Zdeno Chara

Status
Not open for further replies.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
I think the Bruins need to decide if they have a shot at the Cup this year. Otherwise it might be the best solution to see if Chara wants to finish off his contract with a another team that might win the Stanley Cup. He will be 38 years old this March. Two more years at 6.9 million. He could really bring a big return to Boston from a Cup contending team.

BudMovin*

I think he was brought back too early. Either that or he needs surgery/has really fallen off a cliff. I bet Jason Allison would be a real close skating race.

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org
I think he was brought back too early. Either that or he needs surgery/has really fallen off a cliff. I bet Jason Allison would be a real close skating race.

He's 38 years old and has lost a step or two.. Chara carries this teams defense and is always paired up against the opposing teams best lines. He's no spring chicken, doesn't matter how much he bench presses, you can tell he has lost a step or two! He's definitely slower, at least I think so.

Its his intelligence and experience and of course his size that keeps him playing at that high level, but u can tell he has lost a step or two. You know how many minutes he plays every game and for how many years.

I am praying that Dougie acquires some of Char's attitude and meanness. If he does than were going to be alright when Chara retires etc.

Chara is a WARRIOR and that's what I hope Dougie Hamilton turns into.

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org
Chara is not going anywhere so you people who think he maybe traded, I mean can it happen, sure but I just don't see it. Its not like he hasn't won before like say Ray Bourque (Who was traded to a contender and than won).. I see him staying in a B's uniform to the very end.

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
Chara is not going anywhere so you people who think he maybe traded, I mean can it happen, sure but I just don't see it. Its not like he hasn't won before like say Ray Bourque (Who was traded to a contender and than won).. I see him staying in a B's uniform to the very end.

Yes, sadly, he will be with us until his very end. He will continue to deteriorate, as virtually all 38 year old NHLer's (except Lidstrom and a rare few others) do, to the point of injury and ineffectiveness.

We're hampered by his huge contract which is having a magnified negative effect due to Chia's poor asset management. He should be moved to an LA-type contender for the most possible cheaper/younger assets.

He's no Ray Bourque. He was an Islander and a Senator. We got a Cup with him and that was great. We let Ray go for sentimental (and correct) reasons. We should let Chara go because it's the best thing for him, and for us.

We're not winning a Cup in the next year or two and we're not winning one with Chara under contract, imo.

OutspokenMinority*

Z has looked noticeably better the last two nights. not sure how anyone disagrees with this.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Chara looked SLOW tonight against Buffalo. He has to get quicker,when he gets beat now he is beat,no recovery is happening.

Not going to happen. Ever. Dude was slow to start with, and now at the age of 38, and coming off a serious knee injury? He looks even slower, if that's possible. I think he's still hurt, and his knee is just something he's trying to play through, but man, he looks awful out there. Not good at all. Getting rag dolled by much smaller guys, slow to read the play, slow to react, and slow moving in general. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up getting surgery for the knee in the off season.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Need a statement game from big z. He's been "getting slower" since he was too slow to break into the league as a regular defenseman. Sure the knee has set him back but there is plenty in him and the teams performance so far this year has to be weighing on him. I'd be looking for him to pick a star target in the next few games or a willing plug to use as an example to the league.

BobbyAwe

Nov 21, 2006
South Carolina
Yes, sadly, he will be with us until his very end. He will continue to deteriorate, as virtually all 38 year old NHLer's (except Lidstrom and a rare few others) do, to the point of injury and ineffectiveness.

We're hampered by his huge contract which is having a magnified negative effect due to Chia's poor asset management. He should be moved to an LA-type contender for the most possible cheaper/younger assets.

He's no Ray Bourque. He was an Islander and a Senator. We got a Cup with him and that was great. We let Ray go for sentimental (and correct) reasons. We should let Chara go because it's the best thing for him, and for us.

We're not winning a Cup in the next year or two and we're not winning one with Chara under contract, imo.

:cry: but true...

Revisionhky22

Apr 16, 2013
He is just not fast enough or good enough with the puck anymore. His size reach and physicality isn't enough to overcome that anymore. The biggest issue also is that they will continue to play him as a #1 dman as long as he is here and he just isn't anymore. It would be one thing if he made seids money and was a second pair guy but he makes 7mil and I'd rather trade him and be worse this year while we retool on the fly to contend again in 2-3 years than teeter on the edge of the playoffs for the next few years. I start to look to flip he, seids, kelly, and anyone not under 30.

Keep krejci, bergy, Marchand, looch, dougie , pasta, morrow and maybe smith and Krug and add via trade and free agency and you can be good again soon while bergy and krejci are still at the top of their games.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
He's in the same situation Seidenberg was in. 8 games back from an injury put in a position to log #1-2 Dman minutes. That said, I don't see any signs of us rebuilding, but if we are are, there will be some contenders that would love to have Chara.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Ray Bourque would be a better option going forward the next couple of years if he trained a couple of weeks and lost 50 to 80 pounds, Chara is cooked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad