Zadina probably starting out in GR

Discussion in 'Detroit Red Wings' started by lhsgolf19, Sep 26, 2018.

1. DATSOMATIC13

DATSOMATIC13 Registered User

SPY/Secret Agent & animal rescue
    Re: Haydn Fleury. Other than basic stats & hearing his name as a good prospect, I know nothing about him. Is he great defensively? What are his strengths & weaknesses? Is he projected as a Top 4? #4/5? or 3rd pairing?

from Dobber:
    Observations

April 2019 – The most inconsistent thing about Fleury’s 2018-19 season was his playing time. On most nights he was Carolina’s seventh defenseman, the next in line to crack one of the best defensive corps in the league. When he did he in the lineup, the former first rounder filled in fairly seamlessly, with consistent bottom pairing minutes in the NHL. He’s certainly not going to be the type of offensive player that he was drafted for in 2014, but Fleury has a solid defensive acumen, an increasingly physical edge and room to grow as he continues to develop on the offensive side of the puck. Kevin LeBlanc

May 2018 – Steady first NHL season for Fleury, who featured in 67 games for the Hurricanes in 2017-18. The club did a good job of managing his minutes count, regularly giving the 21-year-old nights in the press box if his play started to drop in quality. Not a lot of pop for fantasy owners, as Fleury only put up eight points, but there could be some upside as a blocks and hits blue liner in multi-cat leagues down the road. There is still more offense to come, which many times occurs around an NHL defenseman’s third or fourth campaign. Fleury will likely remain as a bottom-two pairing guy for the near future. Kevin LeBlanc

2. Tirekicker

Tirekicker Registered User

All depends on how you feel about Fleury. Personally, I like him and I think he's worth targeting, but I'm not at all convinced he'd be anything more than a good young depth guy. I think we could use a good young depth guy, but I don't feel the need is so great that we should be offering Carolina a top prospect.

DATSOMATIC13 likes this.
  3. Tirekicker

Big body. Very good skater. Isn't blessed with outstanding scoring ability, but, in theory, his all-around game makes up for that. His ultimate potential is probably a minute-munching shutdown guy like DeKeyser.

Analysis: The Case for Haydn Fleury

DATSOMATIC13 likes this.
  4. Gniwder

Gniwder Registered User

Then offer up Svech. (They're both former 1st round picks) This team has plenty of winger prospects, no depth at LD. The team dressed 5 RHD last game including Biega. Throw in Bowey for the heck of it, they need RHD, we need LHD.

DDK is made out of glass, he's injured every year. The team absolutely needs someone to fill in for him. Someone not named Hicketts. I'd take Lashoff over Hicketts.

With DDK injured it's:
    Nemeth-Hronek
    Cholo-McIlrath
    Fleury-Green

Not great by any means, but no garbage players.

5. Tirekicker

I like Svech tho. He is wholesome as heck. :'(

6. Tirekicker

I think someone in the front office doesn't like you.

Gniwder likes this.
  7. Gniwder

Gniwder Registered User

I would hope BigE is playing. If Blash throws Hicketts in for Bowey, then it's probably a wash. Bowey has been terrible.

I would honestly rather have Lashoff, but whatever.

8. Konnan511

Konnan511 Play Pals

Lots of D-Men talk in a thread about a winger prospect.

9. ChrisReevesLegs

ChrisReevesLegs Registered User

Electricians Apprentice
    I don't watch a lot of draft eligible players prior to the draft because reasons. But I absolutely was given the impression that Zadina was a game-breaking talent who we had no shot at getting at #6 overall. Then I watch him play in GR his first year and he's absolute poopoopeepee. Definitely had me (and still does) questioning the Red Wings scouting staff under Holland, as well as so called draft experts in the media.

I will be patient with Zadina, there's still an NHL player in there... but like you say the game-breaking ability is non-existent with him. We would have at least seen flashes of it by now. Disappointing given his draft position.

Ras is a beast, who will be dead lifting 700 lbs and potting 40 goals by the time he's Larkin's age. I consider him untouchable.

ETTHAKING67 and Lil Bert like this.
  10. Henkka

Henkka Registered User

Top Secret
    Last 10 games:

5+5=10 points.

Very consistent scoring.

BinCookin and 13to40 like this.
  11. ChrisReevesLegs

ChrisReevesLegs Registered User

Electricians Apprentice
    He just sat the last game. Anyone know why?

He's scoring a lot of goals the last few games. I think more than 5 of those points were goals in the last 10.

12. Tirekicker

I saw some people on Twitter saying he was seen limping around the arena yesterday, so it's looking like he's hurt. Hopefully it's nothing too serious. Dude was finally starting to catch fire.

13. JIM Johnson

JIM Johnson Registered User

Everyone don't panic with Zadina remember he is still 19 years old and of junior age. Patience, Patience, Patience.

Tirekicker likes this.