Zdeno Chara

Status
Not open for further replies.

theswede2013

Feb 26, 2013
the whole team in the devils game was impressive. It looked like the Devils were on the back end of a back to back. Not the other way around. I was waiting for the momentum to swing as our boys got gassed after two night in a row but it never happened.

I do think Z has presented a but sluggish and slow. Understandable coming off the knee injury and wearing a brace. I just want to see the fire in his eyes again. He is scary when he gets like that.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Really nice to see Chara finally getting back into form. Has looked good the last 2 games and finally get back to pushing opponents around. Jacobs should invest a way to implant his brain into Dougie's body.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
went to the Bruins season ticket holder event today and watched Chara walk....um, not good.

Going to hold off on Chara being done when you walk like that.

I will assume it will probably be next season before we see him walking normal again.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
went to the Bruins season ticket holder event today and watched Chara walk....um, not good.

I will assume it will probably be next season before we see him walking normal again.

any other good nuggets to share from this meeting? i wonder, given chara's issue, does chia play it a little conservative at the deadline knowing his #1 D is running on half a tank.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
any other good nuggets to share from this meeting? i wonder, given chara's issue, does chia play it a little conservative at the deadline knowing his #1 D is running on half a tank.

I watched the players to see if they looked like they were having fun, or their faces when their teammates were doing stuff and they looked like they were having fun.

there is no doubt Caron is well liked on this team; to bad in two years when he turns into a decent bottom 6 player it will be on someone else's dime

they seem to like to **** on each other- which is good

Marchand may be an ahole on the ice, but nobody is more at ease, smiles more, and goofs around off it than him.

Chara though clearly is going to need an offseason to get healthy; from now on whenever I see him struggle I'll cut him slack knowing he's not 100% on top of being late 30's.

Pasta looks like he landed here from the planet Ork- always smiling, kid could have Kessel like skill with Boychuk loveable goofiness someday; not a bad combo

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I watched the players to see if they looked like they were having fun, or their faces when their teammates were doing stuff and they looked like they were having fun.

there is no doubt Caron is well liked on this team; to bad in two years when he turns into a decent bottom 6 player it will be on someone else's dime

they seem to like to **** on each other- which is good

Marchand may be an ahole on the ice, but nobody is more at ease, smiles more, and goofs around off it than him.

Chara though clearly is going to need an offseason to get healthy; from now on whenever I see him struggle I'll cut him slack knowing he's not 100% on top of being late 30's.

Pasta looks like he landed here from the planet Ork- always smiling, kid could have Kessel like skill with Boychuk loveable goofiness someday; not a bad combo

Thats a perfect storm.

Thanks for the report

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia

This doesn't surprise me at all.

Strange Universe

Apr 8, 2009
Its hard to imagine that the second half of the season could be as strange as the first half. But i have a feeling we arent done yet with crazy ride.

Oh. I am certain that the second half will be a crazy ride fro all of us.
I for one I am experiencing difficulty in reading what this team is all about simply because there seems to be too ay variables contributing in their poor play this year.
My emotions are changing from one day to another but I am trying to stay neutral as much as possible in hopes that the right decisions will be made eventually without destructing this team any further.

Fingers and toes are crossed....:)

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

To be fair, whomever had the idea to have them walking down fhe stairs from the Loge to the stage should be yelled at. They all looked like they were trying hard not to fall.

Didn't notice anything off about him tonight

plodder

Jan 5, 2012
best thing about the z man is that by being in the NHL so long (seasons ,TOI,situations) He's seen it all twice and is effective without having to move to much,fast or far allowing him to be on the ice longer.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I hope some day Hamilton steps up and assumes the mins per game from Chara. They need to cut his minutes and save him for the second half of the season. Having him on the PP is a sign of weakness of the forwards not having someone to park their but there. Hey Lucic, how bout a shot there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->