Zach Hyman will have hearing - Update: Suspended 2 games (Mod warning in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Hyman had 0 contact to the head. All these hits are late... and that's it

And it doesn't matter how you view the Wilson hit the league had to reason to suspend then and have no reason to suspend Hyman now

We are talking about the Tom Wilson hit that someone brought up as an example what is not suspended.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
If the league allows hits that are 0.5 seconds late like your saying, then that really just makes Hymans hit an interference penalty by 0.4 seconds if it was 0.9 seconds late, so your actually supporting my narrative

The league doesn't allow 0.5. 0.5 is the threshold for supplemental. 0.75 is considered very late and nearly a guaranteed of action taken. 0.9 means the guy is guilty and the sentence is the only question. Tom Wilson gets 10 games for that

Reactions: Oates2Neely

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
The league doesn't allow 0.5. 0.5 is the threshold for supplemental. 0.75 is considered very late and nearly a guaranteed of action taken. 0.9 means the guy is guilty and the sentence is the only question. Tom Wilson gets 10 games for that
Hits a second late happen all the time. Usually the defenseman doesn't have his head in his ass though and both players are looking to bump.

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
Hyman’s trying to play physical, pushed the envelope a little too far.

I buy arguments for “on ice penalty was fine” and “1-2 game suspension”.

This is one of those cases where reasonable people can disagree on outcome.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
These threads are always so predictable.
Fans of the offending players team always search the internet and bring up other hits that didn’t get punished. Or other plays that happened during the same game. And then complain their player is being treated unfairly.
It’s a dirty hit. The refs saw it that way and so did most non Leaf fans. He deserves a suspension whether or not the NHL got the other calls right.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
Fine maybe a game for the late hit. question is how many games will Wagner get for his predatory hit to Rielly?

The answer seems to be none for Wagner. He was penalized for charging and given a misconduct which they’ve determined is enough.

Hyman maybe a fine or 1 game max is my prediction.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Didn't get an answer earlier, how long is McAvoy out for? Back on the IR with a concussion from this?

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
Hits a second late happen all the time. Usually the defenseman doesn't have his head in his ass though and both players are looking to bump.
can you provide some video of these hits or is this hyperbole. 1 second late is very late by nhl standards

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Fine maybe a game for the late hit. question is how many games will Wagner get for his predatory hit to Rielly?

Every good hit is predatory, unless you simply overwhelm your opponent like Ovechkin or Byfuglien.

This garbage needs to get out of the hockey fan's vocabulary faster than "blindside". Every single defenseman who has ever stepped up on someone in the neutral zone is acting on an aggressive instinct.

If it was delivered within the rules, and it appears to have been, hush and find your dignity.

Reactions: txpd

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
If the league would deal more harshly with late hits and other egregious plays the players would adapt. The league has to decide if it wants to move past the gladiator mentality if it wants to force late hits and head shots out of the game.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
Didn't get an answer earlier, how long is McAvoy out for? Back on the IR with a concussion from this?

I don’t think anything has been definitively determined yet. He was back on the bench but they’re going to test him a couple more times. I think they should sit him for a game or two just to be safe though.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
can you provide some video of these hits or is this hyperbole. 1 second late is very late by nhl standards
They're so frequent it's not worth noting or posting to YouTube .

Backes had one last night on Ozhiganov (where Backes went down). Nothing play that did not damage, both players were expecting contact. It's at the end of one of the Wagner/Hainsey fight clips.

Sadly McAvoy isn't expecting contact here and is a vulnerable spot. It's later than ideal, without question, but let's not pretend anythjng after .75 seconds is a guaranteed suspension regardless of the outcome.

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown
These threads are always so predictable.
Fans of the offending players team always search the internet and bring up other hits that didn’t get punished. Or other plays that happened during the same game. And then complain their player is being treated unfairly.
It’s a dirty hit. The refs saw it that way and so did most non Leaf fans. He deserves a suspension whether or not the NHL got the other calls right.
retweet

Reactions: WetcoastOrca
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad