Zdeno Chara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
You don't find a Chara in every draft and you miss him when he wears out or is injured for a long spell. The Bruins' image would be very different if they didn't have him. He's a certain HOF selection.

member 96824

The day Chara is gone is the day our cup window closes. We've seen how the team plays even when he's not at 100%. I get the side of asset management, you want to maximize an asset's return that is guaranteed to diminish, but Chara is simply just too important.

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
The day Chara is gone is the day our cup window closes. We've seen how the team plays even when he's not at 100%. I get the side of asset management, you want to maximize an asset's return that is guaranteed to diminish, but Chara is simply just too important.

Doughty is a UFA in 2019, you never know. :sarcasm:

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
Nobody on this board if ever were to find themselves playing for the Bruins would be able to play another shift once Chara was traded.

That is what your comments are implying.

Chara is a Bruin still and could be until he retires, that is where/when the error will be out.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
You don't find a Chara in every draft and you miss him when he wears out or is injured for a long spell. The Bruins' image would be very different if they didn't have him. He's a certain HOF selection.

The Bruins probably wouldn't be a Cup Champion or even a contender if he never came to Boston.

While i lament what looks to be the beginning of the end of his utter dominance, i'm still certain he'll be a good #1 guy, especially with Seidenberg back in the fold. He's earned the right to retire in Black and Gold, and have his jersey in the rafters imo.

Dude is basically the poster boy of the Bruins return to prominence on the NHL landscape after years of being a punchline. How fans are calling for him to be traded is beyond me.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
The Bruins probably wouldn't be a Cup Champion or even a contender if he never came to Boston.

While i lament what looks to be the beginning of the end of his utter dominance, i'm still certain he'll be a good #1 guy, especially with Seidenberg back in the fold. He's earned the right to retire in Black and Gold, and have his jersey in the rafters imo.

Dude is basically the poster boy of the Bruins return to prominence on the NHL landscape after years of being a punchline. How fans are calling for him to be traded is beyond me.

I`ll add again, this D was badly stung by the absence of Seidenberg, I can only imagine how much they`d suffer at this stage of the development, and the weight and pressure being on Seids/Boychuk if Z were no longer a B

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Long summer off, Seidenberg back, Dougie able to take on more responsibility.
I think it's gonna be a good year for Chara. I think he's got a lot left in the tank before we start panicking about the end of an era. I too am nowhere near ready for the post-Chara Bruins.

Keep trimming his minutes and using him more wisely and I think he'll still be a nightmare to play against. Having him healthy during the playoffs would be huge.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
What Chara did this past season was nothing short of incredible. Helped lead the team to a President's Cup and was in the running for the Norris. Those things are pretty damn good on their own but when you consider he did it with a decimated defense, all the while bringing on the young guys, it says so much about Z. Anyone paying attention could see he was busting his tail on the ice to compensate for the mistakes made by others. Funny how many times people would blame him for screwing up on a play when actually he was just trying to cover for someone else's screw up. Let's not forget he did all of this in an Olympic season, which came off of a very short off season in which there was a compacted schedule and one where the Bs made it all the way to the SCF. For a player of his age, playing as many hard minutes as he does, to do all of the aforementioned things demonstrates incredible will and leadership.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
What Chara did this past season was nothing short of incredible. Helped lead the team to a President's Cup and was in the running for the Norris. Those things are pretty damn good on their own but when you consider he did it with a decimated defense, all the while bringing on the young guys, it says so much about Z. Anyone paying attention could see he was busting his tail on the ice to compensate for the mistakes made by others. Funny how many times people would blame him for screwing up on a play when actually he was just trying to cover for someone else's screw up. Let's not forget he did all of this in an Olympic season, which came off of a very short off season in which there was a compacted schedule and one where the Bs made it all the way to the SCF. For a player of his age, playing as many hard minutes as he does, to do all of the aforementioned things demonstrates incredible will and leadership.

perfect argument for trading him:sarcasm:

Great post

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton

It is unfortunate he wasn't able to play well against Montreal due to his injury.The playoffs are all that matters to most.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Long summer off, Seidenberg back, Dougie able to take on more responsibility.
I think it's gonna be a good year for Chara. I think he's got a lot left in the tank before we start panicking about the end of an era. I too am nowhere near ready for the post-Chara Bruins.

Keep trimming his minutes and using him more wisely and I think he'll still be a nightmare to play against. Having him healthy during the playoffs would be huge.
I think Chara is going to have a very good year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad