter Chiarelli (addressing media now @tdgarden) ^CS

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Dan Cagen ‏@DanCage
Chara tore his PCL. Separate from other ligaments, which would have been worse. No surgery, out 4-6 weeks, maybe less.

No surgery is good.

ksp1957

Apr 11, 2006
South Shore

We may have a weak division but we can't beat Montreal if the mafia ordered us to.

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
When an anchor of your team is 37 years old and is forced to log as many minutes as he does, OF COURSE it's forseeable that he's going to get injured at some point and that it's going to crater your team.

This is why it was foolish to "lock up" a player, at that high a cap hit especially, until he's forty-frickin-two years old...
You're not locking him up; you're handcuffing yourself.

We still view Chara through rose-colored glasses, recalling the force he was 3-5 years ago, not admitting to ourselves that he has become alarmingly less effective since the Chicago series and then the Olympics, through last year's playoff debacle and then even through the first part of this season. He's been merely mediocre, at best. But then again, he's 37, so what would one expect?

Now, we own all that plus the future ramifications, whatever they may be, that this injury may cause.

Yet it was "HERESY!", the rabble shouted, when anyone dared mention the notion of trading Chara.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad