Zach Hyman will have hearing - Update: Suspended 2 games (Mod warning in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
There's a penalty for hitting a guy without the puck. It's 2 minutes and called interference.

Suspend everyone that gets a 2 minute minor.

Maybe. But here we see the NHL seeming Backes a suspension for interference.

They are all over the place so who knows what happens.

Hyman’s hit was late and blindside. It’s worthy of a suspension. I don’t know if he gets one.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
The DoPS is really trying to set some sort of standard this year and they are suspending a lot more players. They do not always get it right but they are definitely becoming more consistent and reliable. If Hyman gets another game or two I would consider that too be a bit too much but at least the DoPS is doing something.

The officiating on the other hand is a complete joke and the refs need to be held accountable to someone.

DoPS is trying to set a standard, but I feel like they’re still figuring out what it is haha.

Ref comment totally agree with. There is zero consistency.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Honest question. Do you not know what the difference between Backes, Wilson and Reaves hits was? Do you think they were identical plays?

It’s not for me to know the difference or for you.

It’s up to DoPS ...

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
I think it is cute that you think Bruins fans are some bastion of upstanding conversation and rationality. The 20 some Bruins fans that got tossed on the ignore for wishing injury to Matthews and Marner last night go strictly against this picture you are painting though :laugh: But if you want a rational conversation I am game....I don't think the Wagner hit was dirty at all, 2 minutes for charging is fine. I thought the Hyman hit was obviously late but clean otherwise and 2 minutes would have been fine or 5 doesn't really matter to me. I do not think that is a suspendable hit though. Might just be me holding onto the physicality hockey used to have but it more so makes me sad that this is a suspension in hockey more then angry.

I think the reason for the hearing is because of the perceived outcome of the hits. One player bounced right back up, another didn’t. Not saying that is the correct way to address it from the DoPS standpoint, but that’s what I am assuming is the case.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

stampedingviking

Jul 2, 2013
Basingstoke, England
I think it is cute that you think Bruins fans are some bastion of upstanding conversation and rationality. The 20 some Bruins fans that got tossed on the ignore for wishing injury to Matthews and Marner last night go strictly against this picture you are painting though :laugh: But if you want a rational conversation I am game....I don't think the Wagner hit was dirty at all, 2 minutes for charging is fine. I thought the Hyman hit was obviously late but clean otherwise and 2 minutes would have been fine or 5 doesn't really matter to me. I do not think that is a suspendable hit though. Might just be me holding onto the physicality hockey used to have but it more so makes me sad that this is a suspension in hockey more then angry.
How many Leafs fans have been put on ignore because of the glee shown when McAvoy got hurt?

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Don't put a video of the replay. It'd only ruin the version of it that I've made up in my head.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
I think the reason for the hearing is because of the perceived outcome of the hits. One player bounced right back up, another didn’t. Not saying that is the correct way to address it from the DoPS standpoint, but that’s what I am assuming is the case.

And that's exactly how the NHL has rolled for years now. It's absolutely ridiculous but that's how they determine if someone should be suspended. You could pull a gun on someone on the ice and as long as you miss, no problem.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Didnt Reaves set a precedent recently with his hit on Wilson?

And that hit was later, from the blindside and got 5 and a game during the game.

Under the rules of that extremely recent ruling, I'm sure Hyman will not get any supplemental discipline. Player safety cares about all the players and doesnt play politics right?

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
1 - Blindside hits are totally legal in the NHL, people have got to stop bringing this up

2 - Please can someone point out exactly how this hit is different than Reaves?

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Of all the chippiness in the game, Hyman hit I thought would draw the most attention from player safety. It was clearly a late hit, saw A report safety allows up to .6 secs late and it was a full 1 sec late. From the angle I couldnt see if he got elbow in the face or chin or not....albeit you could see it go up. Guessing he gets 1 game at most. Can’t allow stuff like that in any game vs any players.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
He makes a pretty obvious jump, but doesn't connect. Tough to argue he deserves anything more for missing his cheap shot.

What's his injury?
Pretty obvious jump? He didn't jump at all and didn't leave his feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad