Zach Hyman will have hearing - Update: Suspended 2 games (Mod warning in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

razkaz

Oct 3, 2013
Doesn’t matter that Hyman hasn’t been dirty in the past...it was a dirty play. Also, I’m not sure what Marchand has to do with Hyman?

By your logic, I’m an upstanding citizen, with no record. So, if I went and assaulted someone out of the blue, I shouldn’t be subject to punishment, because I never did it before?

Makes no sense. Do the crime, do the time.

I would say that the very “nature” of an NHL player is to score goals, not take physical contact.

I work in Sales, so maybe this analogy will work better for you. If I had no previous criminal record and suddenly decided to embezzle funds, should I not be subject to punishment because I had never done it before?
Not to derail the thread, but your analogy of committing a crime with no prior record and not totally accurate. There is such a thing as reduced sentences depending on the severity of the crime as a first time offender which is usually more lenient.

Let's just hope the NHL stays consistent with what is considered a suspension and what isn't. I really wish they went away with the whole suspension being based on injury rather than the intent of the actions, but that would make too much sense for this league

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Good. It was actually a dangerous hit.
as was the predatory hit on Rielly, if that Bruin would've connected Rielly would certainly been out and yet not even a phone call from player safety?

I'm not condoning what Hyman did as the hit was late, but 2 games for a first time offender, a little much no? The league has to display at least some level of consistency, a game would have been sufficient

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Not to derail the thread, but your analogy of committing a crime with no prior record and not totally accurate. There is such a thing as reduced sentences depending on the severity of the crime as a first time offender which is usually more lenient.

Let's just hope the NHL stays consistent with what is considered a suspension and what isn't. I really wish they went away with the whole suspension being based on injury rather than the intent of the actions, but that would make too much sense for this league

Intent? If anything the scores shows the intent.

Reactions: Bruinsfan88

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Watched it back a few times and yeah, shouldn’t be a suspension.

It was at most 1 second late, so I understand a penalty, and McAvoy acted like he died, so I sorta get the 5/game.

But an additional two games on top?

Rubbish compared to everything else that’s happened the past week with no calls

1 second late is about twice the amount of time the NHL allows after a late hit (0.5 seconds) so a hit being a second late is actually very late.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
as was the predatory hit on Rielly, if that Bruin would've connected Rielly would certainly been out and yet not even a phone call from player safety?

I'm not condoning what Hyman did as the hit was late, but 2 games for a first time offender, a little much no? The league has to display at least some level of consistency, a game would have been sufficient

Reilly hit was predatory? ... in some way all bodychecks are. Was it to send a message? Yes. Was it dirty? No

Wagner did not aim for the head, raise his elbow, jump at him, hit him late etc

Reilly better watch where he is going and he did ....thats why he didnt get smashed.

What Hyman did was totally different and not a hockey play...suspension warranted

Takasugi

Dec 7, 2018
Someone should start a "are the bruins tough enough for the playoffs" thread. Hopefully if the bruins make the playoffs Hyman drills macavoy again for staring at his pass. Hope this doesn't deter him from finishing his checks and hopefully macavoy will one day learn to take a check.

Bruinsfan88

Jan 9, 2012
New Hampshire
Someone should start a "are the bruins tough enough for the playoffs" thread. Hopefully if the bruins make the playoffs Hyman drills macavoy again for staring at his pass. Hope this doesn't deter him from finishing his checks and hopefully macavoy will one day learn to take a check.

This is hilarious seeing a Leafs fan talk about the playoffs...

Reactions: OV and Pia8988

Bruinsfan88

Jan 9, 2012
New Hampshire

Because the leafs fanbase actually thinks that McAvoy needs to brace for and expect an illegal hit next time. How crazy is that? And a thread titled "are the Bruins tough enough for the playoffs?" How about "Can the leafs get past the Bruins finally?" Can't win at the Garden. We didn't even have Chara or Bergeron and you just lost 6-3 and you're worried about if the Bruins are tough enough? Short memory you guys have, yet you already think you have the cup in the bag this year. Good luck.

Reactions: strictlyrandy

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa

Wagner didn't fully connect. Hyman did. Wagners hit wasn't late. Hymans hit was late. Thats why there was no call to Wagner. Seems straight forward to me.

Reactions: rocketdan9

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Because the leafs fanbase actually thinks that McAvoy needs to brace for and expect an illegal hit next time. How crazy is that? And a thread titled "are the Bruins tough enough for the playoffs?" How about "Can the leafs get past the Bruins finally?" Can't win at the Garden. We didn't even have Chara or Bergeron and you just lost 6-3 and you're worried about if the Bruins are tough enough? Short memory you guys have, yet you already think you have the cup in the bag this year. Good luck.
You seem to be projecting quite a bit. I didn't say any of these things.

Takasugi

Dec 7, 2018
Wagner didn't fully connect. Hyman did. Wagners hit wasn't late. Hymans hit was late. Thats why there was no call to Wagner. Seems straight forward to me.

Wagners didnt connect bc rielly isnt an idiot like Mcavoy. Rielly was able to protect himself as much as he could considering how predatory and dirty the attempt was. If wagner connected, rielly woulda been knocked out cold.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

It is...but some leafs fans and other bruins hater wear special glasses

Lack of objectivity

BostonBruins11

Dec 4, 2010
Moncton, N.B.

maybe players should install rear helmet cams with visor screens to protect themselves from blindside hits

Takasugi

Dec 7, 2018
maybe players should install rear helmet cams with visor screens to protect themselves from blindside hits

Most people just turn their head and use peripheral vision. But ya, please install that camera into macavoys head since he cant use his common sense to protect himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad