Zadina probably starting out in GR

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
there are a lot of high potential players right now in AHL . Lets not worry about him now , he needs to earn his place with wings . Berggren makes me worry about , I hope he is not Mantha 2.0.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
The highest pick the Wings have had in a long time and people already want to write the guy off. Never change HF.

Personally, I'm content with what Zadina is doing, but the people you are chastising are disappointed - not writing the guy off.

You say "highest pick the Wings have had in a long time" as though that makes being disappointed even more ridiculous when in fact the very reason people are as disappointed as they are is because of that high draft position. I'd get used to the Zadina critics if I were you - expectations are high.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
AHL stats are tough to read into. The league itself just isn't much of a scorer's league.

Many players struggle at the AHL level and then hit a new stride once they see NHL ice. I'm not worried about Zadina.

Reactions: Ulysses31

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Personally, I'm content with what Zadina is doing, but the people you are chastising are disappointed - not writing the guy off.

You say "highest pick the Wings have had in a long time" as though that makes being disappointed even more ridiculous when in fact the very reason people are as disappointed as they are is because of that high draft position. I'd get used to the Zadina critics if I were you - expectations are high.
Being disappointed after two handful of games while he is transitioning from a kids league is ridiculous. But to each their own.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
And I love that 8 points in 13 games is struggling. I love that somehow Zadina is complete garbage because he's scoring over half a point a game. If he was 13 games in and had like 2 points? Okay, that would be worrisome. He's got 8 points on a team that is not an offensive juggernaut.

yeah no kidding

he's got a comparable PPG to two other highly regarded AHL rookies in Necas and Tolvanen right now

except those guys are in their D+2s

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Being disappointed after two handful of games while he is transitioning from a kids league is ridiculous. But to each their own.

Disappointment is relative. Just 2 months ago there was realistic talk of him being an NHL contributor. That’s the perspective people were operating from.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I like how the expectations for Zadina have shifted from "he could join Detroit immediately and contribute" to "he's struggling in the minors, but that's ok"

Maybe you’re new to following prospects, but they don’t always develop in a perfect linear fashion.

So I don’t really see the issue with whatever it is you’re getting at.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Disappointment is relative. Just 2 months ago there was realistic talk of him being an NHL contributor. That’s the perspective people were operating from.
Every facet of life, the universe, is relative. What is happening is knee-jerk and shortsighted.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
2 goals so far today. Just hit the crossbar as well. Looks stronger and more comfortable today

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Appears the kid is starting to feel it. That stick twirl.
tGy7H9.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad