Player Discussion Zdeno Chara - III

Status
Not open for further replies.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Chara seemed to have a better game last night, as far as his mobility goes. The scumbags punching him in the mask after whistles is putrid, although I get it. He will have his revenge..

:nono:

Schenn has the safety of Chara's shield and it being the playoffs to protect him from Chara. Next season though, i bet Chara will either ask or force him to go.

Reactions: The National

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Schenn has the safety of Chara's shield and it being the playoffs to protect him from Chara. Next season though, i bet Chara will either ask or force him to go.
If I am not mistaken, in game 5 Chara had the bowl and shield. In game 6, he just had the bowl, no shield.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Regardless of whether he's the number one D on this team or not, i'm gonna miss the old Captain when he's gone some day.

Not saying Bergy wouldn't have played with a face shield if he'd broken his jaw, but...there's just something awesome about seeing the Captain with one that just seem so awe inspiring. Just leaving it all out there. Has to hurt so much playing with that, but he knows the cup means everything to the fanbase and his teammates and coaches

Reactions: BMC

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
from yesterdays post game interviews

it sounded like he wasn't 100 percent sure he was going to return next season

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
Screenshot_2019-06-14-16-24-56~2.png

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
So what is the plan for Chara next season,basically same as this season,maybe one last kick at the cat scenario,or is it time for him to move down in the rotation time for the new guards to take over.Or is it maybe a little of both.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
So what is the plan for Chara next season,basically same as this season,maybe one last kick at the cat scenario,or is it time for him to move down in the rotation time for the new guards to take over.Or is it maybe a little of both.

I'd really like them to find a way to get one of their young defenseman in the rotation and see if over the season, he can work his way up the depth chart, which would bump Chara down to something more appropriate. Vaakanainen is my first choice for doing that, but any of Lauzon/Zboril would do.... Assuming they aren't dealt in a trade. Also, this would mean someone like Krug is moved and Grzelcyk/Moore is a 7th defenseman. With Moore's long recovery period, it is lining up for this to potentially happen.

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island

They did a really good job this year of balancing the D minutes in the regular season. McAvoy led with 22:10, Carlo rounded out the top 4 with 20:55, Krug and Chara were in between. Chara averaged his lowest TOI since he was a rookie. I imagine they will aim for similar distribution this year.

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
Screen Shot 2019-07-12 at 11.59.53 AM.png

"It’s hard to believe I’m now the oldest active player in the NHL. It’s been a long time since my rookie season but this game always keeps me young. Having the opportunity to play in the league all these years with and against the best players in the world has taught me time and time again that it’s a humbling game and age is just a number! "

Chara Shares Hilarious Picture About Being Oldest Player In NHL.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
This is likely to be Chara's last season. Getting a late start like he did this off season is the last thing someone like him needs. This could be a rough season for him.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I see his quote saying he thinks he will be and the Globe spinning it for a headline.

He is Chara. He will most likely play.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
How is he looking in pre-season games?

A little slow even by his standards, but he skated well enough and didn't seem to be hindered by any of his injuries from last season. Mostly did what he needed to in the minutes he played.

He's 42, so it's going to take him a little while to warm into things. But at this stage I see no cause for concern. I think with good management and a little luck he can put together another solid season. Around Jan at the start of this year he looked to be on the way out, but then he ramped things back up and put together a massive postseason.

He's the one and only Chara - I suspect he'll defy the odds and do it all again this season for one last hurrah.

Reactions: PepeBostones
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->