Player Discussion Zach Bogosian

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
But, Myers has played 31 more games over the 3+ seasons since the trade, he played all 82 games last season, and he is healthy so far this year.
Indeed. Calling Myers and Bogosian a wash worked the first season or two... but it's pretty clear now that Bogosian is more damaged goods than Myers at this point. I'd love to have Myers back.

Reactions: Fearnot

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Sabres got absolutely smoked in the bogo trade. It is looking worse and worse over time. WPG continues to make hay with those assets, while the sabres have what? Bogo, O'Regan and a 2019 SJS first?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I've tried for 10 minutes to craft a post about how I feel some compassion for him for his constant injuries. However, my baser instincts keep winning out in the face of constant disappointments.

To sum up -
Just get well and get into the lineup. Or get out. :biglaugh:

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
I've tried for 10 minutes to craft a post about how I feel some compassion for him for his constant injuries. However, my baser instincts keep winning out in the face of constant disappointments.

To sum up -
Just get well and get into the lineup. Or get out. :biglaugh:
The diplomatic "Shit or get off the pot" post.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
But, Myers has played 31 more games over the 3+ seasons since the trade, he played all 82 games last season, and he is healthy so far this year.
And even though Myers sports a slightly higher cap hit, Bogo will earn in actual salary 6.5 million more than Myers over these 4 years.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
This seems like a strange way to say that since the trade, Myers has played 190 games with 20g 63a for 83 pts, while Bogosian has played 159 games with 9g 34a for 42 pts. Any way you (honestly) look at it, Buffalo would be better off with Myers.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Sabres got absolutely smoked in the bogo trade. It is looking worse and worse over time. WPG continues to make hay with those assets, while the sabres have what? Bogo, O'Regan and a 2019 SJS first?

The context of this deal has to include fact Kane was done for the year and helped with our tank. We were also playing for 25% chance of McDavid and 75% chance of Eichel. Even factoring that, we gave up too much. Not even close.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Injury-prone and unhealthy players are always that, until they aren’t. Here’s to hoping that Bogosian”s injury concerns are a thing of the past.

He has been very valuable the past three games and deserves some props. Him staying healthy would be huge

Reactions: Gabrielor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad