Player Discussion Zdeno Chara - III

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I want him to play (Grizz too obviously), but IMO if he plays the NEED to go 7 D. Can't risk going down to 5 D again if either guy has issues early. The forwards can afford the extra minutes (hell more minutes for certain guys might be a good thing).

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
Doubt Chara plays, but even if he does I want 7 d men.

The question is who do we bench? If Chara isn't playing the thought of Backes not on the ice for leadership is worrisome. Acciari?

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
I want him to play (Grizz too obviously), but IMO if he plays the NEED to go 7 D. Can't risk going down to 5 D again if either guy has issues early. The forwards can afford the extra minutes (hell more minutes for certain guys might be a good thing).

Yup. Get Coyle and Mojo out there more. Top line too if they decide to show up.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Can't wait for more posters to tell me how he is slow and brings nothing anymore. We need more speed and smaller D, or so I have been told.

Zdeno Chara is what a leader and hockey player looks like.

Full marks to Grizz for being on ice as well.

Dress 7 D, I hate to say it but sit Acciari. you have 3 games left, go with three lines for most of the game.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Can't wait for more posters to tell me how he is slow and brings nothing anymore. We need more speed and smaller D, or so I have been told.

Zdeno Chara is what a leader and hockey player looks like.

Full marks to Grizz for being on ice as well.

Dress 7 D, I hate to say it but sit Acciari. you have 3 games left, go with three lines for most of the game.

I’m going back and forth between Acciari and Backes. Acciari has played better but Backes has the leadership, also the Blues seem to get riled up by him. Ultimately I think they’ll sit Backes as he’s been playing the fewest minutes but I’m not sure what choice I’d make if it was up to me

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I hate guys playing injured like this. Difference between hurt and injured.

Bergeron suiting up in 2013 when he should have been in the hospital was a huge mistake Soderberg was a better replacement too than our D options. Playing a team who’s game plan is to take the body whenever possible makes it worse go with a more mobile option.

Glad he and Grizz are skating maybe consider them for an elimination game but tonight feels too soon.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I hate guys playing injured like this. Difference between hurt and injured.

Bergeron suiting up in 2013 when he should have been in the hospital was a huge mistake Soderberg was a better replacement too than our D options. Playing a team who’s game plan is to take the body whenever possible makes it worse go with a more mobile option.

Glad he and Grizz are skating maybe consider them for an elimination game but tonight feels too soon.

Doesn't it depend on the injury?

It's not like he's playing with a bum shoulder or torn knee, something that would impact his physical performance. He's got a fractured jaw (and clearly not a clean break). His mouth obviously hurts, and he'll need some work in the off-season. And even with a shield, there is the risk of making it worse during game action, but that's the risk he's willing to take it seems. But they can freeze his mouth no different than going to the dentist for a filling. I don't see the issue in this situation.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I’m going back and forth between Acciari and Backes. Acciari has played better but Backes has the leadership, also the Blues seem to get riled up by him. Ultimately I think they’ll sit Backes as he’s been playing the fewest minutes but I’m not sure what choice I’d make if it was up to me
I'm also leaning to most banged up forward not playing center. Nordstrom has been great but has blocked a number of shots, maybe he is an option.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002

based on all the intel, i think Z and grzelcyk will play and they will dress 7 D. i would personally scratch backes
since with Z in, 42's leadership is less of a concern. and while you have the STL connection and he's one of the
few guys banging bodies, acciari kills penalties and 42 doesn't. and the 4th line has been very good in the series,
while the line backes is on has been the worst.

Reactions: LSCII

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
62003423_10217937229515066_8867970901929361408_n.jpg

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
Chara is practicing today

Damn, I am so torn. I am happy to see him on the ice, but so scared of him getting more hurt than he already is. It doesn't even have to be a dirty hit by anyone from St. Louis- could be just a scrum in front of the net or even lost footing. I know he's a professional and a tough man, all heart. I am just cringing see him with that jaw protector- he's already going to have a miserable summer as it is until that heals.

Reactions: Kovi

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
So ya. Guess all the "sky is falling" doctors can shut it now.

This roster is full of warriors.

Reactions: Alicat

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Of course its close. If Chara doesn't play you lose out on a significant part of your leadership group, and you want Backes to be out too? St. Louis plays a heavy game, you need Backes out there if CHara isnt IMO.

Backes should be the one sitting, he is the biggest detriment on our 2nd line and doesn't play on the special teams. Acciari has played well on our very effective 4th line and helps on faceoffs and the PK, this is a no-brainer.

World of Wardlow

Unscripted Violence
Jul 13, 2006
Montreal
Here's the thing: Some may agree, some may disagree.

If Chara is playing tonight, then I'm hoping the Blues show some respect and don't make Z a target tonight. Everyone knows the situation. Any hit high can do great damage to Z. Hell, even a blocked shot can cause the same amount of pain.

The Blues already have an advantage with Chara playing tonight as he can't communicate and he'll likely not emphasize on hitting the Blues players. I just feel that any hit on Z tonight (if he plays) will be with intent to injure. There's no need for that.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
Backes should be the one sitting, he is the biggest detriment on our 2nd line and doesn't play on the special teams. Acciari has played well on our very effective 4th line and helps on faceoffs and the PK, this is a no-brainer.

Guess I just disagree here. Game 6 of the SCF without your captain you need as much veteran leadership you can get. I may feel differently if K Miller were in the lineup but I want Backes in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad