Zadina probably starting out in GR

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Re: Haydn Fleury. Other than basic stats & hearing his name as a good prospect, I know nothing about him. Is he great defensively? What are his strengths & weaknesses? Is he projected as a Top 4? #4/5? or 3rd pairing?

from Dobber:
Observations

April 2019 – The most inconsistent thing about Fleury’s 2018-19 season was his playing time. On most nights he was Carolina’s seventh defenseman, the next in line to crack one of the best defensive corps in the league. When he did he in the lineup, the former first rounder filled in fairly seamlessly, with consistent bottom pairing minutes in the NHL. He’s certainly not going to be the type of offensive player that he was drafted for in 2014, but Fleury has a solid defensive acumen, an increasingly physical edge and room to grow as he continues to develop on the offensive side of the puck. Kevin LeBlanc

May 2018 – Steady first NHL season for Fleury, who featured in 67 games for the Hurricanes in 2017-18. The club did a good job of managing his minutes count, regularly giving the 21-year-old nights in the press box if his play started to drop in quality. Not a lot of pop for fantasy owners, as Fleury only put up eight points, but there could be some upside as a blocks and hits blue liner in multi-cat leagues down the road. There is still more offense to come, which many times occurs around an NHL defenseman’s third or fourth campaign. Fleury will likely remain as a bottom-two pairing guy for the near future. Kevin LeBlanc

Tirekicker

Dec 30, 2017
Svech was mentioned because of his brother. Fleury instantly turns the D into NHL level once DDK returns:

DDK-Hronek
Nemeth-Green
Fleury-Cholo

Bowey and McIlrath as spares, Seider takes Green's place next season.

I'd trade any one fo the prospects for Fleury, really don't care which one as long as it's only one plus maybe a lower level prospect or pick.

All depends on how you feel about Fleury. Personally, I like him and I think he's worth targeting, but I'm not at all convinced he'd be anything more than a good young depth guy. I think we could use a good young depth guy, but I don't feel the need is so great that we should be offering Carolina a top prospect.

Reactions: DATSOMATIC13

Tirekicker

Dec 30, 2017
Re: Haydn Fleury. Other than basic stats & hearing his name as a good prospect, I know nothing about him. Is he great defensively? What are his strengths & weaknesses? Is he projected as a Top 4? #4/5? or 3rd pairing?

Big body. Very good skater. Isn't blessed with outstanding scoring ability, but, in theory, his all-around game makes up for that. His ultimate potential is probably a minute-munching shutdown guy like DeKeyser.
https://puckdrop886676486.wordpress.com/2019/11/01/analysis-the-case-for-haydn-fleury/
Analysis: The Case for Haydn Fleury

Reactions: DATSOMATIC13

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
All depends on how you feel about Fleury. Personally, I like him and I think he's worth targeting, but I'm not at all convinced he'd be anything more than a good young depth guy. I think we could use a good young depth guy, but I don't feel the need is so great that we should be offering Carolina a top prospect.
Then offer up Svech. (They're both former 1st round picks) This team has plenty of winger prospects, no depth at LD. The team dressed 5 RHD last game including Biega. Throw in Bowey for the heck of it, they need RHD, we need LHD.

DDK is made out of glass, he's injured every year. The team absolutely needs someone to fill in for him. Someone not named Hicketts. I'd take Lashoff over Hicketts.

With DDK injured it's:
Nemeth-Hronek
Cholo-McIlrath
Fleury-Green

Not great by any means, but no garbage players.

Tirekicker

Dec 30, 2017
Then offer up Svech. (They're both former 1st round picks) This team has plenty of winger prospects, no depth at LD. The team dressed 5 RHD last game including Biega. Throw in Bowey for the heck of it, they need RHD, we need LHD.

DDK is made out of glass, he's injured every year. The team absolutely needs someone to fill in for him. Someone not named Hicketts. I'd take Lashoff over Hicketts.

With DDK injured it's:
Nemeth-Hronek
Cholo-McIlrath
Fleury-Green

Not great by any means, but no garbage players.

I like Svech tho. He is wholesome as heck. :'(

ChrisReevesLegs

Nov 5, 2018
Seattle
I never saw that special quality that merits a #6 pick. Hes a good all around player but doesn't look like he'll have that game breaking quality to him. He's young so you give him time but we don't even see hints of it. He has a good shot but he doesn't play away from the puck well and that's where I worry about his hockey IQ.
I was watching Quinton Hughes tonight and the way that he skates and moves is mesmerizing. A game breaking talent. I'f love Zadina if he was taken 30th, but he hasn't lived up to a #6 pick should be.

I don't watch a lot of draft eligible players prior to the draft because reasons. But I absolutely was given the impression that Zadina was a game-breaking talent who we had no shot at getting at #6 overall. Then I watch him play in GR his first year and he's absolute poopoopeepee. Definitely had me (and still does) questioning the Red Wings scouting staff under Holland, as well as so called draft experts in the media.

I will be patient with Zadina, there's still an NHL player in there... but like you say the game-breaking ability is non-existent with him. We would have at least seen flashes of it by now. Disappointing given his draft position.

And to follow up on trading Svech or Zadina for a D, What is happening with Rasmussen ? Are wings fans ready to give up on him and trade him for a D or he's doing fearly well ?

Ras is a beast, who will be dead lifting 700 lbs and potting 40 goals by the time he's Larkin's age. I consider him untouchable.

Tirekicker

Dec 30, 2017
He just sat the last game. Anyone know why?

He's scoring a lot of goals the last few games. I think more than 5 of those points were goals in the last 10.

I saw some people on Twitter saying he was seen limping around the arena yesterday, so it's looking like he's hurt. Hopefully it's nothing too serious. Dude was finally starting to catch fire.

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
I saw some people on Twitter saying he was seen limping around the arena yesterday, so it's looking like he's hurt. Hopefully it's nothing too serious. Dude was finally starting to catch fire.
Everyone don't panic with Zadina remember he is still 19 years old and of junior age. Patience, Patience, Patience.

Reactions: Tirekicker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad