Player Discussion Zach Bogosian

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
I didn't realize he had two seasons left on the deal. I thought he expired at the same time as Poms and Moulson. Was looking forward to seeing 16m come off the books from ineffective players next summer. Wow.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Going to stay away from giving him any crap until 10/4 at 7:00pm.

If he’s still injured and not playing at that moment, then he and Jason Botterill will deserve an immense amount of it.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Going to stay away from giving him any crap until 10/4 at 7:00pm.

If he’s still injured and not playing at that moment, then he and Jason Botterill will deserve an immense amount of it.

It all depends on the injury.

If the LBI is because he took a shot off the foot last night, that isn't anything but bad luck.

If it is something like a hamstring pull....

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
What’s Botts got to do with it?

Did f*** all about the defense all summer (lottery doesn’t count), and when asked 20 times about it, his answer was always “we’re looking forward to bogosian and McCabe returning from injury”. Your solution to fixing a broken defense should never be hoping bogosian stays healthy, regardless of it being luck based or fishing-trip based.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Did **** all about the defense all summer (lottery doesn’t count), and when asked 20 times about it, his answer was always “we’re looking forward to bogosian and McCabe returning from injury”. Your solution to fixing a broken defense should never be hoping bogosian stays healthy, regardless of it being luck based or fishing-trip based.
You say this like half the board wasn't hoping Bogosian goes on LTIR so Guhle/Borgen/Pilut can get extended looks.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Did **** all about the defense all summer (lottery doesn’t count), and when asked 20 times about it, his answer was always “we’re looking forward to bogosian and McCabe returning from injury”. Your solution to fixing a broken defense should never be hoping bogosian stays healthy, regardless of it being luck based or fishing-trip based.

I don’t think they are relying on bogosian. I think they are going to take extended looks at a lot of young guys this season at multiple positions. They may say they are looking forward to seeing bogosian or pominville or whatever, but I doubt the plan is to rely on them

And why can’t the lottery count? A top 4 D was a huge need and we got one, which you know may have changed their plans. Plus they are aware Pilot and Guhle are close as well. I’m sure these young players coming in contributed to Botts targeting forward acquisitions.

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
You say this like half the board wasn't hoping Bogosian goes on LTIR so Guhle/Borgen/Pilut can get extended looks.

Despite the promise of those guys, bogo is still a veteran, and more importantly, still somehow going to get an A. So once again, while the young guns are getting looks, you have a “locker room leader” off in the shadows, working on his charity, unable to really impact a locker room with any wisdom when he himself hasn’t been in the trenches in essentially 2 years.

I hold him in account heavily for last years room state, because he was a leader who wasn’t there (he himself said that, that isn’t me assuming), and this would be yet another year of shadow bogosian and the myth of the top 4 defensive leader.

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I don’t think they are relying on bogosian. I think they are going to take extended looks at a lot of young guys this season at multiple positions. They may say they are looking forward to seeing bogosian or pominville or whatever, but I doubt the plan is to rely on them

And why can’t the lottery count? A top 4 D was a huge need and we got one, which you know may have changed their plans. Plus they are aware Pilot and Guhle are close as well. I’m sure these young players coming in contributed to Botts targeting forward acquisitions.

Because as great as Dahlin is, every talent like him needs leaders and talent to mold him; veterans to take hits and block shots for him; a veteran compliment to Scandella. Doughy had Greene, Scuderi, Mitchell. Vets who weren’t done like Gorges or constantly IR’d like Bogo.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Because as great as Dahlin is, every talent like him needs leaders and talent to mold him; veterans to take hits and block shots for him; a veteran compliment to Scandella. Doughy had Greene, Scuderi, Mitchell. Vets who weren’t done like Gorges or constantly IR’d like Bogo.

This team no doubt could use better players at every position.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Despite the promise of those guys, bogo is still a veteran, and more importantly, still somehow going to get an A. So once again, while the young guns are getting looks, you have a “locker room leader” off in the shadows, working on his charity, unable to really impact a locker room with any wisdom when he himself hasn’t been in the trenches in essentially 2 years.

I hold him in account heavily for last years room state, because he was a leader who wasn’t there (he himself said that, that isn’t me assuming), and this would be yet another year of shadow bogosian and the myth of the top 4 defensive leader.
I think you're kinda overstating the impact here. Of course Bogosian is going to place significance on his absence, that doesn't mean the room would've been much better with him there. There's no reason Risto, Scandella, McCabe can't be the leaders on defense for this group. I wouldn't be surprised if Risto gets the A on defense this year.

beerme1

Jun 27, 2011
What's Botts got to do, got to do with it
What's I-R but a second hand income
What's Botts got to do, got to do with it
Who need a hip, when a hip can be broken

Well that's impressive! Will probably stick too whenever Bogo gets around to playing full time.
Who needs a hip, when a hip can be broken. (game 37)

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Bye, Zach Bogosian. This is in remembrance of your pathetic span as a Buffalo Sabre. The continual and perpetual tease that you might FINALLY be healthy only to succumb to some new unmitigated disaster of a "new" injury. You are the flu bug of injuries. Take your bags Sir and go somewhere else. Casey Nelson, you are now a Sabre!

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
I fully believe he works out like a demon, but that doesn't mean he's training properly to heal and/or avoid injury. Stretching has a great deal to do with that, and I've witnessed with my own eyes NFL players blatantly ignoring proper stretching, and promptly go down with a hamstring, quad, etc...

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I fully believe he works out like a demon, but that doesn't mean he's training properly to heal and/or avoid injury. Stretching has a great deal to do with that, and I've witnessed with my own eyes NFL players blatantly ignoring proper stretching, and promptly go down with a hamstring, quad, etc...

Without knowing what his training and recovery plan looks like and what the injury actually is, there is no way to really comment on whether this injury is a result of his training program.

If the injury is a bone bruise because he took a shot off his foot, no amount of stretching in the off season would have prevented it.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Without knowing what his training and recovery plan looks like and what the injury actually is, there is no way to really comment on whether this injury is a result of his training program.

If the injury is a bone bruise because he took a shot off his foot, no amount of stretching in the off season would have prevented it.

Oh sure, but in general something isn't being done right...whatever it might be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad