Zach Hyman will have hearing - Update: Suspended 2 games (Mod warning in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
I see late hits all the time. There's a penalty for it in "Interference".

Just because McAvaoy happened to be completely admiring his pass and not bracing for any contact, theres nothing Hyman can do there.

It wasnt a head shot or a flying elbow. It was literally a body to body blow, but it was late. Your gonna suspend someone for that?

They did for Backes. 3 games

But not for Wilson or Reaves last year.

Who knows with the NHL.

It’s definitelty suspension worthy though

Territory

Jan 31, 2014
Toronto
I wish folks could have an actual discussion without a “well, your guy was worse” defense. Happens in sports and politics all the time. “Yeah, but...”

For Chrissake, grow a pair and take a stand. Head shots and cheap shots need to be dealt with regardless of the team involved.

Leaf fan here.

Hit was late and blind side. Suspension worthy.

Next topic.

There's a penalty for hitting a guy without the puck. It's 2 minutes and called interference.

Suspend everyone that gets a 2 minute minor.

Reactions: smack66

Mattavarner

Apr 17, 2014
Not surprised the league got it wrong
Whats worse, a hit that was half a second late that should have been a 2 minute interference penalty and nothing more? Or a deliberate retaliatory hit with clear intent to injure.
Suspend everyone who takes an interference penalty, that is the precedent set here

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
So I guess if this is precedent, Wagner's hearing should be coming.

All this time I was saying neither should be suspended but if they gonna Suspend Hyman was a late hit, then they should suspend that dirty Prick Wagner for an attempted headshot? Am i right?

You're wrong. Wagner's hit was clean and there is no hearing. "Attempted headshot" lolz.

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada
Whats worse, a hit that was half a second late that should have been a 2 minute interference penalty and nothing more? Or a deliberate retaliatory hit with clear intent to injure.
Suspend everyone who takes an interference penalty, that is the precedent set here

It's been said multiple times that the hit was .9 seconds late which is double what the league allows but continue cherry picking for your narrative.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Surprised it got a hearing. It was very late to an unsuspecting guy, but it wasn't at the head. While its dirty and premeditated and whatever this doesn't seem like the hit that has gotten supplemental discipline before. Don't get me wrong... it probably *should* get a hearing near the boards that late and what not, but just wasn't expecting based on history.
Actually interference is one of the more common reasons for suspensions. There have been 17 in the last 3 years.

Mattavarner

Apr 17, 2014
It's been said multiple times that the hit was .9 seconds late which is double what the league allows but continue cherry picking for your narrative.
If the league allows hits that are 0.5 seconds late like your saying, then that really just makes Hymans hit an interference penalty by 0.4 seconds if it was 0.9 seconds late, so your actually supporting my narrative

Saekk

Jul 25, 2017
Shouldn't really surprise anyone with functional eyesight.

Mattavarner

Apr 17, 2014
No you don't get to change the rules to fit your narrative. 0-.5 seconds is acceptable, anything over that isn't. It's really not that hard to understand and you shouldn't need someone to explain it to you.
not sure what about my post you didn't get, but oh well
Give Hyman a fine then, not his fault McAvoy has a glass jaw

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada
Both were interference. What's the difference? Instead of insulting me maybe try and explain what you think the difference is.
No it wasn't at all and you thinking it was won't change that. Kronwall and Matthews were fighting for space and Matthews lifted his leg to reach forward and got nailed. Matthews knew Kronwall was there, Mcavoy had no idea Hyman was coming. See the difference?

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I'll explain the differences here. McAvoy didn't have the puck. He was no longer in the play. This is illegal. Reilly HAD the puck and Wagner hit him in the chest. This is not illegal. No matter how many times you say it
Wagner got a charging penalty, so there's that. why are you trying to spin it into a clean hit?

Last edited by a moderator:

Territory

Jan 31, 2014
Toronto
No it wasn't at all and you thinking it was won't change that. Kronwall and Matthews were fighting for space and Matthews lifted his leg to reach forward and got nailed. Matthews knew Kronwall was there, Mcavoy had no idea Hyman was coming. See the difference?

Matthews didn't have the puck and got hit. Interference.

McAvoy didn't have the puck and got hit.

So you believe that because McAvoy was completely unaware of his surroundings, it makes it worse and suspendable?

That's a pretty fine line right there, and I highly disagree that should be the difference between a 2 minute penalty and a suspension.

stampedingviking

Jul 2, 2013
Basingstoke, England
One was clearly late, dirty and totally unnecessary whilst the other was borderline clean and a very good but hard hit.

The former is rightly getting a hearing.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
It hit him in the chest and then rolled up to the head. This is a legal hit. You should take a couple plays off, you're doing yourself a disservice with your temper tantrum in this thread.

Temper tantrum lmao good one. Take those black and yellow goggles off

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
[mod]

The hit was late, it was called for interference. 5 minutes was harsh but with how the game was played it made sense, plus you could argue it was a dangerous distance to the boards. So 5 minutes + game misconduct is justified.

Now considering it was a hit square to the chest, clean other than being a tad late, it shouldnt be suspendable. The call on the ice was fine, any more is overkill. For McAvoy's sake, he shouldnt be admiring his pass. Even if it is half a second late (going by the weird 0.6 s cutoff for a clean hit) he should be prepared.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad