Player Discussion Zach Parise

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If there was a Parise clone, would you sign him at the very same terms (98M) that Zach signed for, assuming that he was the same age(28?) that Zach was when he signed?

Only if he's a C. If not, then no. Can't afford that.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
I would absolutely do it. Even if he's no use on the team, the decline of the bee population worldwide makes it a solid investment.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Pierre from game 1: "You spell leadership P-A-R-I-S-E."

Thoughts on making this guy the captain of the Minnesota Wild?

Would he accept that if Koivu was still here? I don't think that he would take it unless Koivu gives it to him.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Pierre from game 1: "You spell leadership P-A-R-I-S-E."

Thoughts on making this guy the captain of the Minnesota Wild?

Will happen after the 2017-2018 season, when Koivus contract ends. I'm pretty sure of that. I don't think that it matters currently if you have a C or A or a letter at all on your chest, but that will probably happen when Koivus contract is over.

I personally dont give a flying duck who has the C.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
He said when he signed he won't.

Then why is this still going on? To me he seems like a good/great guy and wouldn't accept it while Koivu is still here.

Every player knows who he is and how important he is already with A on his chest.

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
Which is exactly why this line of conversation is a pretty pointless and wasteful exercise in beating a dead horse whenever it's brought up.

[mod]

Would be funny, if Koivu signs for another 3 years after 2018. :laugh:;)

Last edited by a moderator:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
[mod]

Would be funny, if Koivu signs for another 3 years after 2018. :laugh:;)

I'd guess he takes a new 2-3 year deal when his contract is up, but ofcourse with much less. Then he may very well ask Parise to take the lead.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bookman

Feb 27, 2002
frozen north
Visit site
When you have guys like Parise and Suter wearing the A instead of the C, you are in great shape.

It is actually convenient to have Mikko wear the C, beacuse Parise and Suter are both equally worthy, so there is no problem choosing one over the other.

We'll just roll with the Wild all-time leading scorer.

Slick Willy*

Was just thinking about him last night on the golf course. Realizing he's younger than me and losing his father - I still have my father - I'm sure he let it all out after the other night's game regarding his dad.

I know Zach will play equally hard next season and eventually will go down as a Minnesota sports legend and maybe the greatest Wild player of all time.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Was just thinking about him last night on the golf course. Realizing he's younger than me and losing his father - I still have my father - I'm sure he let it all out after the other night's game regarding his dad.

I know Zach will play equally hard next season and eventually will go down as a Minnesota sports legend and maybe the greatest Wild player of all time.

I couldn't even imagine losing a parent during the grind of an NHL season. Hope he enjoys a much deserved offseason.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il

Zachs a great player, no doubt.

But IMO, Gabby was better.

Slick Willy*

Zachs a great player, no doubt.

But IMO, Gabby was better.

Yeah. I think though when everything is taken into account and the fact that Parise actually sought out the Wild (and the state and local community) to dedicate the rest of his career to and to retire at (we all assume he will retire here - unless he pulls a Jagr or Howe) he will probably go down as better overall at least in the minds and hearts of Minnesotans.

Gaborik is to this day my favorite Wild of all time but I have to say both Suter and Parise are creeping up on him in that in my personal hero category.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
From a pure goal scoring perspective, definitely. And I'd take Gabby in his prime over Zach in his prime, but I just love Zach's game so much more. :laugh:

I don't know. Both primes had pretty much the same production. Only thing is one is more electric/dynamic, the other was elite all 200 feet.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
If I had a choice, knowing how their careers would turn out, between drafting Gabby or Parise, I'd pick Parise pretty easily. Gaborik was a great goal-scorer, the best the Wild has ever seen, but Parise is fantastic defensively, forechecks more than Gabby, is a leader, and most of all - Parise didn't spend a ton of his 20s on IR. I loved watching Gabby play, but I hated how often he'd hurt his groin from playing hackey-sack or something minute like that and then he'd miss a week. I'd rather have someone with a complete game like Parise that will give you a 30+30 season while only missing a couple games over someone like Gabby that could give you a 30+30 season while missing 20 games.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

In case you guys forgot all 37 goals from the hometown hero ;) Posted 5 days ago.

Edit: interesting notes:
3:23 Parise scores a shootout goal on Dubnyk
5:25 listen to what the Detroit commentator says

Last edited:

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Reported by MN Wild, too.

Parise week-to-week with sprained MCL after collision with James Neal.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
Reported by MN Wild, too.

Parise week-to-week with sprained MCL after collision with James Neal.

Could have been worse. This is about a 4-6 week injury. Then factor in getting back into game shape. The pessimistic Minnesota sports fan in me is preparing for the annual November-December melt down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->