Zdeno Chara

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainone99

Dec 21, 2010
Montreal
Just read the article by Dom http://ohlwriters.com/articles/breaking-down-the-bruins-cap-situation regarding the bruins cap situation. I am just asking the question. Should Chara be an option to be traded at this point? He is 37 years old...He is going to make 6.9 for the next 4 years.. and He can still get us great value in return...

Imagine him with Minnesota along side Suter with maybe a Coyle and a D man in return?? San Jose Anahiem would love to get this guy. What about Colorado??
I think we could cause quite a stir making him available and the return would be very interesting to consider.

I am not saying that Marchand should not be moved or the bruins should look at other options but I think that's another conversation to have. If Marchand is moved it's for other obvious reasons.

I Think the Bruins can grab a good young d man and a good forward in return for a 37 year old... I think the bruins need to look at this option even if it might be a taboo subject amongst the higher management. I think the emergence of Hamilton with Boychuk and Seidenberg make a good top 3. Then you fill out with Krug Miller Mcquaid Bartowski Morrow plus what you get for Chara.

Just a thought... any comments??

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
4609129583.png

Silly season, it is upon us.

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
It would be a bad idea. I can't imagine the Bruins would do it and I can't imagine Chara would waive his NTC.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
NTCs are toilet paper when a player feels unwanted or his minutes sink or they find themselves in the AHL or any assortment of strategies that make there look better than here. I would be seriously looking at Chara's trade value beyond this year.

rainone99

Dec 21, 2010
Montreal
Do you actually believe I have to list "compelling reasons" to keep one of the top defensemen of this generation on the Bruins? Seriously?

My God, I need a drink.

WAS a top defenceman... Subban Doughty McDonagh Weber Suter amongst others have all surpassed him. He is on a decline. He has been exposed the last 2 years in the playoffs and he can not compete with speed like he did. You can not deny that he has struggled when facing players who can skate by him. The east is changing. How much time does he have left as an effective player in this league 2 years? Teams that haven't won who are close might over pay for him.. How can you not at least see what you could get in return??

doubleminor138

Call me Snake
Jul 31, 2005
NH
you give compelling reasons to keep him... why even post something like that??

It has as much merit as your "Imagine if.,.." post does. You propose nothing except "imagine the Bruins got a young top 6 forward" while offering nothing AT ALL.

You get NOTHING.

Good DAY, sir!

Last edited:

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
WAS a top defenceman... Subban Doughty McDonagh Weber Suter amongst others have all surpassed him. He is on a decline. He has been exposed the last 2 years in the playoffs and he can not compete with speed like he did. You can not deny that he has struggled when facing players who can skate by him. The east is changing. How much time does he have left as an effective player in this league 2 years? Teams that haven't won who are close might over pay for him.. How can you not at least see what you could get in return??

Good grief.

I really hope Chiarelli is reading this board for the lulz.

rainone99

Dec 21, 2010
Montreal
It has as much merit as your "Imagine if.,.." post does. You propose nothing except "imagine the Bruins got a young to forward" while offering nothing AT ALL.

You get NOTHING.

Good DAY, sir!

the topic heading says OPTION..... your avi tells me where your heart is at however still no compelling reason not to see if you can get something of value in return.

Give me a reason at least.. His leadership?? His presence?? His influence on the young players?? Give me something not to consider it other than I got nothing....What does that even mean?? Am I a GM and know the value of Chara in the trade market?? Are you?? can anyone possibly write what we can get for Chara???

I said option.. should the Bruins consider it?? That's the question.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
the topic heading says OPTION..... your avi tells me where your heart is at however still no compelling reason not to see if you can get something of value in return.

Give me a reason at least.. His leadership?? His presence?? His influence on the young players?? Give me something not to consider it other than I got nothing....What does that even mean?? Am I a GM and know the value of Chara in the trade market?? Are you?? can anyone possibly write what we can get for Chara???

I said option.. should the Bruins consider it?? That's the question.

No. They won't consider it. He's a Norris candidate (again), their captain, undisputed leader, and the heart of this team. He will retire a Bruin; that is the point of his contract.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
I've never cared for Chara, but the only way you trade him is if the Bruins have someone who can seamlessly step into that role (i.e. Hamilton) and there just isn't anyone at that level yet.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
I've never cared for Chara, but the only way you trade him is if the Bruins have someone who can seamlessly step into that role (i.e. Hamilton) and there just isn't anyone at that level yet.

Hamilton will get there eventually, I believe, but he's got a long way to go. Having Chara here to mentor him is extraordinarily great fortune, not just for him but for the Bruins.

doubleminor138

Call me Snake
Jul 31, 2005
NH
Bruins should consider it. And anything else that comes around. But Chart means more to the Bruins than to other teams, unless they overpay like crazy.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Last year around this time I actually put him,Seguin,Marchand and Kelly on my "to trade list " and I still think all those p-layers should be moved.

7M is a lot of money I just don't find he's worth it.

flooredaccord

Apr 30, 2011
NTCs are toilet paper when a player feels unwanted or his minutes sink or they find themselves in the AHL or any assortment of strategies that make there look better than here. I would be seriously looking at Chara's trade value beyond this year.

I believe Chara has a nmc not ntc

A no-trade clause means a player cannot be traded without his consent. Consent is not required for waivers for assignment to the minors.
A no-move clause means a player cannot be traded, waived for a claim by another team, or assigned to the minors without his consent. This does not protect the player from a buyout.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
I believe Chara has a nmc not ntc

A no-trade clause means a player cannot be traded without his consent. Consent is not required for waivers for assignment to the minors.
A no-move clause means a player cannot be traded, waived for a claim by another team, or assigned to the minors without his consent. This does not protect the player from a buyout.

even if he just has a NTC, the first bottom feeder with 7 million in capspace claims him approximately 3 nanoseconds after the B's try to send him down. Then the Bruins end up with nothing for him

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

Lol.
No.

DBL

Sep 13, 2002
Visit site
Yeah...I don't think so. Chara to the end.

Guys a warrior. He makes quite a bit, but would still take this guy as a bottom 4 defencemen at 7m. You know this guy will give everything he has right to the end of his career.

Yeah, he looked like Bambi in game 7, but don't care. Guys a beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad