Injury Report: Zdeno Chara

Status
Not open for further replies.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
That's the problem though. They have holes on their current roster. Moving guys off that to fill those holes only shifts the hole around. They can't afford to deal a roster player, especially someone on the top 6 that logs heavy minutes on the PK, ES, and is finally starting to get some PP time too. Can't see moving him in the least because it doesn't fix their issues. They'd still be short a top 6 player.

Stewart is top six player, more physical than Marshy and can play the PP. Marshy has not gotten any better this year IMO, same move in the offensive zone, loses the puck and then the other team has a quick transition. He loses battles on the boards all the time.

Id love to see Stewart with Krec and Lucic, move Griffith to Bergys line

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
If that's the secnario, I'd rather tank.

Just missing out on the playoffs would piss me off something fierce.

I don't think we need to worry about missing out entirely.

But no Chara = no chance at a cup. You'd be hard pressed to get past Montreal WITH Chara, how do you plan on taking on whatever monster comes from the West?

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Stewart is top six player, more physical than Marshy and can play the PP. Marshy has not gotten any better this year IMO, same move in the offensive zone, loses the puck and then the other team has a quick transition. He loses battles on the boards all the time.

Id love to see Stewart with Krec and Lucic, move Griffith to Bergys line

Marchand is a far better player than Stewart.

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site
What a blow.

They guy that ate the most minutes against the other team's best players
The best PK guy
That turned the PP around when he moved to the front of the net.

Every single element has been hurt by this...

With the lack of finishers, and a weak defensive unit now this team is in serious trouble. They will work hard, wont score, and the defensive gaffs will cause goals against. Rask's job got MUCH harder.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Marchand is a far better player than Stewart.

He's not showing it right now. Just like the other 2/3 of that line.

Krejci+Yeti lines are playing good hockey right now. Can't say the same about the Bergy line. With the Chara injury, it is very important they start playing their characteristic great hockey and end up games in the "+" instead of the "-" like the last few games...

-2 again yesterday for Bergy... For a guy that is NHL best the last 3 years at +91, he's better than that and needs to be.

Interested to see what Trotman/Morrow can do.

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
Marshy sucks right now, what has he done lately? Doesn't he have like 5 goals in his last 30 something games? He has regressed a lot... And he is a turnover machine

You've clearly not seen any of Chris Stewart now, lately, or ever. 2 goals in his last 27 games. He's yet to score a goal for Buffalo.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
You've clearly not seen any of Chris Stewart now, lately, or ever. 2 goals in his last 27 games. He's yet to score a goal for Buffalo.

If you play him with some quality linemates, he will produce IMO. My thinking if we do a deal with Buffalo for Myers they are going to want a roster player, and a top six. Marshy is the guy Id give up. Maybe a change of scenery is what both players need.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
What a blow.

They guy that ate the most minutes against the other team's best players
The best PK guy
That turned the PP around when he moved to the front of the net.

Every single element has been hurt by this...

With the lack of finishers, and a weak defensive unit now this team is in serious trouble. They will work hard, wont score, and the defensive gaffs will cause goals against. Rask's job got MUCH harder.

Agree. Huge blow. But if TB can lose Stamkos for almost a year and still get 100+ pts, the Bruins sure can too. Time for the rest of the players to take it over and up their game. Cause if they play like they did the last 9 games, we may be in trouble when/if Chara comes back.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Agree. Huge blow. But if TB can lose Stamkos for almost a year and still get 100+ pts, the Bruins sure can too. Time for the rest of the players to take it over and up their game. Cause if they play like they did the last 9 games, we may be in trouble when/if Chara comes back.

Good point. This team has far to many passengers lately. They have been relying on Chara, Bergy etc to carry them. Is time they start driving the bus...

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I actually think as long as Chara comes back without needing surgery, even if it's two months, they'll be ok. Just flirt with .500 and turn it up in January to push into a top 8 spot. Screw winning the division, just get your ass to the dance and see what happens.

What I am interested in now is the game planning. Do they pull back and play to win 1-0 or do they use the swift skating youth on defense and try to win 4-3 every night? Both have huge risks, cuz their D right now isn't strong enough to play for 1-0 and they don't have the firepower to trade punches 4-3. They can't play it both ways though, they're not nearly skilled and deep enough now. Time to pick your poison, your move Julien.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Time for Hamilton to step into that #1 role.

Time for Bergy to play like the all around Selke guy he is.
Time for Rask to start playing like the Vezina winner he was last year.
Time for Marchand+Smith to wake up.
Time for Seidenberg to look like a top-4 Dmen.
Time for the youngster to step up and up their game.

Chara going down is a big void to fill. We'll know more about our team in the next 4-6 weeks or whatever time Chara needs to get back. It will be the first time since we signed him as a UFA that he'll miss an extended time. We'll see how and who steps up. If not, we are in trouble...

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I actually think as long as Chara comes back without needing surgery, even if it's two months, they'll be ok. Just flirt with .500 and turn it up in January to push into a top 8 spot. Screw winning the division, just get your ass to the dance and see what happens.

What I am interested in now is the game planning. Do they pull back and play to win 1-0 or do they use the swift skating youth on defense and try to win 4-3 every night? Both have huge risks, cuz their D right now isn't strong enough to play for 1-0 and they don't have the firepower to trade punches 4-3. They can't play it both ways though, they're not nearly skilled and deep enough now. Time to pick your poison, your move Julien.

Claude will lock down on D. Book it.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
Maybe now he won't be tired come playoff time.

The team will be good while he is gone but not elite anymore, we finish 3rd in the division and get mtn in the first round bc of this.

hubey

Nov 19, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
He's not showing it right now. Just like the other 2/3 of that line.

Krejci+Yeti lines are playing good hockey right now. Can't say the same about the Bergy line. With the Chara injury, it is very important they start playing their characteristic great hockey and end up games in the "+" instead of the "-" like the last few games...

-2 again yesterday for Bergy... For a guy that is NHL best the last 3 years at +91, he's better than that and needs to be.

Interested to see what Trotman/Morrow can do.

Agreed. Even the fourth line has looked good recently.

Bergy has not looked the same since taking that shot off his foot a few games ago, but there is no excuse for his wingers who continue to lose battles along the boards and can't get the puck out of their end.

Losing Chara is huge blow, but great opportunity for Morrow or Trotman to show their stuff.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Yeah when Mike Green isn't afraid of Milan Lucic and you lose Chara, this is a soft, soft team.

Mike Green wasn't afraid of Lucic because everyone in the hockey world knows he can't fight with his injured wrist. If his wrist was healthy, Mike Green would have peed his pants like Nick Brophy.

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
The scary part of this injury is how PC reacts to it. Does he panic and try to get Edler again, and overpay because of the situation their in? That would be a terrible move, IMO.

I don't think we'll see a reaction. Whatever is planned for the two Boychuk picks will remain the same. We're just gonna have to ride this out

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Marshy sucks right now, what has he done lately? Doesn't he have like 5 goals in his last 30 something games? He has regressed a lot... And he is a turnover machine

You want to talk about suck, look at Stewart's game recently. Guy has been under performing for 3- 4 years. I like him as a player when he's playing well, but don't fool yourself about what he is right now. He'd be a guy that they hope can find his game through a change of scenery. He's basically a flier that if it works out great, but he has the potential to be nothing more than an overpaid 15 goal scorer if he doesn't return to form. That's not a guy I trade an asset like Marchand for.

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH
The next few games are against teams the Bruins should beat, even without Chara. Good time for experiment and see if these two can get it done. If not, then see what's out there for help.

Spooner+ for Gormley

I agree. Let's see what we really have for defensive depth. If I was the boss I'd move Bartkowski up to the 1st pairing to give him a real test. IMO he did a decent, not spectacular, job there last year for a short while. If he can't do the job then move Seidenberg up. For call-up I'd start with Breen. If he doesn't work, go to Trotman then Morrow. I would not bring Warsofsky up only because, IMO, it would make us to small on D overall.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs

The forwards are all healthy.
With Hamilton-Krug-Bart-Morrow, they have 4 guys that can push the pace and log the puck up ice fast. I liked that 3rd period last night. The pace was very good and should have gotten at least a point with all the grade-A chances they got in that period.

We'll see how it ends up but with Rask being paid 7M, it's time for him to cover up for the mistakes that will no doubt be made by these young D.

We'll be interesting to see who is in for Saturday between Morrow/Trotman, how the 6 man unit looks and what kind of game they are playing (fast pace or tight checking).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad