Player Discussion Zdeno Chara - III

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Damn, I am so torn. I am happy to see him on the ice, but so scared of him getting more hurt than he already is. It doesn't even have to be a dirty hit by anyone from St. Louis- could be just a scrum in front of the net or even lost footing. I know he's a professional and a tough man, all heart. I am just cringing see him with that jaw protector- he's already going to have a miserable summer as it is until that heals.

right there with you, amazingly courageous but if I`ll be turning my head anytime he`s about to be forced to absorb contact if he plays

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Backes should be the one sitting, he is the biggest detriment on our 2nd line and doesn't play on the special teams. Acciari has played well on our very effective 4th line and helps on faceoffs and the PK, this is a no-brainer.
No it isn't. Getting smaller and less physical makes zero sense.

Reactions: Lady Rhian

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
Chara is the ultimate team guy and leader, he will not play if doesn't think he can help the team. He's not selfish, he will do what is best for the Bruins.

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
I will guarantee you that if we use 7 defenseman backes sits. It would be absolutely crazy to sit any other forward and it will not happen. If Zee plays his minutes will be down rather we dress 6 pr 7. We need him killing penalties probably more than anything .

Reactions: chrisab123

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
Chara is the ultimate team guy and leader, he will not play if doesn't think he can help the team. He's not selfish, he will do what is best for the Bruins.
No one is saying he is selfish?

We are worried about his health and well being. Hockey is a physical sport, where anything could happen to make his injury far worse. I am not even worried about him being hit so to speak, but players get caught up in front of the net scrumming- something that is completely harmless for healthy guys, but could be devastating painful for him if he got whacked in the jaw area.

The man will be on a liquid diet for a few weeks, then he'll be eating soft foods until his jaw works properly again.

I would love to see him play- I love this guy, best Captain we've ever had, in my eyes. I will hate the day he hangs the skates up.

I give the man all the credit in the world- a true warrior, true Bruin inside and out, and an outstanding role model for the young kids.

Reactions: BMC

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Gonna be hard to watch him if he plays. I’ll be wincing every time there is contact. Which is most of the time he’s on the ice.

Reactions: Lady Rhian

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
giphy.gif

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
The Captain needed to take last night off. He clearly was not right and was worse than usual at mishandling the puck, giving errant passes etc. Since he won't sit unless under any circumstance because he won't have it, let's hope the time off between games is helpful.

And of course, who was surprised that the Blues were going high on him?

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
Who is the ****ing dubmbass reporter that asked Chara about his eating habits in the post game podium interview? Seriously, wtf!?

It's kind of important when your jaw is screwed. Chara isn't wired shut from what I understand but i don't think he can bite and chew properly?

Shakes can keep you going be he needs serious fuel and quite frankly your bowls need something.

When I broke my jaw it was wired but missing enough teeth to get an elbow macaroni in there.

I became a fan of what I called blender lasagne' heat some meat sauce, pasta, a little ricotta and all in the blender.

Not too much, leave some chunkiness but smooth enough to swallow. ;)

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
It's kind of important when your jaw is screwed. Chara isn't wired shut from what I understand but i don't think he can bite and chew properly?

Shakes can keep you going be he needs serious fuel and quite frankly your bowls need something.

When I broke my jaw it was wired but missing enough teeth to get an elbow macaroni in there.

I became a fan of what I called blender lasagne' heat some meat sauce, pasta, a little ricotta and all in the blender.

Not too much, leave some chunkiness but smooth enough to swallow. ;)

:eek:

Reactions: Gordon Lightfoot

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
The Captain needed to take last night off. He clearly was not right and was worse than usual at mishandling the puck, giving errant passes etc. Since he won't sit unless under any circumstance because he won't have it, let's hope the time off between games is helpful.

And of course, who was surprised that the Blues were going high on him?

It was really only the puke Schenn who also attempted to decapitate Pastrnak.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Chara will break the record for most Game 7s played Wednesday. This will be his 14th Game 7, which will surpass Patrick Roy and Scott Stevens' 13. Bergeron and Krejci are also getting up there with 12 and 11 respectively. The bold names include Bruins vs. Blues Game 7.

Zdeno Chara: 14
Patrick Roy: 13
Scott Stevens: 13
Glenn Anderson: 12
Nicklas Backstrom: 12
Patrice Bergeron: 12
Ken Daneyko: 12
Alex Ovechkin: 12
Stephane Yelle: 12
Dave Andreychuk: 11
Doug Gilmour: 11
David Krejci: 11
Al MacInnis: 11
Mark Recchi: 11

Info pieced together from this news article:

NHL.com Media Site

Backstrom/Ovechkin had not played Game 7 vs. the Hurricanes at the time.

Reactions: BruinDust and BMC

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Chara seemed to have a better game last night, as far as his mobility goes. The scumbags punching him in the mask after whistles is putrid, although I get it. He will have his revenge..

:nono:

Reactions: BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad