Zach Hyman will have hearing - Update: Suspended 2 games (Mod warning in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I don't really have any issue with Hyman getting a couple games, but the fact he sits while Wagner doesn't even get a hearing doesn't sit well at all with me. Hyman's hit was reckless and deserved to be punished. Wagner's was pre-meditated and predatory which is objectively worse.

Or the fact that Matthews was buried in a very vulernable position by Kronwall literally the previous game with nothing.

Like most people, I accept the punishment against my players when they do something bad, I'd just like to see some consistency.

smd333

May 2, 2012
I don't like the suspension at all

It seems they are factoring in injury history. When you make suspensions based on injury history and based off whether a player gets injured on specific plays you are down an idiotic road. This is interference. It's dirty. It's not suspension worthy

I think I'm going to amend this. When I saw it in game I thought it was a late hit, but it's actually a reallllly late hit. As long as DoPS stays consistent on the dealing with late hits I'll be ok with it.

Last edited:

JurequeparJuraj

Feb 20, 2013
by the sea
McAvoy sure likes to look his passes..not the first time something like this happens..He'll get surprise like this again if he doesn't protect himself

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I can't believe we have 21 pages on a 10-15 goal scorer getting suspended for two games lol

Something tells me the logo has a lot to do with it.
Yet here you both are contributing to the thread.

Intent to injur. Hyman knew what he was doing. He’s a rat player tried injuring a young stud dman back from a long layoff due to concussion. DOPS nailed this one
You clearly have no idea who Hyman is as a player if you think he's a rat.

Reactions: Loosie

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
DOPS proves itself to be a joke once again. Whether you believe Hyman deserved a suspension or not is irrelevant. It's the total lack of consistency. Meh, it is what it is.

Reactions: Rob Brown

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Doesn’t matter that Hyman hasn’t been dirty in the past...it was a dirty play. Also, I’m not sure what Marchand has to do with Hyman?

By your logic, I’m an upstanding citizen, with no record. So, if I went and assaulted someone out of the blue, I shouldn’t be subject to punishment, because I never did it before?

Makes no sense. Do the crime, do the time.

Wasn’t disputing the suspension. :)

It was in reply to him calling Hyman a dirty rat when he’s no such thing. This might his first ever suspension at any level of hockey.

Marchand is a proven dirty rat and I explained the difference.

You can include Wilson or Kadri (if that makes you feel better) but certainly not Hyman.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Its the same song and dance from the NHL.

Something can be a penalty one night, and be a good hockey play the next.
Something can be goaltender interference one night, and be a good goal the next.
Something can be a predatory hit one night, and be a clean hit the next.

The only thing that is consistent about the NHL is inconstancy, Just need to pray you're on the right side of the calls, as some teams tend to be on a regular basis.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Doesn’t matter that Hyman hasn’t been dirty in the past...it was a dirty play. Also, I’m not sure what Marchand has to do with Hyman?

By your logic, I’m an upstanding citizen, with no record. So, if I went and assaulted someone out of the blue, I shouldn’t be subject to punishment, because I never did it before?

Makes no sense. Do the crime, do the time.
This is a weird take. The very nature of the job of an NHLer is to give and take physical contact. It's not like your job involves that. If you ran down the sidewalk and delivered a clean hit to someone you'd still get charged. If Hyman's hit was clean he wouldn't be suspended. What a strange comparison.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Wasn’t disputing the suspension. :)

It was in reply to him calling Hyman a dirty rat when he’s no such thing. This might his first ever suspension at any level of hockey.

Marchand is a proven dirty rat and I explained the difference.

You can include Wilson or Kadri (if that makes you feel better) but certainly not Hyman.

My bad, didn’t see that. Yeah, it was a dirty play by Hyman, but I wouldn’t categorize him as a rat.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
This is a weird take. The very nature of the job of an NHLer is to give and take physical contact. It's not like your job involves that. If you ran down the sidewalk and delivered a clean hit to someone you'd still get charged. If Hyman's hit was clean he wouldn't be suspended. What a strange comparison.

I would say that the very “nature” of an NHL player is to score goals, not take physical contact.

I work in Sales, so maybe this analogy will work better for you. If I had no previous criminal record and suddenly decided to embezzle funds, should I not be subject to punishment because I had never done it before?

NextYear67

Averaging over a like per post
Mar 2, 2018
GTA
Can't believe this thread is still a thing. Pretty irrelevant player to receive a suspension and its only 2 games at that lol

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I would say that the very “nature” of an NHL player is to score goals, not take physical contact.

I work in Sales, so maybe this analogy will work better for you. If I had no previous criminal record and suddenly decided to embezzle funds, should I not be subject to punishment because I had never done it before?
To score goals yes, but the idea of doing so while giving, taking and avoiding physical contact has always been there.

I perfectly understood the analogy, thank you. I just think it's a bit silly. My point is Hyman, McAvoy etc. give and take physical contact every single game, so it's not like this hit on Saturday was some brand new element of their job for them to experience, while assaulting someone or embezzling money out of the blue is. Not worth arguing about haha.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Watched it back a few times and yeah, shouldn’t be a suspension.

It was at most 1 second late, so I understand a penalty, and McAvoy acted like he died, so I sorta get the 5/game.

But an additional two games on top?

Rubbish compared to everything else that’s happened the past week with no calls

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
This is just pitiful. The lengths you go to try to justify it... on routine, nothing plays by Boston.

The 1st 3 are nothing playe, the crosscheck on Marner was a bad play.

Not sure why anyone is defending Hyman. Should have just been interference, I think the suspension is took much, but oh well, it happened let's move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad