Player Discussion Zach Parise

Status
Not open for further replies.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Maybe the only vet who has actually played better this season than last season.

Minny Lakes

Apr 4, 2013
Can you imagine the dogpile the Wild would be without Suter and Parise?

It would be ugly.

We would be terrible. Probably in the running for McDavid.
This brings up a good point, the Wild never have truly bottomed out as a team, imagine if they had a top 3 pick for once.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Suter would disagree. He's been fantastic as well.

I agree and disagree to an very minimal extent. Suter's minutes need to be contained and he still has zero business on the top PP line. You have to admit if you're only going to put 1 D on that PP line you have to put Spurgeon and Scandella over him right now, no?

Can you imagine the dogpile the Wild would be without Suter and Parise?

It would be ugly.

Ugly isn't the word I would describe it TBH. Before their signings the season ticket holder accounts were in massive decline and the fanbase only appeared when Twins/Vikings were done. I recall when the Wild were playing, but the Twins were playing for a playoff spot, they were playing the Twins game throughout the concourse instead of the Wild game (granted preseason). And the cheers were because the Twins were going to the playoffs, not because the Wild won the game.

Slick Willy*

He's probably our MVP up and to this point this season. Hardest worker in the NHL night in a night out.

It's really a shame Suter doesn't produce more on the offensive side of things, otherwise he'd be up there as well as MVP of the team so far. Scandella has several game winners as well and has vastly improved.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
Mental stress has got him or..? Has been playing poorly last 10-15 games.

Are you legitimately serious?

9 goals in the last 15 games with 3 assists. So...still the same wonderful Zach that brings his game. Just slightly dependent on not having crappy teammates. Losing Zucker was huge.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
zach cant do it all by himself. if vanek & pommer dont heat up i just dont see a positive outcome.

Pominville has 3 goals in the last 5 games. Vanek has 5 points in his last 5. Vanek is gonna Vanek. Pom is gonna Pom. Koivu has 8 in his last 7? Something like that. So, we're just looking for Coyle and Granlund, as well. But that also goes with getting 2nd PP unit more than :20.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
zach's the only one of the 3 with a shot at 30G which 30 was my projection for pommer & vanek as well as parise. just because they've scored a couple lately doesnt mean their hot with 12G each on the year. im focused on pommer & vanek because i just dont see granlund or coyle stepping up big time.

Henri M

Dec 12, 2012
We would be terrible. Probably in the running for McDavid.
This brings up a good point, the Wild never have truly bottomed out as a team, imagine if they had a top 3 pick for once.

These kind of hypotheticals are as dumb as the day is long in Norway during June.
Everyone who has watched hockey (or any other team sport for that matter) for more than 2 days know that when certain roles need to be filled there are usually players who fill those roles.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
These kind of hypotheticals are as dumb as the day is long in Norway during June.
Everyone who has watched hockey (or any other team sport for that matter) for more than 2 days know that when certain roles need to be filled there are usually players who fill those roles.

That was a quote from 2 months ago when the Wild really were getting to compete in the McDavid running.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
no goals = no wins. parise works his tush off all the time , i wish that was true for everyone else. cough coyle; cough granlund; cough koivu etc.

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
Well, I legitimately disagree with you all. Yeah, he works hard, but isn't really generating chances like I'm used to see from him. He's chipped a few goals in, like he usually does, even when playing poorly. Doesn't mean he's been on his game.

Maybe it's just me but I don't feel the urge to write the word 'relatively' in every post. He's been playing relatively poorly.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I actually agree, but more so for like the last 5 or so games. I haven't noticed him much at all to be honest, but maybe that's just me.

Eye Floater

Feb 3, 2009
USA
Well, I legitimately disagree with you all. Yeah, he works hard, but isn't really generating chances like I'm used to see from him. He's chipped a few goals in, like he usually does, even when playing poorly. Doesn't mean he's been on his game.

Maybe it's just me but I don't feel the urge to write the word 'relatively' in every post. He's been playing relatively poorly.

I agree, he hasn't been very good lately. He doesn't seem as aggressive as normal. He's been good for an empty net goal here and there, but beyond that he hasn't been too noticeable lately.

On another note, he is a pretty bad passer. Might be the worst on the team in that regard. Most of his passes are either in someone's skates or are a turnover.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I agree, he hasn't been very good lately. He doesn't seem as aggressive as normal. He's been good for an empty net goal here and there, but beyond that he hasn't been too noticeable lately.

On another note, he is a pretty bad passer. Might be the worst on the team in that regard. Most of his passes are either in someone's skates or are a turnover.

I really hope you aren't serious...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad