Player Discussion Zach Parise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slick Willy*

It's only a few games. There need to be other players to step up and make this engine go at times. Parise gives more than any other player in the league night in and night out - he's just a horse. Can't do it all the time.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Well, hopefully just a few games. Seems unknown at this point what the extent of hte injury is (don't even know what it is at all)

Jacques The Mayor

Aug 29, 2011
wastings mn
Any reason not to go with Vanek-Granlund-Pominville?

Despite both of them outplaying him? Especially when Zucker is playing the same style as Parise albeit a less tenacious version? Basically only yeolo logic. But I could also see this as opportunity to spark Vanek which would be nice. Gonna be interesting to see which way he goes. Maybe wildcard style with Veillux on there. I wonder if someone could Photoshop yeos face on the Charlie from it's always sunny's wildcard photo.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Despite both of them outplaying him? Especially when Zucker is playing the same style as Parise albeit a less tenacious version? Basically only yeolo logic. But I could also see this as opportunity to spark Vanek which would be nice. Gonna be interesting to see which way he goes. Maybe wildcard style with Veillux on there. I wonder if someone could Photoshop yeos face on the Charlie from it's always sunny's wildcard photo.

And subsequently put Vanek back with Koivu and mess his game again? Because we all know Nino wouldn't be promoted even if all other wingers caught the same disease as Ballard.

Vanek with Pominville and Granlund has to be at least tried out. If it works, you put Parise with Koivu when he comes back. If it doesn't work, then Vanek will have to play in the bottom 6 at even strength.

Last edited:

MrRuin

Sponsor
Apr 7, 2004
Somewhere in time
Per Russo, Vanek will take Parise's spot on the top line, as well he should considering his history with Poms.

Vanek is a delicate player and unfortunately needs the right linemates to really click. While he did produce so far everyone could see that he is not playing to his full potential - like he did in NY or Buffalo.

If this line works the coaching staff will have to deal with a difficult decision once Parise is back and ready to go again.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Per Russo, Vanek will take Parise's spot on the top line, as well he should considering his history with Poms.

Vanek is a delicate player and unfortunately needs the right linemates to really click. While he did produce so far everyone could see that he is not playing to his full potential - like he did in NY or Buffalo.

If this line works the coaching staff will have to deal with a difficult decision once Parise is back and ready to go again.
Parise-Haula-Nino isn't a bad 2nd/3rd line.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I would think if Vanek works on the top line, you go:

Vanek-Granlund-Pominville
Parise-Koivu-Coyle (even though we all know Nino should be here)
Zucker-Haula-Nino
Cooke-Brodziak-Fontaine

Another idea could be

Parise-Granlund-Vanek
Zucker-Koivu-Pominville
Nino-Haula-Coyle
Cooke-Brodziak-Fontaine

JudgeJimmie

Oct 5, 2013
Rochester, MN
Actually, another idea I had:

Parise-Koivu-Zucker
Nino-Haula-Coyle
Cooke-Brodziak-Fontaine

Assuming there is chemistry on the top line, you can double down on the speed on Koivu's line.

:sarcasm:... Play through the headaches I say!

If you're going for speed maybe..

Zucker-Koivu-Fontaine
Nino-Haula-Coyle
Cooke-Brodziak-Carter

or flip Koivu and Haula, then you have the Speed line and the Big Line

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Actually, another idea I had:

Parise-Koivu-Zucker
Nino-Haula-Coyle
Cooke-Brodziak-Fontaine

Assuming there is chemistry on the top line, you can double down on the speed on Koivu's line.

That top 9 is what I'd like to see as well. Killer third line. Think Zucker would balance out Parise and Koivu nicely. Vanek & Pominville belong together. For a few years they were the non-blood related version of the Sedins.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
just please don't try to play through it if you feel 80% right or whatever.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I hate to lose Parise but I also love to see Pominville wearing the 'A'

I hate not having the best forward out there, but this may be what the team needs to find that next step to win without him. I would rather Parise supplement the scoring and defense as opposed to needing to be an integral part of the team actually working. Last year around this time it was like the 3rd and 4th lines were just out there to eat minutes while the top 2 lines caught their breaths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad