Zadina probably starting out in GR

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
That's what I said.

I'm sorry, but that's insane. A 2nd round winger turning out to be a 0.6 PPG player and certainly a top 6 forward is a MASSIVE failure. What have you even seen in Berggren's game to assume so highly of him?

I mean, I would be disappointed if Berggren underperformed compared to his skill, but just size wise, he's not Mantha. He's not going to be doing the same things that Mantha will do.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
I'm sorry, but that's insane. A 2nd round winger turning out to be a 0.6 PPG player and certainly a top 6 forward is a MASSIVE failure. What have you even seen in Berggren's game to assume so highly of him?

I mean, I would be disappointed if Berggren underperformed compared to his skill, but just size wise, he's not Mantha. He's not going to be doing the same things that Mantha will do.
He wasn't supposed to be a second round pick. He was a steal. I fully expect him to be better than Mantha.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Is he me or does he look shorter than 6 foot? Looks like 5'10"

He measured in at 6’.025” at the combine.

Unless you know the size of everyone else on the ice at the time you’re looking, you should go with that.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
He wasn't supposed to be a second round pick. He was a steal. I fully expect him to be better than Mantha.

But he was a second round pick. I think he was a good pick and will do some good stuff with Detroit, but I can't get on board with being massively disappointed if he scores 0.60 PPG.

Reactions: A Few Good Males

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018

Unless you know the size of everyone else on the ice at the time you’re looking, you should go with that.
If he was 6'.025 at the combine he is 6'.025 now or bigger. He is listed at 5'10 in hockeydb and elite prospects but they haven't updated that in more than a year and he is a growing boy.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
But he was a second round pick. I think he was a good pick and will do some good stuff with Detroit, but I can't get on board with being massively disappointed if he scores 0.60 PPG.
So was Kucherov? What's your point?And I didn't ask you to get on board? You quoted me, remember?

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
what is with the early game time?

Minor League hockey teams (AHL teams usually host 1 per season, ECHL team usually host 1-2 per season) have a special game for schools to bring students to the game (starting time between 10 am-12 pm). Team usually bring in recruiters from local colleges, various kid programs, and provide a free lunch to the kids and teachers and have the kids have a day at the arena. Griffins have been doing this just about every season and it usually falls on the 2nd Wed in Nov (last season was in Jan). Griffins have a pretty good record in these AM games. Kids scream their lungs out.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
So was Kucherov? What's your point?And I didn't ask you to get on board? You quoted me, remember?
cached.imagescaler.hbpl.co-11-20161026120357480.png

Why are you attacking everyone my dude? Smile :)

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Mantha is going to probably top out as a 50-70 point winger which is extremely good, if that's what he develops into, then that's a huge win. Keep your expectations realistic.

No kidding and its not like Mantha is exactly done developing either. Certain posters just like to stir up shit even if it is ridiculous. If our second round winger Berggren is as bad as a guy who put up 24 goals and almost 50 points in his firs full season with the team I think the wings will be alright.

For the record, even with his horrible start and playing on a bad team, Mantha right now is on pace for roughly 28 goals in his second full season. Getting that from a second rounder is a great pick, not a massive disappointment lol

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018

Curious to see what Zadina weighed in at (6'0.25" 196.66 lbs at the combine but listed at 6'0" 183 by elite and db has updated it recently to 196), I just checked what The HockeyWriters claim is a complete list of the size of the players measured there and Berggren wasn't on the list. I don't know if it was an omission by the HockeyWriters or if you are mistaken. Either way he is most likely bigger than 5'10" which he is listed at on hockjeydb and eliteprospects. They haven't updated that since the end of the 15-16 season. Being a late birthday, Berggren is one of the youngest players taken in the draft and is almost a year younger than Zadina so he is more likely to grow more than most of the others.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Mantha is going to probably top out as a 50-70 point winger which is extremely good, if that's what he develops into, then that's a huge win. Keep your expectations realistic.
My expectations are realistic. He will be a better far better player than Mantha. And I will quote this in 2021...

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
Reading this page is like reading a seeing a sequel to a movie where nobody else in the theater has seen the first one. You're reeling them in Jonas.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013

Are you seriously using Kucherov as a barometer of realistic expectations for 2nd round picks? Gee I'll be so disappointed if our 5th and 6th rounders don't turn into Datsyuk and Zetterberg...

And Nyquist is better than Mantha. So like I said I would be very disappointed if his ceiling is inconsistent Mantha....

Mantha has had just as good a start to his NHL career as Nyquist had, with the exception of Nyquist's absolutely anomalous 48 pts in 57 gms in '13-'14. Nyquist is a 40-50 pt player, Mantha is already that... and Nyquist had the benefit of a better team early in his career.

My expectations are realistic. He will be a better far better player than Mantha. And I will quote this in 2021...

Do you think anybody is rooting against Berggren here?!

The only person who seems to have an issue with a player is you with Mantha...

I personally think Mantha is primed for a breakout, he's only 24. Faaaar from guaranteed that Berggren reaches Mantha's level. 6'5" players who skate fast, shoot (extremely) hard, and with soft hands to boot don't exactly grow on trees.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->