Player Discussion Zach Bogosian

projexns

Matchups Matter
Mar 5, 2002
Forsling, OK
Visit site
I think Sabres fans are gonna like him.

Broke into the NHL at 18 after being selected 3rd overall in 2008, sandwiched between Doughty and Pietrangelo and thus high expectations.

Started as an offensive defenceman with 9-10-19 in 47 games as a rookie. Hit the 30-point mark as a 21 YO.

Then he started being used in a more defensive role.

Then with Byfuglien and Trouba also playing the right side, PP time and offensive numbers declined. Still played 22-23 minutes per night.

He'll be an all-round minute-munching d-man in Buffalo. He's currently a solid #3 d-man who with increased PP time can grow into a #2. 24 years-old, almost 400 games under his belt, 6-3, 225 lbs., you'll like this guy:

http://www.arcticicehockey.com/2013/9/4/4683412/zach-bogosian-winnipeg-jets-2-top-25-under-25

Edit: Corrected rookie season stats.

Last edited:

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
I think Sabres fans are gonna like him.

Broke into the NHL at 18 after being selected 3rd overall in 2008, sandwiched between Doughty and Pietrangelo and thus high expectations.

Started as an offensive defenceman with 10 goals and 23 points as a rookie. Hit the 30-point mark as a 21 YO.

Then he started being used in a more defensive role.

Then with Byfuglien and Trouba also playing the right side, PP time and offensive numbers declined. Still played 22-23 minutes per night.

He'll be an all-round minute-munching d-man in Buffalo. He's currently a solid #3 d-man who with increased PP time can grow into a #2. 24 years-old, almost 400 games under his belt, 6-3, 225 lbs., you'll like this guy:

http://www.arcticicehockey.com/2013/9/4/4683412/zach-bogosian-winnipeg-jets-2-top-25-under-25

I think he's going to be a great player, however I would prefer Myers

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Bogosian will be lucky if he can stay healthy for 65 games a season.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Bogosian's games played per year (prorating lockout season).

56 (prorated)
41 (current. Has missed 15 games) - on pace for 60.

Yeah. We'll love him when he's on the ice.

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
Bogosian's games played per year (prorating lockout season).

56 (prorated)
41 (current. Has missed 15 games) - on pace for 60.

Yeah. We'll love him when he's on the ice.

you could do the exact same thing with Myers

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
I think he's going to be a great player, however I would prefer Myers

BOGO, like Big Z, is the sort of D Man who is always looking to cut a guy in half with a big hit if he can catch him in the trolley tracks.

Meyers is not, and never will be, that type of player.

I prefer BOGO for that reason given their other similarities.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Myers and Bogosian is basically a wash.
Not according to Winnipeg's management. They targeted Myers as basis for the entire deal according to Murray. Why would a team that was stacked on the right side target Myers? Probably because they didn't feel they were nearly as stacked as fans were saying. They weren't high on what they had and they fixed it by swapping Myers for Bogosian. I've seen a few people make the comment "Why can't Bogo be just as good as Myers". Well they've both been in the league for about the same amount of time and Myers has shown steady progression while Bogo has taken a similar path but with slower results. Both were used as offensive defensemen at first. Both had horrible 2nd and 3rd seasons. But Myers turned it around after that while Bogosian struggled. Bogosian right now is where Myers was in the shortened lockout season. He's about a year and a half behind Myers. So while he could catch up next year I don't see him being much better than Myers is today. So it could be a wash one day but it certainly isn't right now and Winnipeg themselves agree. Which is why I don't understand why Armia or the 1st was added. Unless Lemieux had next to no value because of his agent father. I feel like if you take Armia or the 1st out the deal would be perfect.

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
Not according to Winnipeg's management. They targeted Myers as basis for the entire deal according to Murray. Why would a team that was stacked on the right side target Myers? Probably because they didn't feel they were nearly as stacked as fans were saying. They weren't high on what they had and they fixed it by swapping Myers for Bogosian. I've seen a few people make the comment "Why can't Bogo be just as good as Myers". Well they've both been in the league for about the same amount of time and Myers has shown steady progression while Bogo has taken a similar path but with slower results. Both were used as offensive defensemen at first. Both had horrible 2nd and 3rd seasons. But Myers turned it around after that while Bogosian struggled. Bogosian right now is where Myers was in the shortened lockout season. He's about a year and a half behind Myers. So while he could catch up next year I don't see him being much better than Myers is today. So it could be a wash one day but it certainly isn't right now and Winnipeg themselves agree. Which is why I don't understand why Armia or the 1st was added. Unless Lemieux had next to no value because of his agent father. I feel like if you take Armia or the 1st out the deal would be perfect.

Seriously? You would define Myers' career as "steady progression" ???

Myers is grossly overvalued on this forum, but that is not a surprise.

Karate Johnson*

It's just gonna be fun to hear guys from South Buffalo say "BoeGoe" when they complain about him

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Seriously? You would define Myers' career as "steady progression" ???

Myers is grossly overvalued on this forum, but that is not a surprise.

That's what you took from his post? He explained it pretty clearly, but I guess some need to have their hand held.

Southern Comfort

Oct 27, 2012
Atlanta
Being a jets fan from Atlanta makes it really tough seeing one of my originals go. Happy he's going home and you guys are going to love him. He's nasty and has a cannon of a shot. Just got to stay healthy. Going to be watching a lot of you guys now!

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
You got a really good D-man guys and not a down grade, Bogo has been playing really well and expected to do well vs teams in playoff hunts in the Central. He strikes fear in the opposition, and protects he teammates. Just last night someone started to muscle Enstrom and bogo pretty much threatened the Wild players life, classic Bogo moment.

He's going to carry the puck up ice fast and through mid ice no problem, if anything it's not going to go over well for the Tank; if you don't see that this year from him it's because he was told not to do.

That's a little info for now, Enjoy.

I wanted to keep Bogo.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad