Zach Hyman will have hearing - Update: Suspended 2 games (Mod warning in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ManwithNoIdentity

dwright5314

Jul 10, 2017
New Hampshire
Probably going to be 2 games. If McAvoy is out from this hit, that's a win for the Leafs having a 10-goal scorer suspended for a couple.

member 147413

Honestly who cares. The officiating is shit, the department of player safety is shit. There’s no consistency or accountability. Any outcome here is meaningless.

When in the same game there’s multiple hits that were much later or plays with intent to injure occur, what kind of message are they hoping to send?

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Good. He should get the extra 3 games that Kadri should have gotten last year.

Toronto can't lose a game to the Bruins without throwing a cheapshot. Zaitsev should get a fine for the slewfoots too.

Reactions: Neely2005

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Surprised it got a hearing. It was very late to an unsuspecting guy, but it wasn't at the head. While its dirty and premeditated and whatever this doesn't seem like the hit that has gotten supplemental discipline before. Don't get me wrong... it probably *should* get a hearing near the boards that late and what not, but just wasn't expecting based on history.

Steve

Mar 6, 2002
Must admit I’m a little surprised. Figured call on the ice would have been sufficient. I didn’t like the hit but not sure it need supplemental discipline. It was late, no doubt however.

We will see

Reactions: FishManSam

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I think it would be ridiculous if this leads to a suspension.

It's a penalty... Not a suspension. The hit was 4 tenths of a second late. It's interference, and a 2 minute penalty.

It was not 4 tenths of a second late. 6 tenths is the standard. This was between 9/10ths and a second. Come on.

StupidityKills

Dec 4, 2006
Edmonton, Alberta
Its a late hit, no doubt. Penalty? Yes. Misconduct? Sure.

But suspension? Lmao you gotta be kidding me
Point is that it's one of those unnecessary and obviously intentional hits that could lead to a head injury, which has been all over the news the last few years. Hyman had plenty of time to decide whether or not to make the hit, and he made the wrong choice and deserves whatever punishment the league decides on.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Point is that it's one of those unnecessary and obviously intentional hits that could lead to a head injury, which has been all over the news the last few years. Hyman had plenty of time to decide whether or not to make the hit, and he made the wrong choice and deserves whatever punishment the league decides on.

I see late hits all the time. There's a penalty for it in "Interference".

Just because McAvaoy happened to be completely admiring his pass and not bracing for any contact, theres nothing Hyman can do there.

It wasnt a head shot or a flying elbow. It was literally a body to body blow, but it was late. Your gonna suspend someone for that?

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Must admit I’m a little surprised. Figured call on the ice would have been sufficient. I didn’t like the hit but not sure it need supplemental discipline. It was late, no doubt however.

We will see

No. This week Bobby Mac said about the Reaves Wilson thing that the NHL considers anything over 0.5 seconds to be late. Anything over 0.75 to be very late. Reaves was just over 0.5. They let him slide. This hit is nearly a full second late.

Reactions: Neely2005

Saltcreek

Nov 23, 2016
Its a late hit, no doubt. Penalty? Yes. Misconduct? Sure.

But suspension? Lmao you gotta be kidding me

The DoPS is really trying to set some sort of standard this year and they are suspending a lot more players. They do not always get it right but they are definitely becoming more consistent and reliable. If Hyman gets another game or two I would consider that too be a bit too much but at least the DoPS is doing something.

The officiating on the other hand is a complete joke and the refs need to be held accountable to someone.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
No. This week Bobby Mac said about the Reaves Wilson thing that the NHL considers anything over 0.5 seconds to be late. Anything over 0.75 to be very late. Reaves was just over 0.5. They let him slide. This hit is nearly a full second late.

100%. Hyman doesn't even think about throwing the hit until the puck is gone. He knows the player is extremely vulnerable and he knows the game is out of reach. Now the dirtbag can sit.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
100%. Hyman doesn't even think about throwing the hit until the puck is gone. He knows the player is extremely vulnerable and he knows the game is out of reach. Now the dirtbag can sit.

So I guess if this is precedent, Wagner's hearing should be coming.

All this time I was saying neither should be suspended but if they gonna Suspend Hyman was a late hit, then they should suspend [MOD]Wagner for an attempted headshot? Am i right?

Last edited by a moderator:

StupidityKills

Dec 4, 2006
Edmonton, Alberta
I see late hits all the time. There's a penalty for it in "Interference".

Just because McAvaoy happened to be completely admiring his pass and not bracing for any contact, theres nothing Hyman can do there.

It wasnt a head shot or a flying elbow. It was literally a body to body blow, but it was late. Your gonna suspend someone for that?

It's nearly twice as late as the NHL allows. Not sure how you can defend that? It deserves a suspension just for how dumb and unnecessary it was.

Should players be braced for contact at all times? Or is it reasonable to assume that you won't be laid out with a super late hit every time? There is a lot Hyman can do there, and it starts with using his brain to recognize that he shouldn't make a bad late hit. He's obviously mad about getting blown out and made a bad choice.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
So I guess if this is precedent, Wagner's hearing should be coming.

All this time I was saying neither should be suspended but if they gonna Suspend Hyman was a late hit, then they should suspend that dirty Prick Wagner for an attempted headshot? Am i right?

Nope. Wrong, like usual. Attempted head shot lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->